Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Gold Coast, its 3 2nd rounders, and 2 very early ones in that. I think we can add more for them points wise also

If Gold Coast want a future pick + points, unles Bulldogs offer them future 1st rounder I think ours is the best offer

Maybe Doggies go Pick 17 + future 1st for pick 5 etc
Most teams would offer better deals than that

Flanders, Hollands and Chol potentially leaving should give them plenty of points. Can also work in a 3rd team to get them a pick or two this year if need be.

But from a WC perspective I wouldn’t be happy unless it was a direct swap (which again would be unlikely for GC). Giving up a potential top 2 pick plus extras for pick 4 doesn’t appeal to me. Giving up F1 for Curtin is still risky but I’d do it.

Flanders is about to resign. Chol would give them a 3rd if they are lucky, Hollands a 2nd if they are lucky. That makes up about half of the deficit, and only if the compo is actually in 2023.

JVR had a presence from his first training session. Presence isn't defined by how much you can bench. It's how hard you go at the footy. Maric is a just a flanker. he'll be delisted in a couple years once better options come through.
Maric 18 months younger, taller with no pre-season..

This reminds me of when you guys says 'we don't need Luke Jackson'. You could've had him but you guys were stubborn. Next minute you missed out on the best young ruck in the game who made the AA squad. So if you don't rate JVR, that doesn't surprise me. but dees wouldn't be trading him for anything other than a top 3-5 pick. He's got physical presence and crashes packs. And is a dead-eye kick for goal.
That reminds me of when you said Jackson wasn't leaving Melbourne 🤣

Who is giving them this though? At best say Demons but then are they wanna go iunto a points deficit for a extra 4 spots in the draft that would represent the differnece between our 2nd rounder which will be pick 19-21 and Demons 1st which will be 15-18
I would hope hawthorn are talking to them about 4 and our F1. I have no ITK though, just my own hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they need picks this year still for points so youd need to satisfy that too and that would be too much to give up

I think Gold Coast want to keep F1 to target Ben King again anyway
Something like 4, and a late pick or two in the 60s and maybe say a future 3rd for F1, 27 maybe. Obviously fiddle with the lower picks to make it work however you like, but at the core it is 4 and something for F1 and 27.

Flanders is about to resign. Chol would give them a 3rd if they are lucky, Hollands a 2nd if they are lucky. That makes up about half of the deficit, and only if the compo is actually in 2023.
Half is still a decent start. Could even get in on the Dogs trade if they want a future pick instead. 10 + 17 to GC, 4 to us, F1 to Dogs

Way it would work is if we want that pick we add a extra future 2nd rounder as opposed to our 1st rounder I think and at the same time give GC enough points to work with and make up the points they need for the 3 players. I think a offer of

Pick 19,38 and future 2nd for pick 5 would work
I think last year GWS and West Coast should have traded directly, not been part of a megatrade.
Likewise, probably best West Coast / Gold Coast deal directly, maybe bring in 1 more team this year, avoid a megatrade.

He would tap it to these big bodied midfielders who are squaring up every bounce and throw in to protect an 18 year old Harley Reid.

You know, the ones who will protect Harley from being targeted each and every match and being beat up on by the opposition.
Not sure what you're babbling about, but if we traded all of last years draft capital for Jackson we wouldn't have Hewett or Ginbey in the midfield, and Reid would be getting targeted even more than he will. Trading for Jackson would've been terrible list managment.

They could trade 4, 2024r2, 2024r3 for eagles 19, 2024r1. That gets Gold coast 19 which they can trade down to get more points this year.
I think that whoever they trade with, it will be done as a live trade. If it was West coast, it could be something like 4, F2 > F1, 38, 54, 57. Suns will want the other team to bring the junk picks to the draft for them.

Not sure what you're babbling about, but if we traded all of last years draft capital for Jackson we wouldn't have Hewett or Ginbey in the midfield, and Reid would be getting targeted even more than he will. Trading for Jackson would've been terrible list managment.
Jackson also rarely wins the hitouts anyway

Who is giving them this though? At best say Demons but then are they wanna go iunto a points deficit for a extra 4 spots in the draft that would represent the differnece between our 2nd rounder which will be pick 19-21 and Demons 1st which will be 15-18
Basically every team would offer up their F1 for pick 4. Though obviously different teams would need to chuck in different sweetners to get a deal to stack up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back