Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon they're a chance to go all the way. They've got a tiges 2017 feel - playing a different style to everyone else and noone can defend them.

In your opinion what are they doing that's catching everyone out?

What can we learn from them?

It would be quite interesting if the Hawks did go all the way one season after us given we approached Mitchell originally before hiring Fly.

While we won the flag with one of the oldest sides on record and intend to go in even older next season by the looks of it, Mitchell took the other approach, moved on experience to give greater opportunity across his first 2 years and might now reap the rewards earlier than anticipated in year 3.

We obviously already have the Premiership under Fly that Mitchell is seeking so we have little to complain about, but the age average of the Hawthorn side last weekend was close to 2 and half years younger than our own so they look better placed for a sustained run at the flag right now.

In your opinion what are they doing that's catching everyone out?

What can we learn from them?

It would be quite interesting if the Hawks did go all the way one season after us given we approached Mitchell originally before hiring Fly.

While we won the flag with one of the oldest sides on record and intend to go in even older next season by the looks of it, Mitchell took the other approach, moved on experience to give greater opportunity across his first 2 years and might now reap the rewards earlier than anticipated in year 3.

We obviously already have the Premiership under Fly that Mitchell is seeking so we have little to complain about, but the age average of the Hawthorn side last weekend was close to 2 and half years younger than our own so they look better placed for a sustained run at the flag right now.
Giants & Cats might have them worked out the best. They're the last 2 sides to beat them anyway.

I wonder how motivated the Saints will be to win the game?

A victory should see them move from pick 5 (plus 6 if Battle leaves) in the draft to pick 7 (plus pick 8).

First game
If Dogs win, they play finals. GWS finish 4th and play Sydney in a qualifying final.
If GWS win, dogs may miss finals if both Carlton and Freo win.

Second game
If Carlton win, they play finals ☹️
If they lose, but Freo win, they miss finals 😂
If they lose by 160 points, and Freo lose too, we make finals!! Imagine that. Players are already on the beers and next minute they need to prepare for finals 😜

Third game
(of no consequence to Freo who miss finals if both Dogs and Carlton win before it)
(of no consequence to Port of GWS lose as they’ll hold second regardless, as long as they don’t allow a percentage drop of more than 2%)
If GWS win their game, Port will want to win to get 2nd back.
If one of Carlton or Dogs lose, Freo will be playing for finals and will push that team out.

So needless to say, today is very interesting!

I’m not even sure what result I want from the first game but I definitely want Carlton to lose and Freo to win (unless Carlton lose by 160 points, then Freo must lose!! lol)

First game
If Dogs win, they play finals. GWS finish 4th and play Sydney in a qualifying final.
If GWS win, dogs may miss finals if both Carlton and Freo win.

Second game
If Carlton win, they play finals ☹️
If they lose, but Freo win, they miss finals 😂
If they lose by 160 points, and Freo lose too, we make finals!! Imagine that. Players are already on the beers and next minute they need to prepare for finals 😜

Third game
(of no consequence to Freo who miss finals if both Dogs and Carlton win before it)
(of no consequence to Port of GWS lose as they’ll hold second regardless, as long as they don’t allow a percentage drop of more than 2%)
If GWS win their game, Port will want to win to get 2nd back.
If one of Carlton or Dogs lose, Freo will be playing for finals and will push that team out.

So needless to say, today is very interesting!

I’m not even sure what result I want from the first game but I definitely want Carlton to lose and Freo to win (unless Carlton lose by 160 points, then Freo must lose!! lol)

Then you should hope for a Dogs win. Freo is more likely to win if Port have nothing to play for.

Dogs, Saints, Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back