2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

On a par with lachie, Hogan and acres cutting it up for other sides. Will be a bad look over looking Will.

Not including lob or that little ****wit that went to st kilda as they couldn't wait to remove themselves.
No one is picking up Will Brodie if we delist him

Is it just me and Paracleet that thinks Knobel could be special? Surely with no Tabs or Voss THIS is the game to just plonk him forward? Anythings better than doing cardio for reserves...

He’s improved a lot.

I don’t understand this either. They could leave Jones as a permanent forward

No one is picking up Will Brodie if we delist him
Not so sure about that. No one is going to pay anything for him so we can help facilitate a move by delisting him. Possible rookie list. Even Connor Blakely got a list spot (albeit) rookie after we delisted him.

The year before Connor was delisted we moved him to Rookie. If no interest and we want to free up a primary list spot then that is a genuine option for Brodie. Once delisted you just never know but depth cover on rookie list isn’t a terrible option for Brodie.

Plus, what the hell, if there’s still doubt over Darcy, why isn’t Reidy the holdover player, are we going to run with Voss as the forward/Ruck if Jackson is the main man?
There is obviously no doubt over Darcy.

Reidy already played no game last weekend. Not ideal for him to miss another.

If Darcy pulls up sore after Geelong game then Reidy can come in for Debut against GWS and if that ends up being the case we need him having played a game not sitting out a couple of weeks. We desperately need a win and our best team against Geelong is important.

There is obviously no doubt over Darcy.

Reidy already played no game last weekend. Not ideal for him to miss another.

If Darcy pulls up sore after Geelong game then Reidy can come in for Debut against GWS and if that ends up being the case we need him having played a game not sitting out a couple of weeks. We desperately need a win and our best team against Geelong is important.
If there’s any doubt about Darcy we should be resting him, we saw what 70% Darcy looks like last week, play Reidy against the Cats and Knobel in the Peel 1sts.

He’s improved a lot.

I don’t understand this either. They could leave Jones as a permanent forward
Yeah I see great upside with him, Sandi like upside, but he's got to start marking the ball - he averages three makes per game in the ressies and less in the league. Let develop at Peel for a while, get him on protein all summer and smash the gym before we bring him up. He needs time and patience, but it will be worth it in the end. He has really good skills for his size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing you actually watch the game, unlike some who just goes by stats I'll take your word for it . Note, JL doesn't even look at stats for those just reeling them off

Well maybe he should then, considering his baffling selections have arguably cost us 2 weeks in a row. His intuition clearly doesn’t work.

When somebody is head and shoulders above the rest in most measurable statistics it’s hard to ignore.

Well maybe he should then, considering his baffling selections have arguably cost us 2 weeks in a row. His intuition clearly doesn’t work.

When somebody is head and shoulders above the rest in most measurable statistics it’s hard to ignore.
I think it is more about his system and working within it. But it seems to be ridiculously limiting and selective.

What if they've seen Reidy up against Darcy and Jackson and he can't hold his own against them , even if it's only training or sim
That's right. It's possible. But he was the same with Meek. Only played him when he absolutely had no other choice and then still had a little cry when he left. I could imagine Reidy could struggle against Darcy but Jackson I'm not so sure.

If Brodie can't get a game off of the back of his Sandover Medal level form, why do we even have him on our list? I just don't get it, Reidy was superb today too.
We have 4-5 inside mid roles and he is 7th in line. Ras being the 6th.

No opportunity this year but doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

Backline and forward line have been a lot deeper into depth than the mids this year.

We have 4-5 inside mid roles and he is 7th in line. Ras being the 6th.

No opportunity this year but doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

Backline and forward line have been a lot deeper into depth than the mids this year.
I mean I get where you are coming from, but what sort of message does it send to the rest of the players when you have Brodie carving it up and playing out of his skin only to be told every time "Yeah not this week mate, sorry."

It just looks like no matter how well you play in the WAFL you won't be rewarded for your efforts.

I mean I get where you are coming from, but what sort of message does it send to the rest of the players when you have Brodie carving it up and playing out of his skin only to be told every time "Yeah not this week mate, sorry."

It just looks like no matter how well you play in the WAFL you won't be rewarded for your efforts.
That’s why it’s so important for players to have multiple roles. The ones that don’t have to just bide their time.

I mean, he’s stuck behind Fyfe, Serong, Brayshaw & Young. So not exactly a few bums and the coach hates him.

Johnson too but he has developed another role & Ras who has been performing better than him for most of the year at Peel and is younger.

His other issue is he has a long contract so I’m playing Ras over him on one off’s to prioritise his happiness. Quality depth is important as we found out today when our forwardline ran out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back