Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is no Mckay Band 1 compo i could see eagles strongly considering 4 and 5

But id still want a bit more imo if im the eagles. They aint ticking me over the edge

1. MELB - H.Reid
2. NORTH - D.Curtin
3. Hawks - Duursma
4. WCE - Mckercher
5. WCE - C.Osullivan

Team up some allies boys who both know theyre likely having to move states anyway. Get a mid and KPD

If there is no Mckay Band 1 compo i could see eagles strongly considering 4 and 5

But id still want a bit more imo if im the eagles. They aint ticking me over the edge

1. MELB - H.Reid
2. NORTH - D.Curtin
3. Hawks - Duursma
4. WCE - Mckercher
5. WCE - C.Osullivan

Team up some allies boys who both know theyre likely having to move states anyway. Get a mid and KPD
I assumed HFC signalled interest in duursma because mckercher would be gone. I wonder what our staff would do if both were on the board.

I assumed HFC signalled interest in duursma because mckercher would be gone. I wonder what our staff would do if both were on the board.

With Wingard out for next season I would’ve thought Watson would also be of interest. Wouldn’t Dursma just be another Will Day.

Why not take O’Sullivan? Kid looks a jet and you guys could use another KPD. Will likely be some other late bolters as well.

Why would we take O'Sullivan?

Why don't Melbourne take him?

Bont and Oliver weren’t even considered top 10 at this point of the year in there respective drafts.

Yes, they were.

Here you are again claiming to know if Reid is a flight risk or not with no-way known anybody would know what he is thinking. JHF also wasn’t considered a flight risk.

JHF might have possibly stayed if North weren't an utter shambles and he had a club legend in Harvey publicly shaming him over his training/recovery standards. North didn't exactly give themselves the best chance to retain him with how pathetic they were off-field during his year there.

WCE have arguably the best player retention in the competition and are the benchmark for onboarding interstate draftees into life away from home.

Whether Reid's a perceived 'risk' or not is irrelevant, WCE will back themselves in to retain him, just like they've done with so many who came before.

With Wingard out for next season I would’ve thought Watson would also be of interest. Wouldn’t Dursma just be another Will Day.
Many hawk supporters have expressed interest in Watson. I have no inside knowledge, just the journo leaking about us and duursma.

I hope we stay away from a small forward (or a key defender) at pick 3.

Why would we take O'Sullivan?

Why don't Melbourne take him?

Yes, they were.

JHF might have possibly stayed if North weren't an utter shambles and he had a club legend in Harvey publicly shaming him over his training/recovery standards. North didn't exactly give themselves the best chance to retain him with how pathetic they were off-field during his year there.

WCE have arguably the best player retention in the competition and are the benchmark for onboarding interstate draftees into life away from home.

Whether Reid's a perceived 'risk' or not is irrelevant, WCE will back themselves in to retain him, just like they've done with so many who came before.

Dees probably will take OSullivan if they have that pick. Would be quite happy with him at that pick with May getting on. Backline general for 15 years sorted.

Re bolters: Oliver was being eyed by Carlton at Pick 12 until a few weeks out from the draft when he bolted. He didn’t even come through state league.

Bontempelli was rated as far back as 17 as per below link

Very simple thinking to say there won’t be any bolters this year.

Mate you just default to disagreeing with everything regardless if it’s factually correct or not.

Darcy Wilson is one I can see moving up the ranks. Average 31 disposals and a goal. Would be happy with him at the Dees.

“Darcy Wilson’s gut running, ability to cover the ground, and break lines when he has the ball is excellent. He’s a good ball-user, really damaging, and is certainly one to watch over the next little period.”

Here is a list of other bolters including Cripps, Taranto, Degoey and Mcluggage.

Those thinking the top 5 or 7 is fixed this early are kidding themselves
Doesn’t that just add to the argument though? Why trade the surest thing we’ve seen in years for a couple of picks that could still potentially be anyone.

Here is a list of other bolters including Cripps, Taranto, Degoey and Mcluggage.

Those thinking the top 5 or 7 is fixed this early are kidding themselves

Exactly

Which is why any suggestion of whether WC might trade or not is pretty much crazy at this stage as noone could possibly know (WC likely don't)

Way too much to play out

Dees probably will take OSullivan if they have that pick. Would be quite happy with him at that pick with May getting on. Backline general for 15 years sorted.

Re bolters: Oliver was being eyed by Carlton at Pick 12 until a few weeks out from the draft when he bolted. He didn’t even come through state league.

Bontempelli was rated as far back as 17 as per below link

Very simple thinking to say there won’t be any bolters this year.

Mate you just default to disagreeing with everything regardless if it’s factually correct or not.
I'm disagreeing because nobody in this thread offers anything useful as to why WCE should trade pick 1.

Don't urgently need KPPs.

Don't urgently need forwards/backs.

Don't urgently need rucks/developing rucks.

Urgently need gun stoppage players, of which Reid is the only one in the top 15.

I'm disagreeing because nobody in this thread offers anything useful as to why WCE should trade pick 1.

Urgently need gun stoppage players, of which Reid is the only one in the top 15.

You guys got smashed by 100 points multiple times and you are saying you don’t need forwards/backs/rucks or KPP?

Ooooookaaay then 😐

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arent Eli and Ginbey gun stoppage players?

Arent Eli and Ginbey gun stoppage players?
Yeah they're pretty good but we've got TK playing inside, as well as Petruccelle, of all people.

Need someone to replace Yeo in the middle thought.

For player comparisons to our previous midfield;

Ginbey/Culley = Redden
Hewett = Shuey
Reid = Yeo

Except they have the potential to be far better.

Yeah they're pretty good but we've got TK playing inside, as well as Petruccelle, of all people.

Ginbey/Culley = Redden
Hewett = Shuey
Reid = Yeo

Will end up like bulldogs and Port with gun midfield and trash rest of team

Ginbey/Culley = Redden
Hewett = Shuey
Reid = Yeo

You would be pretty happy if they even got close to as good as yeo and shuey.

Will end up like bulldogs and Port with gun midfield and trash rest of team
but pick 1 has the magical ability to fix our entire list if only we trade it... maybe to the dees?
look, we're taking 4-5 picks this year. 4 of them within 40 already. we're probably going to be last or nearabouts next year, maybe even the year after. there is going to be a lot of elite talent brought in over the next few years.
i understand you are totally coming for a place of deep concern for the state of our list but the reality is that there is no rush. if any club can survive a stretch on the bottom it is us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back