Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Two bowlers picked up all 20 wickets. Wonder how often that has happened (probably more common than I'd think)

Impressive display from Noman.
Think it was 6 other occasions.
When Massie got 16, Lillee got the other 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks shot TBH.

Surely he won’t make it to the Ashes tour in 25/26?

He looks long odds. Seems slightly ironic that his batting looks the most muddled under their current regime.

He used to bat with a very clear plan regardless of what approach he was taking whether it was attack or defence, he was always pretty committed to it but not to the point of going away from his technique which I always thought was actually pretty solid. Now he either digs himself into a hole and gets stuck completely or he’s out there just thrashing at everything

Stokes’ batting has been diabolical under his own captaincy
It is not that much different to his batting pre captaincy. Averages 35 as captain, 36 when he isn't. His batting has always been inconsistent just with enormous match defining innings thrown in

It is not that much different to his batting pre captaincy. Averages 35 as captain, 36 when he isn't. His batting has always been inconsistent just with enormous match defining innings thrown in

I must admit I probably overestimated the impact of his India performances on his record and didn’t realise his ashes was as strong as it was.

Just had a bit of a look at some arbitrary breakdowns of his career - I might be wrong but I think if you brought it to more recent series it would look worse but maybe not. Starting from the home summer of 2020 he has hit:

4 hundreds, 13 50s in 76 innings.

Prior to that he hit:

9 hundreds, 21 50s in 115 innings before that.

So his previous rate of passing 50 was once every 3.83 innings, and he passed 100 every 13 innings, give or take.

Now he is passing 50 every 4.5 innings in that period, and turning them into hundreds every 19 innings.

You could argue that ‘Bazzball’ has played a role in that but half of those innings were played pre-Bazzball and he only hit 2 hundreds and 5 50s in them.

Not really sure what if any conclusion to draw from it but his regularity of kicking onto something worthwhile has definitely dropped in the last 4 years

So just to be clear:

The three changes Michael Vaughan said was insanity:

1. The batsman that came in for Babar Azam made a century

2. The bowlers that came in took 9, and 11 wickets respectively.
And the changes that no one seemed to question:

1. The player who came in for Woakes scored 1 and 37, getting himself stumped in a manner unbecoming of a serious cricketer let alone the team captain. Also bowled 10 overs 0/33

Potts had a decent game but stokes was shocking and still probably half injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back