Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Macey??? you've got to be kidding, ditto on Josh Walker being picked!! Gee on form this year Sam Carpenter would be in the first few picked.

as i said only picked him because of his ability to play both ends and i picked a player who plays in that position...if i wanted to pick a mid fielder for the back pocket most of my side would be mid fielders.... yeh sams year has been pretty good but i went with wat ive seen and ive only seen him once so far

This team has not been picked on reputation but rather on form. D Porter maybe a little out of position but he has played defense effectivly at times.

Backs: D Maher Sauce Lonergan D Porter

Half Backs: D Mckimme A Williams R Ferraro

Centres: T Bonat McCormick N Raines

Half Fwd: S Daly D Leslie B Horn

Forwards: Fowler Prior Ednie

Rucks: Hooper Carpenter Hyde

Bench: Mackie Neely Hargreves

Emergencies: Twitt M Stevens K Stevens

Pretty even spread of players - albury 5, yarra 4, wodonga 3, corowa 3, wang 3, lavi 3, north 2, raiders 1

very good side...i like skills off half back had one of his best years for a while...only thing is you picked one ruck man so fowler would be the back up....horny has had a good year but not too sure he would start ahead the 6 blokes who are on the bench and the emergencies

very good side...i like skills off half back had one of his best years for a while...only thing is you picked one ruck man so fowler would be the back up....horny has had a good year but not too sure he would start ahead the 6 blokes who are on the bench and the emergencies
Horny was best on today in the hoppers 1 point victory over a so called gun football team in Wodonga. He also kicked 3 goals. Travelling along very nicley.

what's going on down at wodonga lads? looked to have the double chance sewn up after demolishing wang and then looked a real flag threat when they pushed albury to 7pts. but all of a sudden they seem very vulnerable in 3rd spot after a couple of upset losses. the double chance door seems to have opened for a couple of unlikely candidates in c/r and nth alb. and if wang could find a way past yarra over there this weekend then they are also every chance of grabbing the double chance late in proceedings

Wodonga should still get the double chance but the last 2 games have been very bad. Matt Shir is still missing and if he was to play in the last 3 games which have all been loses the outcomes I think might have went in Wodonga's favour.

Wodonga should still get the double chance but the last 2 games have been very bad. Matt Shir is still missing and if he was to play in the last 3 games which have all been loses the outcomes I think might have went in Wodonga's favour.

You may well be correct on that point, he's a very good player, but it also doesn't say much for the rest of the playing group, or the coach for that matter, that a top 3 side is so dependant on 1 player.

Take for example a side like North Albury, love them or hate them, they have been up against it all season, the club has been decimated by injury (and to key players at that), but somehow they find a way to get over the line. Whether they can continue to do so, and make the 5 I don't think they can, they will again this week lose players to injury and likely suspension.

But Hodgson continues to get the best out of whoever runs out on the ground for the Hoppers, that seems to be something Wodonga haven't been able to achieve, particularly of late!

A couple of Albury senior players got it on like king kong on Sunday....It happens in footy clubs but not the best scenario a month out from finals.

I reckon it would be Koehler & Mackie.... Those 2 have history..:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Mackie must have watched the Rocky trilogy last saturday morning, as the word gettin around is that he was thrown out of the Roi Bar on Sunday night after gettin in a barny with an ex-Jindera teamate. All this on sunday after gettin his medicine from Simon Bunyan on saturday arvo. Can play footy tho :thumbsu:

Mackie must have watched the Rocky trilogy last saturday morning, as the word gettin around is that he was thrown out of the Roi Bar on Sunday night after gettin in a barny with an ex-Jindera teamate. All this on sunday after gettin his medicine from Simon Bunyan on saturday arvo. Can play footy tho :thumbsu:

Apparently Bunyan ran around most of the trying to snipe blokes, I'm told he had a couple of cracks at young Robinson, must have been towled up like most of his teammates.

Also rumured that after being sent off for 15 minutes late in the 3rd term, he was back on the ground about 3-4 minutes into the last term. They reckon he was off a maximum of 6-7 minutes. Albury might want to consider an interchange official, if they want stop the opposition cheating

Agreed Simon Bunyan is a thug. Thought after last years finals series in which he played some great footy we might see his focus be the ball, but he lets himself down by trying to be a hero. Each team needs their enforcers that hit contests hard and do the bullocking work, but this guys prefers to try and drop blokes and snip blokes on the bottoms of packs. Not the type of bloke that i would've liked playing with!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Bunyan ran around most of the trying to snipe blokes, I'm told he had a couple of cracks at young Robinson, must have been towled up like most of his teammates.

Also rumured that after being sent off for 15 minutes late in the 3rd term, he was back on the ground about 3-4 minutes into the last term. They reckon he was off a maximum of 6-7 minutes. Albury might want to consider an interchange official, if they want stop the opposition cheating

It was number 2 from Lavi that landed a few on Robinson.He wasn't a shrinking violet on the day-probably justified he copped a couple.Bunyan from what i've seen of him is a hard player-had a great finals series last year.Think he comes from the Hay area so would have a Rugby background so would enjoy the physical stuff as he seems to do.At the very least he had some passion and didn't want to accept the result on Saturday.i reckon they are the sorts of blokes you DO want to play with,

Agreed Simon Bunyan is a thug. Thought after last years finals series in which he played some great footy we might see his focus be the ball, but he lets himself down by trying to be a hero. Each team needs their enforcers that hit contests hard and do the bullocking work, but this guys prefers to try and drop blokes and snip blokes on the bottoms of packs. Not the type of bloke that i would've liked playing with!

You obviously have no idea paddle pop lion & are as soft as velvet. Bunyan would be one of the most respected blokes at lavy. What he has acheived since coming across from Hay has been great, he would be right up there for hardball gets in the comp. And as for you, Where it All Began, Mackie was shootin off at the mouth to Bunyan & laid 3 jabs on him before Bunyan floored him with a right hook so get your facts right. Mackie was the instigator and got nothin short of what he deserved

You obviously have no idea paddle pop lion & are as soft as velvet. Bunyan would be one of the most respected blokes at lavy. What he has acheived since coming across from Hay has been great, he would be right up there for hardball gets in the comp. And as for you, Where it All Began, Mackie was shootin off at the mouth to Bunyan & laid 3 jabs on him before Bunyan floored him with a right hook so get your facts right. Mackie was the instigator and got nothin short of what he deserved

Your eyesight must be failing you DUD Recruit, because I don't recall mentioning Mackie in my post. Must have hit a nerve there, or maybe a bunyan!!

Sort yourself out WIAB. Bunyan didn't spend any time running around sniping blokes. He, like most other Lavi players, spent all of the first half chasing ar$e.
The incident involving Mackie was late in the 3rd quarter, a quarter where Lavi started to keep hold of the footy and kick a few goals. Mackie was the one who decided to have a bit of a push and shove after Simon stuffed up a kick. After copping 5 jumper punches in full view of the umpire, Bunyan decided to let Mackie chew on a right hook, and he went down like a sack of sh!t. Seems Joel bit off more than he could chew!

As for you VL, Bunyan is one of fairest players getting about. The fact he won't take any sh!t and gives as good as he gets (or better in the weekend's case) makes him a player most blokes want in their team.

I also reckon you made a typo in your last line, i think you were meaning to say....
"Not the type of bloke that i would've liked playing against"

Wheels may be falling off at Wodonga? Robbie jackson Announcing his retirement, and Bradshaw dropped due to his lack of form over the last few weeks. the second time this year, although the first was due to disiplinary reasons.
Can wodonga turn it around? Matt Shir will be a massive gain and they need him back.

Wheels may be falling off at Wodonga? Robbie jackson Announcing his retirement, and Bradshaw dropped due to his lack of form over the last few weeks. the second time this year, although the first was due to disiplinary reasons.
Can wodonga turn it around? Matt Shir will be a massive gain and they need him back.
From memory when Brashaw came back into the Wodonga side last year that's when they started their strong run towards the finals. Now its the opposite. This will be a good indication to just how good Wodonga are now where getting to the business end of the season? I have my doubts.

Wodonga smashed Lavington today by the tune of 98 points. Macey kicked 9 goals playing at full forward. Wodonga look better without Bradshaw in the team more options to go to up forward. Yarrawonga also had a very big win over Wangaratta which leaves the Magpies 1 game out of the 5 with 3 games to play.

Massive Round of matches next weekend.

Albury and Yarrawonga battle it out for top spot, and a psychological edge going into a final series where they may meet another two times. Looking at the scores from yesterday, seems the Pigeons are beginning to hit their peak, so should be a cracker match.

Wangaratta and Corowa meet in a real 8-point match, with the Pies needing to rebound from the flogging they got from Yarrawonga and record a win, or else they would begin to need to rely on other results going there way to make the finals. The Roos will be equally keen, with a tough last two weeks (Albury and Wodonga), they need a win to lock up a finals spot and to keep pace with Wodonga in the race for the double chance.

After a poor performance on Saturday against Wodonga, the Panthers now need to win all their matches and hope results go their way if they want to sneak back into the finals this year whilst North Albury need to keep winning to ensure they stay a game clear of the Magpies, as Wangaratta have the superior percentage.

From memory when Brashaw came back into the Wodonga side last year that's when they started their strong run towards the finals. Now its the opposite. This will be a good indication to just how good Wodonga are now where getting to the business end of the season? I have my doubts.

Can anyone enlighten us what Bradshaw has done now to be not playing at all ?

Well do u really think Bradshaw really wants to be there?
Anyway..
Who's everyones tips for each teams B&F's???
Morris Medal?
Can Wang make the finals?
Are Wodonga pretenders?
Can North do any Damage if they make finals?

Well do u really think Bradshaw really wants to be there?
Anyway..
Who's everyones tips for each teams B&F's???
Morris Medal?
Can Wang make the finals?
Are Wodonga pretenders?
Can North do any Damage if they make finals?

Morris - Chris Hyde
Wang finals - No
Wodonga pretenders - No (add shir to that side and theres an extra 3-4 goals - prior to flogging Lavi, their 3 losses were all under 2 goals)
North - Just making up the numbers, wont go to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back