Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

What will the standard be like if the salary cap is adhered to?

I fail to understand why Wang got belted when every man and their dog knew what was going on for the past couple of decades.

I’d be surprised if the Wang players copped abuse, a bit of banter yes, but leave the vitriol out of it.
The salary cap and points hasn't been in for a couple of decades, every club in Victoria looks at this and thinks twice before they go over now, so clubs through the state will either have a gun accountant to hide it, can you imagine the effort to do that or play by the rules so it won't impact on the standard of the league

Have any Wang players left the club as a result of all this? Some may not fit into the team with a reduction of points now.
I reckon there's a bit of us against the world at this stage, but there might be cracks by round 4, I don't think you'll see players leave straight away, isn't Moore contracted until 2024, he's their most important player

I reckon there's a bit of us against the world at this stage, but there might be cracks by round 4, I don't think you'll see players leave straight away, isn't Moore contracted until 2024, he's their most important player

I can’t see any cracks forming. From what I can tell the boys are keen to get back out there and start playing again. Sounds worse than it is in this echo chamber of carry on that is bigfooty. Losing Joe Richards is huge for Wang. They will drop back a bit because of it. Not because the flag has been stripped off them.
Be great to see them win it with 36 points

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Are you absolutely 100% sure not one of the players knew that their match payment/benefits provided was totally above board and within the salary cap? You could be right, but this decision can help other clubs by pushing back on players who are trying to inflate their playing price by showing what can happen when they are paid overs. That’s why I love Geelong’s model of getting players to play for unders and win premierships.
Geelong have won a single premiership and they didn’t exactly hold much back in getting Dangerfield or Cameron . Maybe not a great example .

I can’t see any cracks forming. From what I can tell the boys are keen to get back out there and start playing again. Sounds worse than it is in this echo chamber of carry on that is bigfooty. Losing Joe Richards is huge for Wang. They will drop back a bit because of it. Not because the flag has been stripped off them.

And by 28 points over the rovers would be ironic .

The salary cap and points hasn't been in for a couple of decades, every club in Victoria looks at this and thinks twice before they go over now, so clubs through the state will either have a gun accountant to hide it, can you imagine the effort to do that or play by the rules so it won't impact on the standard of the league
AFL Vics CCSP actually hasn’t been in for 1 decade and with the lost covid season(s) it has barely been used for half a decade .

I’m not sure where I stand just yet on the multiple punishments over multiple days handed out to Wang.
Caught doing the wrong thing, self reported or pre warned it doesn’t really matter.

Some suggestions of playing a year while being unable to make finals massive reductions in player points etc are, I think irresponsible. What would be the effect on the comp were that to happen in a year where we have just lost an entire club from the comp? Footy can’t afford to be weakened any further by loss of major clubs.
I think the penalty has been given and is significant enough to affect the club for this year and maybe next, but doesn’t weaken them enough to cause a collapse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Wang are considering a legal appeal.

Might seem like a good idea to a few but when you lie in court and withhold facts, documents etc it’s a lot more serious than at your local football board.

They’d be opening a huge can of worms and if they did cheat they’d be expecting players, officials to commit perjury.

Win it with 36 points?! You are dreaming PETA pumpkin eater. Wang has no chance of winning a cup in point, just buy foreign talent in, always have always will. The club across the road is a far better example of fostering up local talent. Get off your high horse PETA, don’t know how you’re allowed to contribute your dribble to this Forum.🤣🤣

Heard Wang are considering a legal appeal.

Might seem like a good idea to a few but when you lie in court and withhold facts, documents etc it’s a lot more serious than at your local football board.

They’d be opening a huge can of worms and if they did cheat they’d be expecting players, officials to commit perjury.

Haha onya champ

Win it with 36 points?! You are dreaming PETA pumpkin eater. Wang has no chance of winning a cup in point, just buy foreign talent in, always have always will. The club across the road is a far better example of fostering up local talent. Get off your high horse PETA, don’t know how you’re allowed to contribute your dribble to this Forum.🤣🤣

I know I’m a staunch Wang supporter, but you have got to be kidding aren’t you?
Give me your facts for the above statement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back