Patrick Dangerfield 'dangerous tackle' - gone or safe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again we are left wondering if Danger is out to hurt players in a manner that is unsportsmanlike.

His tackle on Walsh was pretty “agricultural “ and completely unnecessary in its execution.

Pinning a player’s arms and using his legs as pendulum to slam a player into the turf was overtly dangerous and showed no duty of care.

History shows that he intends to hurt players to assert his dominance and he has been involved in too many incidents that result in injury or suspension to be coincidental.

Then there is the secondary issue of his atrocious kicking skills.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And we're left wondering if Sam Walsh face planting the turf twice in one game is a deliberate trend by the flagless Blues.

We'll be watching with interest to see if Sam and the flagless Blues continue to pull out this tactic in the coming weeks.

But then he didn't even get looked at for knocking out Vlastuin in 2020.
And rightly so.
Was contesting the ball, made contact with ball. Braced for contact.

Non-suspendable football act

Or he could have tackled and shown a duty of care like most players do.

I think he did show a duty of care.
He pinged his arms but that was the worst of it.
He didn't lunge Walsh into the ground, or ride into his back with force.

If anything, he nearly held him up.

I don't have any skin in the fight, as I am a neutral, but it looked far from malicious in my humble view.

You're better than this pigshit viewpoint
He did nothing wrong. As the lack of MRO intervention showed.
So now the MRO is infallible? Why aren’t you just accepting his decision on PD this time then?

Regardless, I’m sure you can imagine how Richmond supporters might feel aggrieved regarding the incident mentioned.

So why did you bring Brownlow voting into it? You could have just said IMHO he was unfairly suspended for the Kreuzer incident in 2017. But then he didn't even get looked at for knocking out Vlastuin in 2020. So... swings, roundabouts.
Did you see who I was replying to?
He said I bet if he were a Brownlow favourite he would not get rubbed out

So now the MRO is infallible? Why aren’t you just accepting his decision on PD this time then?
Of course they are, but you'd expect the footy department at AFL HQ to overrule as they have the power to do.

Having compromised to not put his name to the charge, Christian believed Maynard had no case to answer for and was willing to stake his job on the line — a viewpoint opposed by AFL bosses.

“It was a dramatic day at AFL headquarters on Friday, in fact the drama probably began on Thursday night,” veteran journalist Caroline Wilson said on Channel 9’s Footy Classified.

“I was at the AFL (finals) function, there was a lot of conversations going on.

“By Friday morning, the view of the Match Review Officer Michael Christian was there was going to be no case to answer for Brayden Maynard.

“Laura Kane disagreed, (incoming AFL CEO) Andrew Dillon disagreed and (outgoing AFL CEO) Gillon McLachlan disagreed. Those bosses insisted on sending this one straight to the tribunal.

“The AFL know that had nothing happened here, it would’ve been a disaster PR-wise for them.

“More disputes occurred when the AFL insisted on grading the charge.”

It then led to Christian threatening to walk away from the role.

“At this point, my understanding is the Match Review Officer said he would have to consider his future at the AFL if this recommendation went through to the tribunal,” Wilson added.

“Whatever happened after that, whether a bluff was called, but Michael Christian is still there and the recommendation still went through to the tribunal.”

Facts are the MRO saw nothing wrong and the lack of action to combat that can suggest that neither did anyone else in the AFL HQ hierarchy of 2020.

Regardless, I’m sure you can imagine how Richmond supporters might feel aggrieved regarding the incident mentioned.
I can. No one likes seeing their players come to harm.

But imo unless the aim is to make the game touch footy there must be wriggle room to allow incidental contact within the realms of 'football acts'.

Peter Wright says hello
Speaking of. I felt Wright should have got off.
Was contesting the footy and a split second act of contesting the ball resulting in incidental head contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good bloke defence should work here, if it worked for Charlie Cameron.

Failing that the Chewbacca defence is an option.

Dangerfields action did nothing to propel walshes head forward and down in the fashion and force with which it went… in fact he was almost holding him up. It’s amazing how good players are getting at the whiplash effect.

And we're left wondering if Sam Walsh face planting the turf twice in one game is a deliberate trend by the flagless Blues.

We'll be watching with interest to see if Sam and the flagless Blues continue to pull out this tactic in the coming weeks.

That makes tons of sense, deliberately concuss yourself so you miss a couple of matches leading into the business end of the season!
Have you any other pearls of wisdom or are you a BT fan who leaves his thinking up to others?

As if a player is going to risk serious injury for a free kick in the opening minute of a home and away game when the scores are nil all.

That makes tons of sense, deliberately concuss yourself so you miss a couple of matches leading into the business end of the season!
Have you any other pearls of wisdom or are you a BT fan who leaves his thinking up to others?

As if a player is going to risk serious injury for a free kick in the opening minute of a home and away game when the scores are nil all.

Steven May just got fined for faceplanting.

Like I said, we'll watch with interest to see if this is a new trend creeping into Sam Walsh and the flagless Blue's game.

I think he did show a duty of care.
He pinged his arms but that was the worst of it.
He didn't lunge Walsh into the ground, or ride into his back with force.

If anything, he nearly held him up.

I don't have any skin in the fight, as I am a neutral, but it looked far from malicious in my humble view.

I appreciate you have a non biased view, but when you drag a player forcefully to the ground by using that player to completely suspend your entire body weight and momentum as a pendulum, you are certainly not holding up the player you are tackling.

Make no mistake Dangers intended to forcefully bring Walsh to ground without any duty of care!

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Dangerfield 'dangerous tackle' - gone or safe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back