Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
or one of the best small forwards in the game Pickett.

Not a rag tag crew of Noah Long (7 goals in 14 matches)
Agree Pickett is one of the best small forwards in the game. But you seem to be implying that Long isn't very good.

Might want to check how many goals Pickett kicked in his first 14 games.
(I'll give you a clue, it's the same as Long).

Yep and we are winning/scoring more without our ruck/forward in the team so not sure the point on that one.

Fritsch bats above Allen in average goals per game.

Dees won flag from our defence so fair enough if you are bringing in 2 AA defenders or plan on setting up a 6xAA ruckman down the line to support but doesn’t sound like you are.

I love Fritsch's contribution to the club but if the opportunity presented itself I would trade Fritsch for Allen tomorrow. With more development i like to think JVR will get there but there are very few key forwards of Allens quality going around atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Viney averages 12.1. Parish averages 14.0. One guy is maniacal at his attack on the ball and man. Parish is not that man. In fact, Parish is quite the opposite. He's soft. This is why stats lie.

Contested possession statistics don't lie. You'd only claim they do if they don't prove a point you're trying to make.

I'm glad you back your man but at some stage you've just got to admit you're wrong.

Contested possession statistics don't lie. You'd only claim they do if they don't prove a point you're trying to make.

I'm glad you back your man but at some stage you've just got to admit you're wrong.
I agree that the stats are the raw numbers yes and they don't lie from that sense. but stats are overused when assessing players. If the AA team was based on raw numbers then Sam Switkowski would've been in the team which would never happen.

Last edited:
Yep and we are winning/scoring more without our ruck/forward in the team so not sure the point on that one.

Fritsch bats above Allen in average goals per game.

Dees won flag from our defence so fair enough if you are bringing in 2 AA defenders or plan on setting up a 6xAA ruckman down the line to support but doesn’t sound like you are.
The ironic and hilarious thing about this is Maric is actually the exact same style of player that Fritsch is and according to your lot, Maric isnt stable enough to build a forward line around because he lacks presence....

I agree that the stats are the raw numbers yes and they don't like from that sense. but stats are overused when assessing players. If the AA team was based on raw numbers then Sam Switkowski would've been in the team which would never happen.
What?? He is a forward who kicked 16 goals. He doesn't get anywhere near the AA.

Could Dees get another first rounder for Grundy this year, if they pickup his full salary in 2024. (Eg Swans pick 12)

You honestly think WCE recruitment decisions are made based on the aunt and uncle of draftees?
I kinda wish recruitment actually did take family more into account. Cyril begged Hawthorn for years to draft Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back