OT: Restaurants in CBD

Remove this Banner Ad

The old Norberto's. I think its now just called 'Argentinian Bar & Grill'.

If youre going along Port rd, then 100 metres further down is one of my favourites - Enzo's.

Im still spewing Cibo got bought out by the guy that runs Citrus and the Observatory. Cibo was in my opinion probably the 2nd best behind the Grange. Its now called 10 Cucina e Bar. Still modern Italian but with a twist apparently. Its next on my list of restaurants to go to.

Enzos is good too :thumbsu:

v very close - i like the ones on King William road as well (tratoletta or something like that )- the guy that won best pizza in the world ?

La Tratorria. Good authentic Italian.

you need special female company to really enjoy it - and that is obviously what TopJars has in mind ;)

it is one of the best wine lists in Australia too.
Wine list is good, food is OK but the atmosphere is just dead IMHO.

I didn't like it but that doesn't mean that no one else will :p

If the female company is whats all this about then book a nice table at XO Supper Club down on Hutt St. Its got the romantic feel about it.

Good food too.

Haven't been there. Must check it out :thumbsu:
La Trattoria has been there since .. yeah whenever.
We always get there for a feed when in town.
Relatively cheap and good. :thumbsu:

I was gonna suggest La Trattoria too, but it seems I've been well beaten.
Brilliant pizzas.
Didn't the chef win some kind of international pizza award in America or something?

Amalfi's if you want excellent pizza and pasta.

I went there during the Fringe with friends and wont be going back. The service was discraceful that night and the wine we bought was warm, although the food itself was good, pity - I'd heard it was a good place.

Thanks heaps for all of your suggestions- Im startin' to feel peckish.
Im a bit of a fan of Italian food so La Tratorria here I come.

You'd think living in a city like Port Pirie there would be Italian restaurants everywhere but it aint the case...I guess they are all too busy eating at Mammas.

What street was La Tratorria on again:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went there during the Fringe with friends and wont be going back. The service was discraceful that night and the wine we bought was warm, although the food itself was good, pity - I'd heard it was a good place.

Been going to Amalfi's for years. It has a bit of a cult following for good late night food. Service may have just been off for the night but it's always really packed and noisy. Chianti classico in Hutt Street is one of the best Italian places in town for something a bit more upmarket. Have been to Auge but it was a bit pretentious for my liking. Grange was great if rich (and expensive). For a special night it's good though.

You'd think living in a city like Port Pirie there would be Italian restaurants everywhere but it aint the case...I guess they are all too busy eating at Mammas.

King William. South side of Victoria Square, between Sturt street and Wright street if memory serves.
Might want to make a reservation by the way. It's a fairly busy place.

The owner won pizza maker of the year in the big apple a couple of years ago.

That says it all.;) Bloody fine food.

Cheap plug for my mate's website

www.webmenu.com.au

Comprehensive database on menu's for restaurants from throughout A-town.

interesting site, but it still just capitalises on the low take up of the internet amongst adelaide restaurants - which will change.

won't be a long term proposition, unless he can incorporate a booking engine. however, I still like what it does now.

Think someone already mentioned it but the Coopers Ale house is awesome, love that place the meals are always great good atmosphere and hey its named after the best beer in the world! :D

becks3.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

OT: Restaurants in CBD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back