Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. So we can finally stop profiling for/recruiting cupcakes with so called "good" breading and start balancing the list with antisocial bastards with great skills.
Society has dictated there's not many of the latter left.

Tredders on 5AA saying how all our assistants are contracted, so basically we'd have to pay out the ass to clear out our football department as it currently stands due to the footy tax.
Hart is contracted until October 31, was given a 1 year deal. I'm sure we can move Campo on and keep Godden and Mattner for a year.

Tredders on 5AA saying how all our assistants are contracted, so basically we'd have to pay out the ass to clear out our football department as it currently stands due to the footy tax.
Really only Campo and Hart. Campo has 1 year left. No idea about Hart. Chapman has stated in the last few days they're prepared to over spend the soft cap (or was that Fagan). Anyway, it'll be interesting to test their resolve and the transparency of the review

Is Burton the biggest problem at the club though, or the person who appointed Burton?

We've got roo making our next appointment for a coach who has proven to be a total failure with his appointments.

Burton is the biggest problem relating to our on field performance.

Chapman is the biggest problem at the club.

Is Burton the biggest problem at the club though, or the person who appointed Burton?

We've got roo making our next appointment for a coach who has proven to be a total failure with his appointments.

I think Burton certainly got more latitude than an outsider would have... however, they did move him away from the high performance team after the camp and injury debacle, and they brought in Saunders to clean his mess up. So they put him in as footy director (or whatever level they smacked on it) and he has again proven he is just not right for the job. That they agreed to an external review (albeit under sufferance) as well as an internal review, then oversaw the standing down of the head coach, also not allowing Burton to sit on on the panel for the new coach, is indicative that he wants what is best for the club. It may be a case of yeah ā€œIā€™ll look after you mate, until you make it impossible for me to do soā€.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton is the biggest problem relating to our on field performance.

Chapman is the biggest problem at the club.

Roo is the biggest problem, members can't remove him and told them to shut up or go support another club. He's a dictator.

He can never take that back. He showed his true colours.

Tredrea is right re: our assistants being mostly contracted for 2020.

Mattner and Godden came in on two year deals (for 2019 + 2020).

Camporeale got an extension when Pyke did. He's contracted until the end of 2020.

Hart isn't. He was all but out at the end of 2018, but was retained for one year because Francou left late. His contract ends basically now.

In terms of caps and taxes - Camporeale would be up for a decent payout. Mattner and Godden not really - we got them on the cheap. I doubt Mattner would be dumped anyway. Godden might be moved on. If the new coach did want to clear out all of our AFL assistants, it wouldn't be too costly.

In the SANFL, Younie and Thomas got two year extensions at the end of 2018 (for 2019 + 2020). Reilly's contract runs out end of this year. Overall, I doubt either of these last 3 will change as a result of being moved on. The management of the SANFL team is actually one of the club's strengths.

Hart isnā€™t contracted

Weā€™re unlikely to be able to replace 4 assistants anyway so probably no rush to ditch all of them.

For mine Campo and Hart need to go. Mattner stays, Godden can either stay as assistant or potentially be moved sideways pending what we want to do.

I dunno, maybe it's a bit "apologist" of me :) but despite the (justifiably) bad rep Roo has on BF, I'm hopeful he will be part of choosing the best coach we can get.

I think Burton certainly got more latitude than an outsider would have... however, they did move him away from the high performance team after the camp and injury debacle, and they brought in Saunders to clean his mess up. So they put him in as footy director (or whatever level they smacked on it) and he has again proven he is just not right for the job. That they agreed to an external review (albeit under sufferance) as well as an internal review, then oversaw the standing down of the head coach, also not allowing Burton to sit on on the panel for the new coach, is indicative that he wants what is best for the club. It may be a case of yeah ā€œIā€™ll look after you mate, until you make it impossible for me to do soā€.

Burton was already the football GM when the camp happened and hamstring crisis occurred, Hass was head of high performance.

Tredrea is right re: our assistants being mostly contracted for 2020.

Mattner and Godden came in on two year deals (for 2019 + 2020).

Camporeale got an extension when Pyke did. He's contracted until the end of 2020.

Hart isn't. He was all but out at the end of 2018, but was retained for one year because Francou left late. His contract ends basically now.

In terms of caps and taxes - Camporeale would be up for a decent payout. Mattner and Godden not really - we got them on the cheap. I doubt Mattner would be dumped anyway. Godden might be moved on. If the new coach did want to clear out all of our AFL assistants, it wouldn't be too costly.

In the SANFL, Younie and Thomas got two year extensions at the end of 2018 (for 2019 + 2020). Reilly's contract runs out end of this year. Overall, I doubt either of these last 3 will change as a result of being moved on. The management of the SANFL team is actually one of the club's strengths.
Ive never seen anything on Camporeale contract being extended. Was told he was on staff. So we can sack him when we want

Burton was already the football GM when the camp happened and hamstring crisis occurred, Hass was head of high performance.
Hass was using a fitness program designed by Burton when the hamstring crisis occured.

So think about that. Our head of football was removed from having input into the only area of the football department he's had experience in because he f'd it up that badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back