Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
scully.gif
Gaawwww, haven't seen that lovely face in a while.

❤ Gillian

They need to make sure they pick a coach who will refresh the team, bring in a new style and get them competing almost immediately. That coach then needs to stubbornly refuse to adapt when the rest of the competition works out how to beat them. :thumbsu:
Like Neil Craig. I see what you did there.

Fagan never said the list was down to 7, it was a flippant remark to the speculation of who had it, “7 people have been confirmed” as getting the job

For those looking at betting markets - when Craig was sacked in 2011, the early market favourites were Wallace and Bickley. In 2014 when Sando was flicked Eade was paying under $1.50 initially.

More recently, Brad Scott was $1.60 to coach St Kilda at one point.

Betting on the next coach of a club isn't like betting on a match, or on a Brownlow. There's nothing substantive to base it on.
I don't think its a secret that AFL media types get kickbacks from betting agencies for promoting rumours. Think how much they made on the Burns rumour.

It's because Rucci has claimed Burns is going around choosing his assistants, telling people he has been promised the job, they can't have the betting live until they know if it's true or not.

If Rucci is claiming it then it's a pretty safe bet that it's wrong. Re-open the betting!

I like the sound of that - it means if he comes in, he's bringing his own assistants with him and is cleaning out the panel that's already there.

On the other hand, that article also mentions David Noble?

The club doesn't need a calming influence. It's been too calm for too long. It needs somebody to come in and tip the whole damn thing upside down.
It said burns has been preparing for a fortnight and pyke only resigned last thursday. It wouldnt be for the crows job. Fremantle it is lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you don’t mind the intrusion.

Read some comments from your posters wondering about Schofield and as I am an avid and fanatical WAFL watcher I thought I might give my two cents worth.

I have seen him first hand at Claremont as well as watching him ply his trade as Senior Coach at Subiaco.

He is a very driven and focused individual, he is a tough no nonsense hard arse and is very demanding , but he gets results and is respected by his playing list.
Fair to say he doesn’t suit all personalities but he does get results. He is straight down the line and if you don’t tow the line he will move the player on.

His record speaks for it self he is results driven and he certainly gets results, namely Priemierships.

He is also a good developer of young talent, he also has a good record of taking other Clubs border line players and improving their skills and teaches them to become better players , so much so that they become starting 22 in his sides.

He is a touch old school is so much as he is a bit authoritarian. But he calls it as he sees it and is able to express and communicate it to his players .

I am old school and actually like his style.
He is worth strong consideration should you convince him to apply.

Always kind of liked your Club as our two Clubs share a bit in common, as both have to put up with an obnoxious , Jonny come lettely feral mob down the road.
Both our Clubs are the Big Club, in a two town City.

Hence the interest in who you appoint as your next Coach.

Word of warning and caution:

For the love of God please don’t even consider Ross Lyon he is a cancer and will end up infesting your Club .... granted he does has some loyal followers ( not surprising as he has his favourites and treats them differently to the rest of his list ) .
Also he pisses a lot of non playing Club staff off and to a point of being counter productive to whole Club.
He left St Kilda’s list in a shitty mess and from what I have been told by some close to the action at Fremantle he has done a lot of damage to the moral of the whole Club.

If you think his terse smart arsed comment in the after game pressers are off , ( as I have been told ) just imagine how toxic he is behind closed doors when he berates his players . Let’s just say he isn’t endeared by all.

All the best with your search for a new coach . 👍

I don't think its a secret that AFL media types get kickbacks from betting agencies for promoting rumours. Think how much they made on the Burns rumour.

Yeah, that’s not true.

1. It would be a breach of the integrity agreement between the AFL and the betting operator; and

2. ‘Novelty’ markets like these are subject to strict liability caps so the betting operators don’t stand to make much cash even if they could pump a rumour.

It’s more likely the AFL have asked the operators to take the market down because they are aware of a leak.

Read some comments from your posters wondering about Schofield and as I am an avid and fanatical WAFL watcher I thought I might give my two cents worth.

I have seen him first hand at Claremont as well as watching him ply his trade as Senior Coach at Subiaco.

He is a very driven and focused individual, he is a tough no nonsense hard arse and is very demanding , but he gets results and is respected by his playing list.
Fair to say he doesn’t suit all personalities but he does get results. He is straight down the line and if you don’t tow the line he will move the player on.

His record speaks for it self he is results driven and he certainly gets results, namely Priemierships.

He is also a good developer of young talent, he also has a good record of taking other Clubs border line players and improving their skills and teaches them to become better players , so much so that they become starting 22 in his sides.

He is a touch old school is so much as he is a bit authoritarian. But he calls it as he sees it and is able to express and communicate it to his players .

Always kind of liked your Club as our two Clubs share a bit in common, as both have to put up with an obnoxious , Jonny come lettely feral mob down the road.

For the love of God please don’t even consider Ross Lyon he is a cancer and will end up infesting your Club .... granted he does has some loyal followers ( not surprising as he has his favourites and treats them differently to the rest of his list ) .
Also he pisses a lot of non playing Club staff off and to a point of being counter productive to whole Club.
He left St Kilda’s list in a s**tty mess and from what I have been told by some close to the action at Fremantle he has done a lot of damage to the moral of the whole Club.

If you think his terse smart arsed comment in the after game pressers are off , ( as I have been told ) just imagine how toxic he is behind closed doors when he berates his players . Let’s just say he isn’t endeared by all.

Sold.

He left St Kilda’s list in a s**tty mess and from what I have been told by some close to the action at Fremantle he has done a lot of damage to the moral of the whole Club.

I don't see why we would pick Schofield over Bassett or Mattner, both won premierships in their own right.

Last edited:
Would they even know the skill sets and qualities they're looking for yet?

For some reason I thought Dunstall would finish up on the panel. He'd be building an intimate knowledge of the inner workings and shortfalls of the club by now
According to Roo with Dittmar today, Roo said categorically they didn’t have a favourite yet because a) they haven’t got the panel finalised, b) the review isn’t finished and they need to know the results from that before they know the sort of coach they are looking for (a rebuild and develop or whatever the other options is). So again, while I’m not a fan of Roo, he’s certainly saying all the right things at the moment. He did add that of course he’s been looking at who is available and has made a couple of calls to see levels of interest etc. but that’s due diligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back