Pearce to Fremantle confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

It sucks, but come draft time your spirits will lift as you see the talent walking in the door. If you get a decent (and well resourced) coach, you will be fine. Always darkest before the dawn they say.

KT said in his 5CC interview tonight that the Pearce deal is 2 years and it is "spectacular"

He also made the point that Fremantle and where they are at see Pearce as more valuable than Port do and where we are at
Look at the link I posted.
4 years, straight from Chris Bond's mouth.

Rohde told AFL.com.au's Trade Radio on Wednesday afternoon that Fremantle's four-year offer to Pearce was well above what the club was prepared to pay.

"To match the offer Fremantle had put up was really not an option for us," Rohde said.

"We think the offer that they've given him is very generous."

From what Rohdey is saying it sounds like 4 years on big money...generous sounds like 500k a year to me.

Out with Pearce

In with supplements

epo.gif

Another dark day at Port.

I honestly wish your club all the best through these times. Kudos to the supporters, for being loyal and facing the music.

If my team was in your position, I'd probably be too heartbroken to catch up with footy anymore.

thankfully you're just one opinion.. a dark day for a club to sell a player? lol was it a dark day for Port Adelaide when josh carr went to freo?

This is great news. The higher they are paid, the better our compo!! He may have somehow miraculously moved himself up into band 1 territory. But realistically should be band 2 (if krak was band 3)

Another dark day at Port.

I honestly wish your club all the best through these times. Kudos to the supporters, for being loyal and facing the music.

If my team was in your position, I'd probably be too heartbroken to catch up with footy anymore.

If you could support Fremantle through 15 years of failure, I'm sure you could handle what we've been through :)

Now **** off to your own board with your bullshit.

If you could support Fremantle through 15 years of failure, I'm sure you could handle what we've been through :)

Now **** off to your own board with your bullshit.

Don't be too friendly will you.... :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fingers crossed it is. Hope we also get a 2nd rounder for chaplin at least. Plus a first rounder for Jacobs will give us 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders. Those kind of picks could get us back in the game.

Fingers crossed it is. Hope we also get a 2nd rounder for chaplin at least. Plus a first rounder for Jacobs will give us 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders. Those kind of picks could get us back in the game.

We will get a 2nd rounder or an end of second rounder for Chaplin (big difference for us).

I will be pleasantness surprised if we get a 1st rounder for Jacobs.

If Chappy is getting a 4 year deal at Richmond possibly high $$$, wouldnt we get a better overall pick? Possibly pick 8?
I thought they would combine the compo pick so yeah it would end up being 8 i reckon..but its not clear. This process should be more clear cut with compo clearly publicy stated from the time the contract offer is lodged.

**** knows how someone who'se consistently been average got that deal. We won't miss him and I won't miss the frustration, maybe he'll actually hit a target next year on the run.

**** knows how someone who'se consistently been average got that deal. We won't miss him and I won't miss the frustration, maybe he'll actually hit a target next year on the run.

I wonder if the 'generous' offer Freo gave to Pearce will put pressure on his ability to deliver and the Freo salary cap in the next year or two? Might be that a player or two could fall out, if their list keeps on performing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pearce to Fremantle confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back