Peter Helliar - is he meant to be funny??

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you misplaced the decimal place? I've heard $500 for 30 minutes, so $1,200 for 2 hours would sound about right.

Those figures are spot on. No one makes $12K for a sportsman's night. No one. It defeats the purpose of the night - to make money for the club. The poster who quoted the original figure is either a complete fool, or a misguided one. Either way...

Those figures are spot on. No one makes $12K for a sportsman's night. No one. It defeats the purpose of the night - to make money for the club. The poster who quoted the original figure is either a complete fool, or a misguided one. Either way...

Yes that is true, but Helliar may have over quoted.

You know those jobs that you just can't be ****ed doing, so you say a ridiculously high price, you know they'll say no, but if they agree you make a killing.

Helliar may have thought I can't be ****ed, but don't want to look like a prick saying no.

:
What idiot would start a thread like this. What's he doing on TV. Think it has something to do with talent knockerboy. Something he probably does alot better than you ever would. You're obviously jealous, hence the tall poppy knocking. Get a life!

Thanks Pete, whatever you reckon:rolleyes: Hellier can be funny, Straughnie was funny the first 10 times but is now just annoying and try hard!

I saw some highlights of the E J Whitten game on the weekend, and can't quite get my head around what that fat effwit Peter Helliar was doing there..

I understand that the character he played has sort of something to do with football, but don't understand why the character was playing - and more to the point does anyone find anything this bloke does funny - he is less funny than Rove (and that is saying something), his ad for the womens gym is particularly unfunny and I saw an ad on the telly last night where he rated himself as some sort of lothario whilst advertising a pasta sauce...

What is he doing on televison???

You boring muck whole!

An idiot like me - I didn't understand why he was playing in a legends game alongside people who have played the game at the highest level - the only thing he appears to have done at the highest level is eat all those pies...

The fact I don't find anything he does amusing is not relevant here - what I was wondering was why he was playing in a legends game when he is far from being a football legend...

And as for talent, I don't think he has a lot of talent, but a few people here do - no biggie...still have no idea how he qualified as a legend for a legends game, that's all...

In light of this I missed your threads questioning why Peter Rowsthorn was out there as well. Is he funny enough for you to be out there despite not being an ex-afl player?

I think you've changed your tune a little here.

In light of this I missed your threads questioning why Peter Rowsthorn was out there as well. Is he funny enough for you to be out there despite not being an ex-afl player?

I think you've changed your tune a little here.

Can't remember mentioning Peter Rowsthorn - my query is why it is marketed as a legends game and non legends play - and I also queried whether Helliar was meant to be funny as an aside to the main query as to why the fat karnt was playing the other night in a legends game...

Can't remember mentioning Peter Rowsthorn - my query is why it is marketed as a legends game and non legends play - a debate over which comedians are funnier isn't appropriate for this forum...

Thats my point. You started the thread saying you didn't think that Peter Hellier is funny and now you're saying you started it because he shouldn't of been playing (because he's not an ex afl player). Either is Peter Rowsthorn but you're not having a go at him.

Why does it bother you so much anyway when they are just doing it for charity? If he gets a few extra people there (he clearly was entertaining to a large number of people in the crowd) who cares?

I saw some highlights of the E J Whitten game on the weekend, and can't quite get my head around what that fat effwit Peter Helliar was doing there..

I understand that the character he played has sort of something to do with football, but don't understand why the character was playing - and more to the point does anyone find anything this bloke does funny - he is less funny than Rove (and that is saying something), his ad for the womens gym is particularly unfunny and I saw an ad on the telly last night where he rated himself as some sort of lothario whilst advertising a pasta sauce...

Somebody feeling a little bit down today and finding somthing to pick at? :rolleyes: many people do find him funny and that is why he played. Fair enough your opinion you probably dont like him but lots of people do so get over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may not like peter heliar but I think his involvement in the EJ game was a great idea. This game is a chance for people who chronically make a goose of themselves on telivision to outdo themselves. Capper in pink and Newman as ump should testify to that(happened in previous years).

I mean if they let a little girl play...whats wrong with heliar? This is a game that was not meant to be taken seriously

frankly I would have liked to see straughnie up against someone who would have taken joy in humiliating him. For example if they played daryl white(was he playing for the all stars?) he would have torn Straughnie a new one, probably racked up over 30 possies deep in defense.

thats what you get with an asian mum

people take him to seriously
and people say that some of his jokes are lame, thats why there funny.

eg: strauchnie walked around the lexus centre, and held out picutres of the shaws and said to martin clarke " to be sure to be sure"

i mean thats funny because its so lame, and this strauchnie character is funny becuase he talks him self up so much, yet dosnt deliver.

people need to stop being so serious and relax

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Helliar - is he meant to be funny??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back