Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well do u really think Bradshaw really wants to be there?
Anyway..
Who's everyones tips for each teams B&F's???
Morris Medal?
Can Wang make the finals?
Are Wodonga pretenders?
Can North do any Damage if they make finals?

Morris: Shaun Daly
Wang: Will miss if North beat Lavi & Rovers
Wodonga: Not pretenders, but need to find consistent goal scoring options
North: Awesome effort just to make the finals, given the run of injuries, but can't see them doing any damage (but they've proved the sceptics wrong thus far).

Ednie will be focusing on Yarra and no one else, so Albury can play all the mind games it likes.

Spargo was an ordinary bloke as a player and has got worse as a coach !:cool:

After todays results the only thing that is sure to happen is Albury get week 1 off.

Albury def Yarra by 25 points
Lavi def NAlbury by 21 points
Wang Rovers def Wodonga by 10 points
Wang def CR by 11 points.

Anyway..
Morris Medal?
Are Wodonga pretenders?

morris - hyde
after the weekend's results - wang finals certs with myrtleford and raiders to come, wodonga no hope of winning flag, north won't be there to do any damage.

looking like an alb v yarra GF. the wildcard is still the maggies. doubt they can win it from an elim final but capable of taking out a couple above them before they go. there is still also the improbability that they could grab 3rd at the death - wod lose to yarra this week, c/r lose to albury, wang pulverise myrtl and gain all important % to close the gap on c/r. then in last round c/r beat wod, wang win well v raiders, leaves each of wang and c/r on 40 pts so it would boil down to % and how much wang can make up in the next couple of weeks

After todays results the only thing that is sure to happen is Albury get week 1 off.

Albury def Yarra by 25 points
Lavi def NAlbury by 21 points
Wang Rovers def Wodonga by 10 points
Wang def CR by 11 points.

Albury look like there in a canter toward the flag now, thought yarra where good but alb exposed them for height and prob had an extra 10 shots on goal and looked far superior side.
Not sure why yarra didn't try and match up a bit better, caught the end of the twos and there looked to be a few big blokes in the twos.
I reckon if both sides went in unchanged yarra would want to hope a few of the albury boys couldn't find the ground on sept 20

Interesting discussion point - with all the talk about Albury's recruits and probably the best recruiting year in general in the O&M, how many out of each teams best side have played under 18's at their club? Might be interesting to see which sides are actually producing senior O&M players from within their own ranks and which sides are bringing them in from elsewhere...

Anyway..
Morris Medal?
Are Wodonga pretenders?

Morris- Jon... not going to change my opinion now
Wang to make finals- already there
Wodonga pretenders- only taken this long for reality to sink in
Can North do damage in the finals- only in the netty

And for Velvet Wang have 24(i think) that have played for the year that have come through the 18s, 14 of which i'd have in my best team, Plus 3 ex rovers blokes (thats if you count Mullins as rovers becasue he was at wang befor going to the rovers back in the day). Not saying wang is the best producer just thought id add the figures to the convo, although wang have produced the best AFL player to come from the region in Stev "J-Dog" Johnson

Interesting discussion point - with all the talk about Albury's recruits and probably the best recruiting year in general in the O&M, how many out of each teams best side have played under 18's at their club? Might be interesting to see which sides are actually producing senior O&M players from within their own ranks and which sides are bringing them in from elsewhere...

lavington have 16 players who have played senior footy this year that have come thru the under 18s.... of which 9 would be walk up starts.... and there are a few other players which have played seniors in pervious years but havnt made the grade this year for one reason or another

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Albury are the favourites to win it all. With Yarrawonga 2nd favourites and Wodonga after there win against the Pigeons today have a shot at beating them come finals time.

is it true thatNorth Albury gave away 25 50m penalties against the rovers. With coach Hodgson that main instigator. Would have to be a record wouldn't it.

can anyone tell me how josh mildren goes for the raiders? had my first look at o and m footy on weekend at the raiders lavi game and was blown away. the standard was awesome and they tell me it wasnt a great game. why is it so good, is there a heap of coin up that way? oh and adam prior looks like a w***er based on first impresion, fair comment?

can anyone tell me how josh mildren goes for the raiders? had my first look at o and m footy on weekend at the raiders lavi game and was blown away. the standard was awesome and they tell me it wasnt a great game. why is it so good, is there a heap of coin up that way? oh and adam prior looks like a w***er based on first impresion, fair comment?

You're going to break all your windows if you keep throwing those stones.

is it true thatNorth Albury gave away 25 50m penalties against the rovers. With coach Hodgson that main instigator. Would have to be a record wouldn't it.

Wasn't quite 25 - I think it was nine or maybe 10, plus five or so down the grounds. Second half was eight 50s and four DTGs alone. Must say I've never seen that many given, but it was good to see the umpires exert at least some control over what was some of the most undisciplined play I've witnessed. The amount of late hits after a Hawks player had marked the ball was ridiculous. Hodgson wasn't the only one, but did give away at least one DTG and a 50, and certainly wasn't doing anything to stop the rot. Now he's whingeing about the state of umpiring, but that's Hoggy for you. Persecution complex if ever I've seen one...

Wasn't quite 25 - I think it was nine or maybe 10, plus five or so down the grounds. Second half was eight 50s and four DTGs alone. Must say I've never seen that many given, but it was good to see the umpires exert at least some control over what was some of the most undisciplined play I've witnessed. The amount of late hits after a Hawks player had marked the ball was ridiculous. Hodgson wasn't the only one, but did give away at least one DTG and a 50, and certainly wasn't doing anything to stop the rot. Now he's whingeing about the state of umpiring, but that's Hoggy for you. Persecution complex if ever I've seen one...

yeah how unusual nth albury the instigators of unsavoury incidents under hodgson's coaching. but i am sure it is only a matter of time until hoggy is in the paper talking about how people are trying to tarnish the nth albury name etc etc. they have not needed any assistance for some years now as they do a very good job of it themselves. a crying shame they have missed the finals.....

Mildren played in the ones on the weekend and had a great final term from what I saw. Kicked a nice goal, set up another and got a bit of ball through the middle. Good to see Lambert blooding a few youngsters with finals out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back