PAVLICH OMITTED FROM AA - A DISGRACE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon's fake twitter account put it quite nicely.

"Time for a few AA selectors to resign. KB and Gerard Healy need to do the right thing. Made to look like fools tonight"

Didn't wanna venture on to these threads because I know it won't change a thing.
Firstly I wanna say, NicNats selection has NOTHING to do with Pav, get over it. Talk about it in a different thread if you want but it has nothing to do with Pav's omission.
Secondly, yeah Pav had a bad patch but so did Hawkins. Rounds 6-16, he was probably goal effective as Pav. Not sure who was more effective within GA's etc.
Either way, Pav put is in the finals and had such a massive impact. I don't mean to disrespect Hawkins, I just feel Pav was better and deserved it more. The reason for an average start is a pathetic excuse as Hawkins had a poor period and Franklin missed 6 games (that being said, I'd still have Franklin for sure).
I haven't really read this thread to be honest, forgive me if stuff has been repeated. Hawkins is good and will get better, but I feel Geelong had many more players that put them in the position at the end of the season, whilst Pav and a few others, put us into the finals. Whats done is done though, just wanted one say. Every team has players that miss out (Mitchell, Le Cras a few years back) and just gotta deal with it.

Finally - is it true, do they stop voting at round 18?

Yeah this went into hyperwhinge..beats the Neon Leon whinge easily and just edges out Joel Bowden at CHB :thumbsu:

Maybe the machete wielding mob could see it this way....Pav once got pretty damn lucky jagging an AA at FB, when he only played a handful of games there for the entire season. Realistically its not as though he's one AA short of where he should be overall.

Three certainties in life...Death, Taxes and the Karma Bus.

Yeah this went into hyperwhinge..beats the Neon Leon whinge easily and just edges out Joel Bowden at CHB :thumbsu:

Maybe the machete wielding mob could see it this way....Pav once got pretty damn lucky jagging an AA at FB, when he only played a handful of games there for the entire season. Realistically its not as though he's one AA short of where he should be overall.

Three certainties in life...Death, Taxes and the Karma Bus.

LOL

I agree FB wasn't the right spot, but I think you'll find he played defence for the majority of the year. Kicked a massive 10 goals for the year.

This thread still going? Has there been a longer whinge about an unlucky AA omission in the past?

Has there been a more blatantly obvious bad decision by the selection panel? Its not really worth carrying on, because what's done is done, but every AFL pundit in the country had Pavlich in their team and some even had him Captain.

I'd also like to point out that your whinge about the thread still going has helped the thread to keep going.

of course we are whingers. We really have something to whinge about. Im not suggesting Franklin shouldnt be there because he should --even though he had some down games.In my opinion Tom Hawkins is developing but he had an average year and didnt deserve to be there.How dare all you eastern states
biased football watchers suggest Pav doesnt deserve it. Do any of you watch the games we play?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that it makes any difference but Paul Roos on radio last night said he was shocked at the Pav omission. Had him in his first 10 AA picked. That says it all for me.

Roosy's All Australian team:

Grundy - Teddy - Waters
Shawy - McPharlin - MartyMattner
Cotchin - Watson - Jack
Jetta - Goodesy - O'Keefe
Franklin - Pavlich - BennyMcGlynn

Mummy - Joey - Ablett

Cox - Dangerfield - Jude - LRT

Freo fans are whinging about Pavlich being left out... At least he's been picked 6 times before

Sam Mitchell has been picked ONCE in his entire career :eek::thumbsu::thumbsu:
That's the same number of times as Adam McPhee, Chad Fletcher and Harry O'Brien
Leon Davis and Aussie Jones made it into the All Australian team twice

Mitchell should be a 4 time All Australian by now - and I'm being conservative

Sam Mitchell's 2012 >>>> Matthew Pavlich's 2012

Some of his best games were against the best teams

Freo fans are whinging about Pavlich being left out... At least he's been picked 6 times before

Pure BS. Power forwards are much harder to come by then midfielders.

Pav came 7th in the MVP Mitchell wasn't in the top 10. In fact of the top 10 in the MVP only two didn't make AA (Pav 7th and Petrie 10th).

Pav was shafted big time.

Roosy's All Australian team:

Grundy - Teddy - Waters
Shawy - McPharlin - MartyMattner
Cotchin - Watson - Jack
Jetta - Goodesy - O'Keefe
Franklin - Pavlich - BennyMcGlynn

Mummy - Joey - Ablett

Cox - Dangerfield - Jude - LRT
What's he doing there!

I'm inclined to agree with you on that. I rate Mitchell very highly but he struggles to get recognised for some reason. Probably because he's one of many 'top line' mids that pretty much every team has at least one of. In any case, I think he's very unlucky not to get named again this year ...

... but no, just no.

So were Pav's.

Well miracles do occur...

“@AFL: @RideTheKtrain I've let the sub editors know. Will make the change. Thanks for the heads-up.”

This thread is still going and Freo fans are still steaming. I mean, I like seeing fanboys get worked up on Internet forums, but this thread is providing endless lols. Mods should just shut this down, as its now become an excuse for hardline Freo fanboys to take out their frustration on ex champion footballers like Luke Darcy.

Luke Darcy is a disgrace. Did you hear his justification of Pavlich not being in the team? Funniest couple of minutes of media ever. The AA selectors are obviously very embarrassed at how 'out of whack' they are with not only AFL Players and Coaches votes, but also the majority of media and general public opinion. They have played the price for their laziness and having no real idea of player performance during the year. Anderson and Dimwit can be excused somewhat, and senility has set in with Bartlett. The other 5 selectors share about 40 braincells between them. Who would of thought there was a panel that could make the MRP look like a group of Einsteins? I mean Josh Gibson not in the squad, Pavlich not in the team. Mindboggling, and not one of them has been able to justify or backup their decision. I'd swab the whole lot of them.

Well Pav finished 11th in the Brownlow and 7th in the AFLPA MVP. Ahead of all other key forwards in the comp in both awards. I would love to hear what the AA selection panel has to say about that.

Well Pav finished 11th in the Brownlow and 7th in the AFLPA MVP. Ahead of all other key forwards in the comp in both awards. I would love to hear what the AA selection panel has to say about that.

I think its time to move on. It can't be good for your health.

Remove this Banner Ad

PAVLICH OMITTED FROM AA - A DISGRACE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back