Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

****ing hell, that's over 40 years ago. I wasn't even born.

You only have memories, your last premiership was in standard def, google wasn't a thing, the Sydney Olympics was still 5 years away, VHS was how we watched movies, cd rom was a new technology, Pentium processors were only new, we still dialled in to connect to the internet, 9/11 was still to happen, the first gulf war was only a few years earlier, as was the break up of the Soviet Union etc etc.

Pathetic club. shit stain cheating scum bag club.

You have just shattered his dreams, like Billy Elliott did in 2022. Thatā€™s all he had to hold onto to keep him going over all the pathetic failures of his club over the past decades....

Gawd. Freo are not good enough for finals. And Port are a good team. Stark reality, or as one of our posters says, ā€˜thatā€™s the truthā€™.

The thought of Carlton missing out on finals was fun while it lasted. And the Bluesā€™ pain and discomfort tonight, while they waited on this result, is some compensation while we wait for them to be mauled by the Lions.šŸ˜‹

Gawd. Freo are not good enough for finals. And Port are a good team. Stark reality, or as one of our posters says, ā€˜thatā€™s the truthā€™.

The thought of Carlton missing out on finals was fun while it lasted. And the Bluesā€™ pain and discomfort tonight, while they waited on this result, is some compensation while we wait for them to be mauled by the Lions.šŸ˜‹
Like jmac70 said, the beauty of tonight is we get to witness the pain all over again in 2 weeks time. šŸ˜

I'd take a wooden spoon after 3 flags in 4 years.
That's not exactly the point I'm making. A team that was able to win 3 flags in 4 years and that has one of the strongest support bases in the league should have a strong enough culture to not be a cellar dweller this quickly, let alone produce one of the worst seasons we've seen in the last half decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got suspended for giving BOG to some Carlscum hack on their board who didn't have a possession for 3 quarters, after they got pumped by the Hawks....
They made me acknowledge and apologise for my actions.....lol

I got a day suspension which ended up being a week. Worse thing is I asked the Carlton mod who banned me why it said day off next to my name yet I was still banned and they completely ignored me.

Surely not but if Carlton beat Brisbane they play the loser of GWS/Swans and if they somehow beat them as long as Port beat Geelong they then have to go to Adelaide making it 3 interstate games in a row. Good luck with that

Most likely there will be no Prelims in Melbourne, which will be be sad.

However, AFL should be happy as a guaranteed Prelim in Sydney would pretty much be top 3 on their wish list.

The only final of genuine interest is Dogs v Hawthorn. That will be a cracker.

Winner of the GF comes from Brions, Dogs or Hawks imo. None will get the easy path though.

That's not exactly the point I'm making. A team that was able to win 3 flags in 4 years and that has one of the strongest support bases in the league should have a strong enough culture to not be a cellar dweller this quickly, let alone produce one of the worst seasons we've seen in the last half decade.
They were screwed by injury to be fair.

That free kick doesn't exist anymore!!
That's what makes it such a disgrace. That petulant creep sooked it up because the ball wasn't returned to him on a platter and leapt on an opportunity to get his revenge. He should have been suspended for weeks for such an unacceptably emotional decision and reminded that he cost a team and a coach a finals berth because he is a thin skinned sack of crap.

There are many instances in the weeks following where that identical behaviour went unpunished. The AFL are a joke.

Surely not but if Carlton beat Brisbane they play the loser of GWS/Swans and if they somehow beat them as long as Port beat Geelong they then have to go to Adelaide making it 3 interstate games in a row. Good luck with that
Brissy will murder them up there. The Lygon St premature celebrators whinge about injuries but their form was ordinary before that. All the joy and merriment of finishing above us for the first time since 1834 will amount to an embarrassing first week exit. But at least they finished above us. Rent free

That's what makes it such a disgrace. That petulant creep sooked it up because the ball wasn't returned to him on a platter and leapt on an opportunity to get his revenge. He should have been suspended for weeks for such an unacceptably emotional decision and reminded that he cost a team and a coach a finals berth because he is a thin skinned sack of crap.

There are many instances in the weeks following where that identical behaviour went unpunished. The AFL are a joke.
Thatā€™s the core of all the angst with umpiring. Inconsistent applications of rules that are open to interpretation based on the mood of the umpires

Thatā€™s the core of all the angst with umpiring. Inconsistent applications of rules that are open to interpretation based on the mood of the umpires
But this was the most blatant abuse of the whistle based upon personal feelings I have ever seen. Even the way he spluttered it was a free to us first in his eagerness to punish us and then started saying "it's in the rule book!" or something along those lines proving he knew how obscure and unused the rule actually is.

Umpires never say a rule is in the rule book in the course of a game as a defense for his decision, because we all know the rules which apply from week to week and don't get plucked out of the ump's arse in times of high emotion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back