Patrick Smith caught out again

Remove this Banner Ad

waldo48

Debutant
Oct 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
;) Like most Journalists, Fatprick Smith never lets the truth get in the way of writing some garbage.

Gregg Swann on SEN this morning "Dick Pratt was re-elected unopposed in December and has the full support and confidence of Board and every Director. Every time Partick Smith starts banging on about the AFL wanting Pratt to quit, Andrew Demitiou rings me to tell me that is not the case, they have no issue with Dick Pratt and it is a matter purely for the Carlton Football Club. "

Well Fatprick take this and shove it up your a*re. Let's see how you and Bartlett respond to what Swann has said and when will you get the messsage that we don't give a continental about what you think.

Get a life. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

;) Like most Journalists, Fatprick Smith never lets the truth get in the way of writing some garbage.

Gregg Swann on SEN this morning "Dick Pratt was re-elected unopposed in December and has the full support and confidence of Board and every Director. Every time Partick Smith starts banging on about the AFL wanting Pratt to quit, Andrew Demitiou rings me to tell me that is not the case, they have no issue with Dick Pratt and it is a matter purely for the Carlton Football Club. "

Well Fatprick take this and shove it up your a*re. Let's see how you and Bartlett respond to what Swann has said and when will you get the messsage that we don't give a continental about what you think.

Was Swann talking to the Fatprick when he said this? If so it would've been a shame that I missed a Swann and Fatprick head to head!

Was Swann talking to the Fatprick when he said this? If so it would've been a shame that I missed a Swann and Fatprick head to head!
No.......fatprick doesn't like to go head to head with people that actually are involved.......just irrate fans that he can talk over and belittle.:thumbsu:

He doesn't like to back up his argument with facts....
Pre-requisite at The Australian.

Greg Denham "Voss IS the new coach of the blues.......and Frawley will be his advisor"...........

Greg Denham "Voss IS the new coach of the blues.......and Frawley will be his advisor"...........

Must be why Greg gets along with KB so well..."Richmond IS in the best position to get Chris Judd"

KB and Patrick Smith have been spiraling down into a bitter-twisted mess, ever since Judd made his move to the Blues public. I actually enjoy their weekly anti-Carlton fabrications. They're quite funny. :)

For the last few years it seems that he has been living in a little fantasy world and unfortunately Pratt is the latest person to draw his ire. He is a genuine shitcarter, Patrick Smith and I wonder why anyone would bother to pay him to comment on anything.

The funny thing is, at the end of this season Pratt may well step down (as he said initially he'd do the job for two years and then hand it over)......I'll bet Fatprick slaps himself on the bag after a long and tireless (or tiresome) campaign.......he finally got his man.:D

For the last few years it seems that he has been living in a little fantasy world and unfortunately Pratt is the latest person to draw his ire. He is a genuine shitcarter, Patrick Smith and I wonder why anyone would bother to pay him to comment on anything.

Calm, considered and informed comment doesn't seem to sell. Its the Jerry Springer principle.

Yet another thing that this idiot forgets with this line of thinking is that Mr. Richard Pratt has solved one of the AFL's biggest problems for it - the state of the Carlton Football Club. In one year he has turned around its hopes and need for further assistance.

The AFL will be thankful to Mr.Pratt for a long while yet, particularly when Carlton plays in front of 75,000 people crowds most weeks like the Pies.

WE ARE COMING BACK

SO FRIG OFF YOU HACK WRITER!!!

take your one-eyed blinkers off people.

what Patrick is saying about Pratt is true. He has been found guilty of the biggest price fixing cartel in our history.

700 Million dollars of OUR money he and his mates stole.

If Pratt is allowed to get away with this by Carlton and the AFL, how can they possibly punish anyone for a wrong doing?

If Pratt is allowed to remain, then it is open slather.

Anything is allowed.

As a lifelong Carlton supporter i would state the above if Pratt was President of Carlton or Collingwood or Sydney or whoever.

What he did was not trivial. He should go.

:eek::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

posted by Terry Wallet

what Patrick is saying about Pratt is true. He has been found guilty of the biggest price fixing cartel in our history.

If Pratt is allowed to get away with this by Carlton and the AFL, how can they possibly punish anyone for a wrong doing?

Anything is allowed.

As a lifelong Carlton supporter i would state the above if Pratt was President of Carlton or Collingwood or Sydney or whoever.

mate u are wasting your time with this mob. according to them a little 700 million dollars worth of price fixing is no big deal - as long as he is doing a good job at Carlton.

Going by that logic it wouldn't matter if the prime minister was completely crooked as long as he was running the country well.

Anything is allowed.

He did the wrong thing, he was found guilty and he was punished accordingly.

Why should he be punished future???

What Patrick is saying about Pratt is true. He has been found guilty of the biggest price fixing cartel in our history.

Anything is allowed.

:cool: Let's get one thing straight, Pratt/Visy did not steal $700m of anyone's money. This is just a figure plucked out of the air by those thieving hyenas at Slater & Gordon when they were trying to drum some reward based business called a "class action" for people that were supposedly disadvantaged by the Visy/Amcor action.

Have a look at what Pratt said and, what has not been disproved - Amcor approached Visy about a price arrangement because they were being slaughtered by Visy in the market. Visy agreed and then went on doing exactly what they had been doing, undercutting Amcor's price. Pratt's testimony (again not challenged) was that prices actually fell or did not rise as much as they would have during this period because of Visy's aggressive market approach.

Also, if those hyenas at Slater & Gordron had such a wonderful case, then why haven't they proceeded with a class action. That is because there is nothing for them to chase.

Finally, why did Amcor get off scott free just because they were caught with their hand in the till and rolled over and put their legs in the air. The fact of the matter is that Pratt and Samuel have some history and Samuel has been waiting for some time to have a crack at DP.

He finally found something that he could go to the papers with and Pratt accepted that that had done the wrong thing (in principle) and copped a wack. Since then Samuel has been running around saying "look at me look at me aren't I wonderful" when he actually did bugger all other than work on the paperwork provide by Amcor.

As an Investatigive Organisation the ACCC is a joke and so is Samuel.

It's on this argument that people like Fatprick have been carrying on about DP without ever bothering to check the facts.

Finally, Visy accepted that they had done the wrong thing, copped a fine and have moved on. So should Smith and everybody else.;)

Anything is allowed.

While I actually agree with some points, it is not the role of Carlton or the AFL to get him. This was dealt with in the courts and this is where it belongs.

How about some loyalty to the man who saved your footy Club?

How about some support for a life-long fan (and player) who has put his ballson the line for the Club.

No one denies he made a mistake, but that's for the Courts. Pratt has done more for this club than just about anyone in the last 20 years so why wouldn't you want to stick up for him?

And dont spread that rubbish about $700m, which was a made up number in an article, and don't think that you aren't ripped off all of the time due to uncompetitive practices. Think banking, air flight, supermarkets, petrol..Does that make it right? NO But does that mean I'm not going to forgive the man who has given the CFC renewed life?

Hell No.

Pratt has my support.

How about some loyalty to the man who saved your footy Club?

How about some support for a life-long fan (and player) who has put his ballson the line for the Club.

No one denies he made a mistake, but that's for the Courts. Pratt has done more for this club than just about anyone in the last 20 years so why wouldn't you want to stick up for him?

And dont spread that rubbish about $700m, which was a made up number in an article, and don't think that you aren't ripped off all of the time due to uncompetitive practices. Think banking, air flight, supermarkets, petrol..Does that make it right? NO But does that mean I'm not going to forgive the man who has given the CFC renewed life?

Hell No.

Pratt has my support.

As President he sets the example. Simple fact of life.

It is not just a matter for the courts and thats the end of it. By that logic, you could have Carey or Ablett as your President. By that logic, you could have Vizard as president. By that logic, you could have Chopper Reid as president.

You can have all the gratitude you like for what Pratt has done for Carlton but the simple fact of life is he has been found guilty of the biggest cartel in our history. And contrary to the case made a few posts back , that IS stealing OUR money....and in massive quantitys.

I state again, if Pratt is allowed to go unpunished at the football level, then it is open slather. You cannot punish ANYBODY. If that is the precedent the AFL or Carlton want to set, then fine. If not, then he must GO.

simple.

I am sure that if it was someone of a lesser stature, like Rod Butterrs or Ray Horsburgh etc, they would be long gone.

Pratt has done a lot of good for Carlton, but what he did was inexcuseable and he should GO.

Now.

As President he sets the example. Simple fact of life.

It is not just a matter for the courts and thats the end of it. By that logic, you could have Carey or Ablett as your President. By that logic, you could have Vizard as president. By that logic, you could have Chopper Reid as president.

You can have all the gratitude you like for what Pratt has done for Carlton but the simple fact of life is he has been found guilty of the biggest cartel in our history. And contrary to the case made a few posts back , that IS stealing OUR money....and in massive quantitys.

I state again, if Pratt is allowed to go unpunished at the football level, then it is open slather. You cannot punish ANYBODY. If that is the precedent the AFL or Carlton want to set, then fine. If not, then he must GO.

simple.

I am sure that if it was someone of a lesser stature, like Rod Butterrs or Ray Horsburgh etc, they would be long gone.

Pratt has done a lot of good for Carlton, but what he did was inexcuseable and he should GO.

Now.
First of all his crime was at a football level so why should he be punished there? If you stole some pens from your previous job would you be expected to be punished at you current job?:rolleyes:

He was punished, he admitted his mistakes, he copped it on the chin, and now he's moving on having learnt from his mistake.

Therefore as far as i can see if someone at the football club does something wrong they can can be punished and then after they do their time we all move on.

Anything is allowed.

Not concerned by the opinion of a supporter who likes to bag out Carlton players on the main board to win favour with opposition supporters. Who would have bailed out Carlton if not Pratt? You??? Not bloody likely. He is doing his job at Carlton and that is what true Carlton supporters should be concerned about considering how dire our situation was. His cartel activities have been dealt with and nothing occurred as president of Carlton and it has not brought Carlton into disrepute.

Supporters support, not seek personal glory by knocking down all and sundry.

mate u are wasting your time with this mob. according to them a little 700 million dollars worth of price fixing is no big deal - as long as he is doing a good job at Carlton.

Going by that logic it wouldn't matter if the prime minister was completely crooked as long as he was running the country well.

Said who?

All we are saying is that he has been punished, and is still open to civil action from those cmpanies affected (who by the way won't be passing on their spoils to you, but you're not concerned about that are you?;)).

How many times and ways should he be punished?
Why should the CFC be punished?

He did the crime, he has "done the time"..............why should the AFL do anything?

Ben Cousins never got charged with anything and he was sacked and delisted.
That was a choice that the club made, and as you stated, had nothing to do with the legal system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Smith caught out again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back