Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

On those before and after figures of Stokes as well, I just had a re-look: his average actually peaked at 38.6 during the series in which that ‘after’ period started, the home summer of 2020, so he has definitely fallen while not off a cliff altogether, a fair way since. Averaging 31 since the start of 2021, almost 39 before it. That’s a stark difference.

Seemingly non-orthodox preparation of the wicket for the 3rd Test...

TELEMMGLPICT000398617922_17295063256100_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq6yOpKMhOFSMUTtobcCJi0KoAorJGRphV7cilVKhHt3c.jpeg

Rehan Ahmed is back. If it’s going to be a battle of the spinners then congrats Pakistan on your series victory.

Wonder who the match referee will be and how he will rate the pitch. Surely Rawalpindi has some decent ground staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not confident using their feet to get to the pitch of the ball? Duckett aside.
That was what made them relatively successful last time they were in Pakistan. Admittedly the pitches didn’t turn much but they all used their feet incessantly. It’s like they had that one win against India on the back of Pope sweeping and reverse sweeping and despite not winning again they have forgotten there are other ways to score runs against spin

Just noticed while looking for some music clips that this game is being broadcast live and free on youtube channel PCB Sports Central if anyone who who doesn't have subscription wants to watch.

Was just about to comment England 221/6, nz 221/6

But just as soon as I spotted it we lost another bloody wicket. Told you I was a jinx

What's the record for the longest opening spell of bowling in history?
Not sure but joey palmer’s 58 overs unchanged with Edwin Evans has to be up there. Was probably 4 ball overs back then but still impressive

Noman and Sajid with 9 wickets between them, close to the 10 again.

It was established that there have been a few instances of two players taking all 20 wickets in the match, including some high profile cases. Would be interesting to know if (or how often) the same two bowlers have taken all wickets in three consecutive innings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back