Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

So Carlscum get into the 8 with the same amount of points as us. We miss on percentage only.
That Sydney game is going to haunt me all summer!!!!!
Sully throwing the ball to Nick, for me.

We were unlucky.

The fixture for me:

TeamDouble-up opponents
CarltonCollingwood, GWS, Port Adelaide, Geelong, Richmond, North Melbourne
CollingwoodBrisbane, Carlton, Melbourne, Sydney, Essendon, Hawthorn

We were unlucky.

The fixture for me:

TeamDouble-up opponents
CarltonCollingwood, GWS, Port Adelaide, Geelong, Richmond, North Melbourne
CollingwoodBrisbane, Carlton, Melbourne, Sydney, Essendon, Hawthorn
They also played Gold Coast in Melbourne. Big diff. Them getting rich and us hawks (with the improvement) fmd 😂

But this was the most blatant abuse of the whistle based upon personal feelings I have ever seen. Even the way he spluttered it was a free to us first in his eagerness to punish us and then started saying "it's in the rule book!" or something along those lines proving he knew how obscure and unused the rule actually is.

Umpires never say a rule is in the rule book in the course of a game as a defense for his decision, because we all know the rules which apply from week to week and don't get plucked out of the ump's arse in times of high emotion.
A more appropriate response would have been to give a warning, and to say any repeat would be a free kick.
But this w***er wanted to make a name for himself.

The predicted wet and windy weather on Friday should aid the fleet footed Hawks and limit the impact of the Dogs trio of tall forwards.

Based on form the Hawks were already in the contest but this might have tightened up the game to a genuine 50/50.

What's the go with Marshall at Port?

I know a club who would probably take him if they no longer want him.

The predicted wet and windy weather on Friday should aid the fleet footed Hawks and limit the impact of the Dogs trio of tall forwards.

Based on form the Hawks were already in the contest but this might have tightened up the game to a genuine 50/50.

Doggies handled those conditions pretty well in Ballarat against the Giants.

The weather is the same for both teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except the coaching & playing part.. 🤣
Point being, the AFL’s decision to establish a Gold Coast team has been one of the biggest failures in professional sport in this country.

Point being, the AFL’s decision to establish a Gold Coast team has been one of the biggest failures in professional sport in this country.
Waste of money, a stuff up - go those layers of strategic analysts comfortably nestling in the ample bosoms of the AFL

Last edited:
Not if you live up there and see the growth in particpation in aussie rules up on the coast in the last 10 years.
Now even the school that walter, Read came from last year are getting enquries, its now becoming the school that kids that want to play afl want to attend for their development.

Its obviously been more slow than the afl might have wanted, but they're making inroads on and off the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back