Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Btw Australia vs Sri Lanka might be a very good series, this is the best Sri Lanka have looked in years.

Should be. Winner of that series plays the WTC final. We are no certainties

Pakistan have employed a lot of overseas coaches, Lawson, Hayden, Kirsten, Arthur and now Gillespie and they haven't improved.

Like I said they need to bring back Imran Khan to coach them or if he isn't available then maybe Javed Miandad or Wasim Akram.

Dizzy Gillespie is in charge as their head coach, are you calling him crazy?
He's not in charge of Pakistan cricket and if they're true to form they'll sack him fairly shortly.

In the last 2 years they've had countless coaching changes and I reckon atleast 6 chairman of selectors and 4 board chairmen.

I've said before that their administration is run the way bigfooty would run things. Massive knee-jerk reactions to any loss. The only way to improve is to sack everyone. There must always be someone blamed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salman putting up a good fight again, underrated cricketer.

That Brook innings must have been something.

It was pretty good but he was batting against Pakistan's awful bowling attack and not his own bowling attack who are much better

Both attacks are pretty pedestrian to be fair

England's bowling attack is nothing to write home about but they have bowled on a good line and length to get some wickets.

Pakistan could do with a bowler like Hasan Ali that could bowl that nagging line and length too but they were all over the shop.

England's bowling attack is nothing to write home about but they have bowled on a good line and length to get some wickets.

Pakistan could do with a bowler like Hasan Ali that could bowl that nagging line and length too but they were all over the shop.

Add Wood to this English attack and it looks very good. Just that extra yard of pace

He's a remarkable batsman. Only reason he isn't in the conversation as 1 of the best ever is his poor conversion rate of 50s to 100s. He's rectified that somewhat the past 2-3 years and cashing in alot more once he gets to 50. He's clearly gone past Smith and Kohli now who are regressing and really he's final frontier is to make consistent runs in Australia. He finally does that he will go down as a GOAT. Already is their greatest ever.

Hes also been the most integral part of the Bazball lineup, he still manages to score quicker than most players outside England, but in this side he’s the sensible scoring option allowing others more freedom around him.

It’s really helped give him a new lease on his career when the other big stars are dwindling rapidly.

Add Wood to this English attack and it looks very good. Just that extra yard of pace

It still really doesn’t outside of England yet. That’s not to say it can’t but woakes’ record outside England is not just ordinary - it’s downright abysmal.
Leach is a really honest spinner.
Atkinson is promising but all his work to date again has been at home.
Carse has a terrible first class record. Not average, it’s worse than average.
So does Bashir. He averages almost 50 at first class level and has had the benefit of some really really generous opponents giving him a leg-up (cough cough West Indies). He DID take wickets in India but I don’t think they played him with much respect.

I think Atkinson and Wood and Leach with stokes bowling when he can, is a good ‘potential’ 3.5 man attack and Woakes in bowler friendly conditions, but it’s still got a fair bit to prove

It still really doesn’t outside of England yet. That’s not to say it can’t but woakes’ record outside England is not just ordinary - it’s downright abysmal.
Leach is a really honest spinner.
Atkinson is promising but all his work to date again has been at home.
Carse has a terrible first class record. Not average, it’s worse than average.
So does Bashir. He averages almost 50 at first class level and has had the benefit of some really really generous opponents giving him a leg-up (cough cough West Indies). He DID take wickets in India but I don’t think they played him with much respect.

I think Atkinson and Wood and Leach with stokes bowling when he can, is a good ‘potential’ 3.5 man attack and Woakes in bowler friendly conditions, but it’s still got a fair bit to prove
First time I’m a while they haven’t had an elite fast bowler in the side. Gough to Anderson/Broad really since the mid 90’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back