Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FF Ryan B Williams Maric
HF Brockman Allen Long

Rotations: Cripps, Hewett, Reid, Kelly, Sheed, Culley (193cm)

J Williams backup Fwd / Ruck

Bailey Williams as a CHF? Wouldn’t be banking my next premiership tilt on a bloke who has probably only kicked 10 goals in his career. Half these blokes will be long gone before your next finals series.

Maric has never booted more than 2 goals in a match. Liam Ryan is almost 27, Cripps is 31.

Noah Long kicked 7 goals in 14 games.

Last edited:
Bailey Williams as a CHF? Wouldn’t be banking my next premiership tilt on a bloke who has probably only kicked 10 goals in his career. Half these blokes will be long gone before your next finals series.

Maric has never booted more than 2 goals in a match.
Aren’t you banking your premiership tilt on a FB whose player up forward for 4 weeks in his career and kicked 19 goals in 62 games ?

Yeah but that doesn't make them a 'must have', it makes them a fallback plan if an offer to good to refuse comes through.

Currently, no offer that's too good to refuse has been tabled in this thread(that a club would reasonably propose), or in the media.
I've probably missed this somewhere in here but what trade would be required for you personally to be happy with WC trading the pick? 2 and 3? 2,3 and 4?

Aren’t you banking your premiership tilt on a FB whose player up forward for 4 weeks in his career and kicked 19 goals in 62 games ?

We are banking it on an AA forward in Petracca, or Fritsch who booted 6 goals in 2021 GF, or one of the best small forwards in the game Pickett.

Not a rag tag crew of Noah Long (7 goals in 14 matches), a part time ruckman, and a bunch of blokes who will be in there 30s or retired.

I don't agree. I think multiple offers in this thread are well beyond what WC would take (regardless of what supporters think).

The difficulty is that for WC to take any of those offers, they have to actually want who they think they can get at those picks. And we don't know who they actually want.

If I had to bet though,I would just say they play safe and take Reid. I would have said that back when you downgraded pick 2 though. Just in case I needed a reminder of my own ignorance.
I just can't see them accepting an offer for 2 + Port's first, for instance. All this talk from the media about a 'bounty' of picks, only to take that? Yeah, can't see it happening.

Also, can't see North being overly interested in trading up anyway. They've got more pressing needs they can address with their current picks.

Melbourne makes the most sense, because they're in a flag window and can trade out of 1 draft for a gun junior, hence their reported interest. Not sure they'll be prepared to offer up what WCE would want though and realistically, they'd need GC's pick to even entertain a trade to begin with.

Maric has never booted more than 2 goals in a match. Liam Ryan is almost 27, Cripps is 31.

Noah Long kicked 7 goals in 14 games.

Maric's played half a season, Long 1.

He has Williams at FF, not CHF. Played forward as a junior, so it's not like it's a new position for him.

We won a flag with Ashley Hansen and Quentin Lynch holding down the key positions.

Melbourne won a flag with a mostly cooked Ben Brown at FF.

We are banking it on an AA forward in Petracca, or Fritsch who booted 6 goals in 2021 GF, or one of the best small forwards in the game Pickett.

Not a rag tag crew of Noah Long (7 goals in 14 matches), a part time ruckman, and a bunch of blokes who will be in there 30s or retired.
Kade Chandlers 0.7 goals per game ahead of Noah Longs 0.5 is a key difference

A part time ruck/forward is something you paid 700k a year for, just without the forward part so it’s a important role

Petracca is Harley Reid

Fritsch is not better then Oscar Allen

Seems like we are sorted all round

Kade Chandlers 0.7 goals per game ahead of Noah Longs 0.5 is a key difference

A part time ruck/forward is something you paid 700k a year for, just without the forward part so it’s a important role

Petracca is Harley Reid

Fritsch is not better then Oscar Allen

Seems like we are sorted all round

Yep and we are winning/scoring more without our ruck/forward in the team so not sure the point on that one.

Fritsch bats above Allen in average goals per game.

Dees won flag from our defence so fair enough if you are bringing in 2 AA defenders or plan on setting up a 6xAA ruckman down the line to support but doesn’t sound like you are.

Should focus more on winning and less on vic media
Gee you win 1 premiership in the AFL era after being shit forever and you are up on your high horse telling people about winning ?

Like what us big footy plebs focus on helps either way

BTW we will just take Reid thanks and be done with it . The rest will sort it self out. We have a club that has achieved success multiple times through different decades so ill back us in

Viney averages more contested possessions. I’d say it’s a pretty close contest. I hardly think Vineys winning 10 times out of 10 if that’s what your thinking.
No. Viney averages 12.1. Parish averages 14.0. One guy is maniacal at his attack on the ball and man. Parish is not that man. In fact, Parish is quite the opposite. He's soft. This is why stats lie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whose the bloke saying Ryan Maric stats are the same as JvR

Maric - 0.9 Goals Ave / 2.8 Mark Ave

JvR - 1.47 Goals Ave / 3.16 Mark Ave

Oscar Allen is 1.45 goals and 4.18 marks for comparison, so those saying JvR wouldn’t get a run in WC forward line are kidding themselves.

Whose the bloke saying Ryan Maric stats are the same as JvR

Maric - 0.9 Goals Ave / 2.8 Mark Ave

JvR - 1.47 Goals Ave / 3.16 Mark Ave
To be fair JvR is also 18 months older and has had an actual pre season or 2 to help him out.

To be fair JvR is also 18 months older and has had an actual pre season or 2 to help him out.

JvR is outscoring Oscar Allen who’s had several years more in the system.

I also doubt Maric has been playing on #1 defender like JvR has been.

JVR looks promising but let's not get silly about comparing him with OA.

Allen missed a year of footy and when he played the year before he played also in the ruck and at fullback.

Also was full forward in one of the worst teams in history.
So when it got down there, which wasn't often, the delivery was a often quite poor.

Put him into Melbourne this year and he probably kicks 70.

JvR on trade market would probably demand similar compensation that Hogan did when he went to freo (P6+P23)

So a trade offer of P4, P5 and JvR for P1 would be ridiculous overs. (P4, P5, P6 and P23 equiv)

There are lots of variables. Maric also plays on the worst team I can remember in at least a decade. Since your team actually.

Wish I had either of them to pair with Lewis honestly...

You're not seriously comparing JVR to Allen are you?

Allen just kicked 53 goals for the season in one of worst sides in the modern era. Even spent stints in defence.

How many goals has JVR kicked in a team full of stars?

Mind boggling.

You're not seriously comparing JVR to Allen are you?

Allen just kicked 53 goals for the season in one of worst sides in the modern era. Even spent stints in defence.

How many goals has JVR kicked in a team full of stars?

Mind boggling.

Was comparing to show his value. Wasn’t saying he is better, just putting stats side by side so it was more evident of his capability so early into his career.

Was comparing to show his value. Wasn’t saying he is better, just putting stats side by side so it was more evident of his capability so early into his career.
Jvr looks very promising but I don't think he will be part of any trade negotiations. Too valuable for Melbourne and not something we are in desperate need of.

Anyone floating his name around is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back