Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

One minute you think he's some derro scabbing bins for ciggy buts and logging onto bigfooty on the free computers down the library. The next he's Jack Reacher! Never change Larry the world would be a dull place without a renegade unit like yourself!
It's heroic, as he and his mate were being set upon BigLaz still had the presence of mind to count how many attackers there were... for strategic purposes I'm sure. I wonder if he counted the feet and divided by two, but that idea implies he was on the deck at the time which I don't think he mentioned that he was.

Kids, don't give BigLaz the stink eye at the footy.

It's heroic, as he and his mate were being set upon BigLaz still had the presence of mind to count how many attackers there were... for strategic purposes I'm sure. I wonder if he counted the feet and divided by two, but that idea implies he was on the deck at the time which I don't think he mentioned that he was.

Kids, don't give BigLaz the stink eye at the footy.

Amazing situational awareness

Sounds like you get some of your creative ideas from rap music and Jacky Chan movies.
The jacks? We're not in south-central LA, champ!

Mortlock I like your work but have to call you on this - jacks is a well used term here in Vic for the fuzz, coppers etc.

In south central believe they’re called ‘the law’ or even ‘five-o’ as in Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Prime is contracted by AFLVic for 2 years.Not sure that means he has to play at Rovers!
He definitely struggled in the first half Saturday when the pressure was on early but to his defence he didnt have a lot of opportunities or good ball in. Probably had 1-2 possessions in 1st half. Got some cheapies in the last 1/2 especially in junk time on far side. But Yarra was a class above the Rovers. Looks to me being an outsider that the top 3 are 10/15 goals above the next teams like Rovers and Raiders.
But how good is he with the kids post game. Bloody brilliant to take photos and chat to the kids as that’s what local community sport is all about. He still came off with his teammates and I say good on him.

Marklew is a star. First time watching him and his genuine star.
The Yarra ruck Rowe although not overly tall just goes all day. Strong at the centre bounces and runs hard when it’s his turn to go. Like him.
Has he always played at Yarra?

Good standard but very open fast footy. Kind of bruise free footy but wide big ground at Yarra.

He definitely struggled in the first half Saturday when the pressure was on early but to his defence he didnt have a lot of opportunities or good ball in. Probably had 1-2 possessions in 1st half. Got some cheapies in the last 1/2 especially in junk time on far side. But Yarra was a class above the Rovers. Looks to me being an outsider that the top 3 are 10/15 goals above the next teams like Rovers and Raiders.
But how good is he with the kids post game. Bloody brilliant to take photos and chat to the kids as that’s what local community sport is all about. He still came off with his teammates and I say good on him.

The Yarra ruck Rowe although not overly tall just goes all day. Strong at the centre bounces and runs hard when it’s his turn to go. Like him.

Good standard but very open fast footy. Kind of bruise free footy but wide big ground at Yarra.
Marklew could comfortably play at the next level, perfect physical attributes that the game demands these days

On CPH2021 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're showing a fair bit of disrespect to other Rovers players when you highlight how good Baulch is for community footy and how good he is with kids. There's far better role models within that club than him, players of exceptionally good character and ones who keep going when the going gets tough!

"He still came off with his team mates and I say good on him"

Wowee, what's so good about that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point is with prime train, he gets extra kids and people to the game rhat aren't normally there, then they see marklew and filo in action, add in a few thousand watch he's you tube clips each week and see the standard of the league, makes it easier to recruit, when guys can easily see the standard

I'd think it's good for the league and club, I'd think if he's actually employed by aflvic, maybe he's zero points and plays for a struggling club like a raiders, shepp united, Maryborough, St Albans etc rather than a finals side, who could use the 6 points better

The point is with prime train, he gets extra kids and people to the game rhat aren't normally there, then they see marklew and filo in action, add in a few thousand watch he's you tube clips each week and see the standard of the league, makes it easier to recruit, when guys can easily see the standard

I'd think it's good for the league and club, I'd think if he's actually employed by aflvic, maybe he's zero points and plays for a struggling club like a raiders, shepp united, Maryborough, St Albans etc rather than a finals side, who could use the 6 points better

Tim Lawrence has more Instagram followers and is a yarra local. I’d prefer to give him more airtime.
Can we stop talking about Tom, he is an alright country footballer.

Let’s talk about billy glandville having 41 disposals 27 contested.
Or the 4 Gardner boys from North, or even big Indi Kotzur from Raiders.

Let’s talk about or backyard local talent that’s what’s the best thing about the league.

I'd dispute that he gets (many) extra kids and people to the game... a handful of 12 year old kids yeah but that's it. His you tube clips don't show the game, all they show is his well edited exploits on the field. How is a video clip telling the crowd to shut up or putting up videos of two Raiders supporters giving him an earful good for the game?

What's good for the game is Steve Johnson, Fev in days gone by, some of the rich talent at Wang, the very best at other O&M clubs, Garlett at Albury, there's a huge list of great players in the league including up and comers getting on to AFL lists. The home grown talent around is so good too with many happy to play locally even though they've the skills to go much further in the game. They'll put bums on seats permanently and why individual clubs don't advertise their own players is beyond me. They could do it collaboratively with other clubs as it's obviously beyond the O&M to market their own competition.

Prime Train could get a massive amount of publicity for the Rovers and the O&M by putting up highlights of the game involving players other than himself and including the opposition! Imagine that? He's there yet no-one's using his expertise.

Last edited:
What would be in it for him though - that is probably the question he would ask.
For the same reason that he's doing it now, for views and cash.
If he dropped back to a slightly weaker comp you'd imagine that he'd have a few more highlights and he could sell a narrative around doing it for the love of the game. If he's struggling to get a kick, he has a very limited shelf life as yet another Insta fitness guru.

Still nothing from corowa, in terms of any players signed for next year, alarm bells are ringing for me there, are they waiting to see if deals are given to bradtke and melkshalm first ?
Also most players are still playing , if nothing by late September i'd be worried

For the same reason that he's doing it now, for views and cash.
If he dropped back to a slightly weaker comp you'd imagine that he'd have a few more highlights and he could sell a narrative around doing it for the love of the game. If he's struggling to get a kick, he has a very limited shelf life as yet another Insta fitness guru.
He did play VFL with Aspley a few years back. It’s just that Rovers are struggling a bit and the gap between top 3 and rest is quite big. Rover didn’t have many big forwards for him to kind of work with.
In Prime we trust 😆

I hope corowa do get back can't see it though, maybe throw the kitchen sink at mick mcguane as coach, he's got keilor senior purring along, and he coaches the club under 16s, who defeated the previously undefeated team, sets the whole club up with those actions, you'd hope Johno is doing the same at Yarra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back