Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no one is frothing over JVR

Its just a him or nothing scenario

Im in the ballpark of preferring nothing
This reminds me of when you guys says 'we don't need Luke Jackson'. You could've had him but you guys were stubborn. Next minute you missed out on the best young ruck in the game who made the AA squad. So if you don't rate JVR, that doesn't surprise me. but dees wouldn't be trading him for anything other than a top 3-5 pick. He's got physical presence and crashes packs. And is a dead-eye kick for goal.

LOL at defining the physical presence of a player with 0 AFL pre seasons.

Seriously, do better
JVR had a presence from his first training session. Presence isn't defined by how much you can bench. It's how hard you go at the footy. Maric is a just a flanker. he'll be delisted in a couple years once better options come through.

How do you square the circle that West Coast are the most tight-lipped secretive club in the land but are also leaking info to BigFooty posters?

Lol.

Go read the Eagles draft threads. They keep their cards close to their chests. Don't play trades out feeding the media like some clubs do.

Last year and the two WA mids was an exception as blind Fredy could see what they were doing.

This reminds me of when you guys says 'we don't need Luke Jackson'. You could've had him but you guys were stubborn. Next minute you missed out on the best young ruck in the game who made the AA squad. So if you don't rate JVR, that doesn't surprise me. but dees wouldn't be trading him for anything other than a top 3-5 pick. He's got physical presence and crashes packs. And is a dead-eye kick for goal.
We don't need Jackson, nor do we need JVR.

He'd be a handy replacement for JD as steak knives in a trade for pick 1 along with 4 & 5 however.

How do you square the circle that West Coast are the most tight-lipped secretive club in the land but are also leaking info to BigFooty posters?

Same way they quote reports when it suits there narrative (that JvR is part of a trade) but dismiss it when it doesn’t (trade is 5, 15, F1).

Also same way they claim to know categorically that Reid isn’t a flight risk when nobody would know except Reid.

They are changing there story as this thread goes to thump the chest and suit the narrative despite probably actually knowing sweet FA like the average big footy peasant.

We didn't need him. Of what use to us would Jackson have been with no one to tap to? We needed to and still need to focus on drafting midfielders for the future, not giving all of our draft capital away for a ruckman for the now. You don't seem to have a very good understanding of list building.

Would you offer your F1 for it? If so, it would be yours if they can't attract a top line player.
Don't GC need points this season? I think we'd do that trade but I'm not sure it makes sense for GC.

Don't GC need points this season? I think we'd do that trade but I'm not sure it makes sense for GC.
They already have more picks than list spots this year. They'll have pre-arranged live trades for junk picks to get enough points to match bids. Ideally they'd trade for a gun, failing that they get the best F1 they can or possibly, but unlikely, try and get ahead of the Walter bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you offer your F1 for it? If so, it would be yours if they can't attract a top line player.
I’d do it if Curtin was available. Next years top end looks to be heavily Vic metro dominated (although obviously a lot can change in 12 months). It would also need to be a straight swap for me, which I’m not sure GC do.

We didn't need him. Of what use to us would Jackson have been with no one to tap to? We needed to and still need to focus on drafting midfielders for the future, not giving all of our draft capital away for a ruckman for the now. You don't seem to have a very good understanding of list building.

He would tap it to these big bodied midfielders who are squaring up every bounce and throw in to protect an 18 year old Harley Reid.

You know, the ones who will protect Harley from being targeted each and every match and being beat up on by the opposition.

I’d do it if Curtin was available. Next years top end looks to be heavily Vic metro dominated (although obviously a lot can change in 12 months). It would also need to be a straight swap for me, which I’m not sure GC do.

GC would need to make up approx 2500 points in 2023 which isn’t small change.

Pick 4 is worth around 2k points I think that's nearly half their current hand. That would mean they need to trade out players to make up the points. Chol might be moving but I don't think they'd get more than a 2nd rounder for him if he's being pushed out. Trouble is every club they'd trade with would recognise they are desperate to make up those points so they could offer them unders.

I do agree that swapping their first for the Eagles FF would be their best move IF they can make up the points they've lost.

He would tap it to these big bodied midfielders who are squaring up every bounce and throw in to protect an 18 year old Harley Reid.

You know, the ones who will protect Harley from being targeted each and every match and being beat up on by the opposition.
Yeah, 'cos Jackson's so much bigger than Williams :rolleyes:

1693535154835.png

GC would need to make up approx 2500 points in 2023 which isn’t small change.
Flanders, Hollands and Chol potentially leaving should give them plenty of points. Can also work in a 3rd team to get them a pick or two this year if need be.

But from a WC perspective I wouldn’t be happy unless it was a direct swap (which again would be unlikely for GC). Giving up a potential top 2 pick plus extras for pick 4 doesn’t appeal to me. Giving up F1 for Curtin is still risky but I’d do it.

Pick 4 is worth around 2k points I think that's nearly half their current hand. That would mean they need to trade out players to make up the points. Chol might be moving but I don't think they'd get more than a 2nd rounder for him if he's being pushed out. Trouble is every club they'd trade with would recognise they are desperate to make up those points so they could offer them unders.

I do agree that swapping their first for the Eagles FF would be their best move IF they can make up the points they've lost.
They could trade 4, 2024r2, 2024r3 for eagles 19, 2024r1. That gets Gold coast 19 which they can trade down to get more points this year.

Last edited:
They already have more picks than list spots this year. They'll have pre-arranged live trades for junk picks to get enough points to match bids. Ideally they'd trade for a gun, failing that they get the best F1 they can or possibly, but unlikely, try and get ahead of the Walter bid.
Way it would work is if we want that pick we add a extra future 2nd rounder as opposed to our 1st rounder I think and at the same time give GC enough points to work with and make up the points they need for the 3 players. I think a offer of

Pick 19,38 and future 2nd for pick 5 would work

Way it would work is if we want that pick we add a extra future 2nd rounder as opposed to our 1st rounder I think and at the same time give GC enough points to work with and make up the points they need for the 3 players. I think a offer of

Pick 19,38 and future 2nd for pick 5 would work
Not for Gold Coast it wouldnt

For Gold Coast, its 3 2nd rounders, and 2 very early ones in that. I think we can add more for them points wise also

If Gold Coast want a future pick + points, unles Bulldogs offer them future 1st rounder I think ours is the best offer

Maybe Doggies go Pick 17 + future 1st for pick 5 etc

I think this is on the basis that GC can find points elsewhere for this year. But yes, it wouldn't work on this trade alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back