Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Rebuilds a bit far to go, I’d suggest a clean out of influencers, arrogance and anyone that believes they are a walk up start just on name. Then have a game plan, because if the previous few weeks are anything to go off, we dont have one. I prefer a non playing coach personally
A non playing coach is crucial, Muzza doesn’t take kindly to any feedback, good coaches make tough calls, he doesn’t have that killer instinct that Crezza had. He’s done a great job thus far, but needs to get serious with some of his excess baggage. We will know in a fortnight’s time what these blokes stand for. I’d be tearing shreds off a handful of players in front of the entire playing group, send a warning shot that we aren’t here to stuff around.

Is Sam Murray’s role down back to help his side or to help Sam Murray? His QB role isn’t working. Personally I think his side would be better served if he played further up the ground. And I agree with a few of you that an off field coach is a must.

A non playing coach is crucial, Muzza doesn’t take kindly to any feedback, good coaches make tough calls, he doesn’t have that killer instinct that Crezza had. He’s done a great job thus far, but needs to get serious with some of his excess baggage. We will know in a fortnight’s time what these blokes stand for. I’d be tearing shreds off a handful of players in front of the entire playing group, send a warning shot that we aren’t here to stuff around.
Now you’ve turned on Sam Murray!… nothing to say about the injuries which Rovers have more than had their share of?

“Muzza doesn’t take kindly to any feedback… “

Either someone’s told you that or you’ve made it up because you’re an outsider looking in, you don’t go to games, you don’t even take the opportunity to watch the broadcast.

We’re nearly at the end of the year and not once have you pulled apart aspects of any game or plays that occurred.

Anyway, back to ‘Muzza’ not taking kindly to advice. Maybe a flog from the other side of the fence gave him an earful, know anyone who might have done that?

Now you’ve turned on Sam Murray!… nothing to say about the injuries which Rovers have more than had their share of?
Turned on Sam? Give me a spell, I won’t be airing dirty laundry on here, but would be open to a chat down at the club house. For your information, I’ve heard some less than savoury rubbish being hurled at Sam and his brother more than once, I defused the situation down at Albury, 4 to 1 I might add, let’s just say their tails were pretty quickly between the legs. My theory is they are still reeling over being single handedly torn apart last September by Muzz.

Do Rovers rest some big dogs this week for the dead rubber against North?

Funny all this talk about Muzz…
Personally your best player plays in the midfield.
Look at Broomhead carried that side on his back all season.
I’d be more concerned about how “Muzza” gets his kicks 41 disposals yesterday only 7 contested. 17 behinds to yarra so 17 easy kicks

Turned on Sam? Give me a spell, I won’t be airing dirty laundry on here, but would be open to a chat down at the club house. For your information, I’ve heard some less than savoury rubbish being hurled at Sam and his brother more than once, I defused the situation down at Albury, 4 to 1 I might add, let’s just say their tails were pretty quickly between the legs. My theory is they are still reeling over being single handedly torn apart last September by Muzz.
“I defused the situation down at Albury, 4 to 1 I might add”

Yeah, you and your three bodyguards onto a 14 year old kid, ya window licker

hahahahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it comical people have questioned Sams ability to win his own ball. Nearly all of his marks are contested, he barrels in as hard as any other bloke in the league. Runs a 6:30min 2km, had 3 league clubs interested in his services only 18 months ago, (Melb,Gws,Rich) he works hard and deserves respect. I’ve questioned some of his coaching tactics, but at the end of the day, he’s still learning the craft.

Gotta agree with geoffy, muzz is best used across half back, much like masters at Yarra.

The only way rovers turn it around is have Geoff run the bench

Respectfully disagree. They are conceding big scores, not working. Clinging onto a finals spot by percentage (which is under 100%)First thing they need to do is recruit a key back in the off season and get rid of the imposter who is taking up 6 points.

Respectfully disagree. They are conceding big scores, not working. Clinging onto a finals spot by percentage (which is under 100%)First thing they need to do is recruit a key back in the off season and get rid of the imposter who is taking up 6 points.
The 6 pointer’s decision making is far too slow, he doesn’t know what to do with the ball when he gets it and all too often he allows the opposition time to cover and he ends up simply kicking it high to a contest, or he gets himself into trouble, he rarely puts the ball to advantage… and that’s why his team mates always look for other options.

Muzza belongs in the engine room, period. Was chatting to a close friend the other day, imagine if The General Hartwig and Big Normo were in this team, it would be a one horse race. Unfortunately we find one piece to the jigsaw as another is lost, much like the game of life. That’s footy, you’ve gotta enjoy the good times because the heartache is real let me tell you.

Just saw reports Zeibell was clobbered by a coward on Chapel street after celebrating his last match in Melbourne. I hope they jail them bastards, I had a similar incident back in the early 90s. Watched a colleague of mine play some representative football, we ventured Lygon street for some refreshments afterwards and 16 men jumped us. I had two by the scruff and one pinned under the boot, a third jumped on my back, I’ve bent forward and flipped him on his backside. The jacks rolled in when the action was done, we left a few of them feeling sorry for themselves and thankfully they shat and fled the scene. My sidekick was nearly 7ft built like a shithouse, even he was rattled.

Just saw reports Zeibell was clobbered by a coward on Chapel street after celebrating his last match in Melbourne. I hope they jail them bastards, I had a similar incident back in the early 90s. Watched a colleague of mine play some representative football, we ventured Lygon street for some refreshments afterwards and 16 men jumped us. I had two by the scruff and one pinned under the boot, a third jumped on my back, I’ve bent forward and flipped him on his backside. The jacks rolled in when the action was done, we left a few of them feeling sorry for themselves and thankfully they shat and fled the scene. My sidekick was nearly 7ft built like a shithouse, even he was rattled.

“and 16 men jumped us. I had two by the scruff and one pinned under the boot, a third jumped on my back, I’ve bent forward and flipped him on his backside.”

1692534673583.gif

Sounds like you get some of your creative ideas from rap music and Jacky Chan movies.
The jacks? We're not in south-central LA, champ!

Long time listener first time poster big Larry- this is hilarious!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back