Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure the AFL would hate for their pet franchise to win a grand final.
The AFL would've been hoping to have their two failing franchise teams, Sh*tney and the Plastics in the GF to try and show that they are relevant, but then they'd have to pay for people to go to the GF to watch the game.

The AFL would've been hoping to have their two failing franchise teams, Sh*tney and the Plastics in the GF to try and show that they are relevant, but then they'd have to pay for people to go to the GF to watch the game.
Bit silly to refer to Sydney as "failing"

Bit silly to refer to Sydney as "failing"
Living in Sydney either of the franchise teams are not mentioned or promoted that much, rugby still is the dominant code. The only times you really hear about the Swines is when they are trying to get people to attend their games by giving out free tickets, still propped up by the AFL's funding and recruiting assistance.

Plastics are even worse up here, I live just across the river from the Olympic site where they play and you never know they are playing at home unless you see TV commercials giving away tickets or promoting free entry for children for their games. At times the only way you know they are playing is if you see the lights on at the ground.

A fan rang Dwayne Russell and says “I reckon the Giants have trouble closing out games!” Insightful.
You laugh, but Dwayne probably hadn't considered it

Remove this Banner Ad

Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back