2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked like most had already gone on mid season break. Is Murphy injured again? Commentator said he was dropped. Don’t think he played Ressies though.
That is the same commentator that said that Drew Banfield son Charlie was the brother of Freo's Bailey Banfield. Wouldn't pay too much attention. He tries hard though and it's nice having the WAFL every week now. Freo wouldn't do it for us. WC did for their supporters.

That is the same commentator that said that Drew Banfield son Charlie was the brother of Freo's Bailey Banfield. Wouldn't pay too much attention. He tries hard though and it's nice having the WAFL every week now. Freo wouldn't do it for us. WC did for their supporters.
I remember him saying he was dropped. He was guessing and was running through the outs. Murphy likely had a niggle and was managed or illness who knows. I thought Murphy played quite well against Swans the previous week and would be silly to drop him after a solid game and when Blight left the team due to being drafted by Richmond.

Out of interest Blight played well in VFL. 20 possessions and 9 marks.

Copper needs some more ball tbh.

I guess Brodie and Ras are taking a lot of the centre square stuff, but we need a guy with his skill to start getting 20-30 not 10-15
In the weekend he played quite a bit on ball and in the centre. Just couldn’t get his hands on it. I don’t see him as an inside mid. He will need a pre-season. Had an injury interrupted 2023 season by all reports. I think throwing him more on ball will do his development the world of good though.

I guess Brodie and Ras are taking a lot of the centre square stuff, but we need a guy with his skill to start getting 20-30 not 10-15
Let’s give the kid a season to get up to speed before we put any expectations on him beyond “walls has picked a ripper”
Ras and Brodie are waiting in the wings for the chance in the 1s and need to be playing in the midfield.
Simpson will get his chance.

Fyfe is probably in his last year. Next year with another preseason Erasmus will get games.
I'm betting he'll go again. Because:
1. We may be a serious contender next year. He won't want to miss that.
2. His body is going so much better in 2024.
3. Don't underestimate what he brings - he's still a playmaker with a great footy brain.
4. He is still developong as a player - remarkable thing to say but I think he's adapted to his new role within the team and is strongly committed to that.

Knobel needs to be fast tracked, you done wont him leaving for more opportunities.
I wouldn't be surprised if we let Reidy go, he's fulfilled his purpose for two years as being a stop gap to play only if needed. They might run the gauntlet next year of backing one of Darcy or Jackson to always be fit as they have been so far

I wouldn't be surprised if we let Reidy go, he's fulfilled his purpose for two years as being a stop gap to play only if needed. They might run the gauntlet next year of backing one of Darcy or Jackson to always be fit as they have been so far
Agreed. Knobel comes into Peels league side and Odin is the back to the back up.
I think Knobel has a lot of upside.
Do we get anything for an ooc Reidy?

Agreed. Knobel comes into Peels league side and Odin is the back to the back up.
I think Knobel has a lot of upside.
Do we get anything for an ooc Reidy?
I'd imagine a team that wants him just back themselves to sign him as DFA. I don't think a third round upgrade is worth being silly about if they plan on letting him go anyway

I'd imagine a team that wants him just back themselves to sign him as DFA. I don't think a third round upgrade is worth being silly about if they plan on letting him go anyway
Could actually see him thrown into the baker trade as a token gift so to speak .

Richmond desperately need some rucks/ talls especially as lefau going down with an ACL and Naismith already having done his 4th(? Entering Alex Johnson territory)

In the weekend he played quite a bit on ball and in the centre. Just couldn’t get his hands on it. I don’t see him as an inside mid. He will need a pre-season. Had an injury interrupted 2023 season by all reports. I think throwing him more on ball will do his development the world of good though.
Do you think he could be groomed as wing? Clearly hhf would work but wing would be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did speculate that he might have trouble finding the ball given his other attributes and draft position.

That said, if he can learn it, even just to a ~20 per game level, he'd be very damaging.

We did speculate that he might have trouble finding the ball given his other attributes and draft position.

That said, if he can learn it, even just to a ~20 per game level, he'd be very damaging.
If he keeps getting 8ish tackles a game they'll bring him in on that alone

Just to clarify for the several people who quoted my post I don’t think Fyfe would be dropped for Erasmus & I certainly don’t think he isn’t playing good football.

My opinion is that Fyfe is a different cat and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him retire if he’s not enjoying his footy or his body continues to deteriorate.

On the other hand if his new holistic approach to managing his fitness sees him feeling confident to compete at a level he’s happy with he may well go another year.

He seems very up & down with his kicking demons & I wonder how much it gets to him mentally.

Usually means nothing but Brodie named on the wing for Peel. Would be interested to see if that works. Unlikely considering he is out of the main team because of his lack if defensive run

Usually means nothing but Brodie named on the wing for Peel. Would be interested to see if that works. Unlikely considering he is out of the main team because of his lack if defensive run
He has been named on a wing before but as far as I'm aware he hasnt actually played on a wing so far this season. I could be wrong though.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back