Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't split at all because the draft is a joke. We have GC Academy's and Sanders and a draftee like Watson who's predicted at pick 5&6 who is a major flight risk and won't be going to the Eagles. Why would Eagles move back when we have disrespectful draftees like Watson who will refuse to move. We won't even interview him after his comments on this podcast below. Doesn't deserve to play AFL. Hate him already with his lack of respect.

Listen to this at the 27 minute mark
Draftee Watson thoughts about going to the Eagles. Also makes no sense with his comment as Eagles packed stadiums even this year where we finished last we had 50-60k crowds. Don't think these two numb skulls know what there talking about. Sound like they are high on something or just really dumb.

This is our delemia now at the draft.
AFL need to fix the draft it's become such a farce. At least Reid is fine going to the Eagles and been enquiring about living arrangements. It's pretty much now a case of rubber stamping it. No splitting from our part.

Pick 5 does nothing at all for us.

If we did get 5 Id trade that to the Dogs for 10 and 17.

Go to the draft with 4, 10, 17 , 19 and 35.

38 and later picks used on trades.

At least there are players around those picks we'd be interested in and arent mummies boys.

If we did get 5 Id trade that to the Dogs of 10 and 17.

At least there are players around those picks we'd be interested in and arent mummies boys.
Absolutely worth considering, although those picks blow out to 15 and 22 after 3xGC bids, McKay compo then Croft/McCabe and Sanders bid. Might be a couple of good KPP available with those picks but I’d rather target Busslinger next year after 2 years of development.

Other realistic possibility is that the order goes:
Reid
Walter
Curtin
Watson
Duursma
6. McKercher.

If that’s the case I’d be happy to part with F1, get Dev over and midfield rebuild both depth and elite is done.

Ginbey, Hewett, Reid, McKercher, Robertson

Interesting... People should listen to this from the 6 minutes and 50 seconds onwards....

Demons doing a massive plan to get pick 1.

1st move....

trade Grundy , pick 24 and 34 to the swans for pick 11, 30 and 41.
that leaves the demons with 5, 11, 15, 30, 41 and 89.

2nd trade, trade 15, 30 and 41 to Gold coast for their pick 4.

Then trade picks 4 and 5 to the eagles for pick 1.

I think 15 would likely get replaced by F1, and if it were me, would try to move up 4 to one of North's picks (if they get 2 and 3) with the inclusion of 15 (or at a stretch, 11).

If theyre the larger pieces would expect some later picks back.

It would be a big price to pay - but Melbourne would get their man (and pick 15), West Coast would have 2 and 6, North 3, 5 and 11 and GC an F1 (likely late) and points to make up for trading 5.

Even if WC don't budge - it's a good play for Melbourne and NM.

But I can't see Sydney using 11 as part of the Grundy deal...

This assumes North get pick 3 for McKay. Yes I still want Reid over this trade because we can just get our trade targets with later picks, just spitballing ideas.

West Coast in: 4, 11, 18, 70, Tyler Brockman, Denver Grainger Barras, Jordan Sweet

West Coast out: 1, 55, 58

Hawthorn in: 1, 55, 58, 66

Hawthorn out: 4, 30, F1, Brockman, DGB

Gold Coast in: F1, 30

Gold Coast out: 5, 66, 70

Western Bulldogs in: 5

Western Bulldogs out: 11, 18, Jordan Sweet

Brisbane in: Pick 39

Brisbane out: Deven Robertson

West Coast turns our draft hand of 1, 20, 36, 39, 55 and 58 into:

Pick 4 - Zane Duursma

Pick 11 - Ollie Murphy

Pick 18 - Koltyn Tholstrup

Pick 20 - Riley Hardeman

Pick 36 - Taylor Goad

Pick 70 - Lance Collard(bid matched)

and Tyler Brockman, Denver Grainger Barras, Jordan Sweet and Deven Robertson

This assumes North get pick 3 for McKay. Yes I still want Reid over this trade because we can just get our trade targets with later picks, just spitballing ideas.

West Coast in: 4, 11, 18, 70, Tyler Brockman, Denver Grainger Barras, Jordan Sweet

Pick 4 - Zane Duursma

Pick 11 - Ollie Murphy

Pick 20 - Riley Hardeman

Pick 36 - Taylor Goad

DGB is not going.

Way overs for us. Would much rather Hawthorn target Gold Coast's pick with our future 1st and settle with the chance of a Duursma/Watson/McKercher/Curtin combo.

I seriously can't fathom why the Eagles just wouldn't pick the best kid in the land. The draft looks to have a significant dip in known quality outside of the first 8 picks or so, and a significant dip in quality after the 1st pick (Walter excepted).

Get yourself the best kid in the land rather than some more magic beans.

Pick 4 - Zane Duursma

Pick 11 - Ollie Murphy

Pick 20 - Riley Hardeman

Pick 36 - Taylor Goad

steve-harvey-no.gif

DGB is not going.

Way overs for us. Would much rather Hawthorn target Gold Coast's pick with our future 1st and settle with the chance of a Duursma/Watson/McKercher/Curtin combo.
One part of the trade is Hawthorn trading F1 and 30 for Gold Coasts first and if you prefer to keep it then so be it. It isn't massive overs though. If on the off chance that Hawthorn are hell bent on trading for Reid West Coast would ask for DGB to be thrown in.

One part of the trade is Hawthorn trading F1 and 30 for Gold Coasts first and if you prefer to keep it then so be it. It isn't massive overs though. If on the off chance that Hawthorn are hell bent on trading for Reid West Coast would ask for DGB to be thrown in.

2 premium draft picks, a 2nd rounder and a former top 10 (KPP) pick is massive overs for mine for pick 1. I'd be much happier with two of the elite 6-7 this year + keeping our slowburn KPP in DGB rather than throwing it all in on Reid.

The fact is Reid isn't worth what West Coast want teams to pay, and Reid isn't worth giving up for what teams would be offering the Eagles.

Just pick him.

Absolutely worth considering, although those picks blow out to 15 and 22 after 3xGC bids, McKay compo then Croft/McCabe and Sanders bid. Might be a couple of good KPP available with those picks but I’d rather target Busslinger next year after 2 years of development.

Other realistic possibility is that the order goes:
Reid
Walter
Curtin
Watson
Duursma
6. McKercher.

If that’s the case I’d be happy to part with F1, get Dev over and midfield rebuild both depth and elite is done.

Ginbey, Hewett, Reid, McKercher, Robertson

It's who would be available at those picks that matters.

If we wanted to be WA centric Edwards, Tholstrop and Hardeman are ranked around 13 to 20.

Wilson from Vic Country 13ish.

Some nice options around there who fit needs and no go home factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ralph finally started moving into the acceptance stage?

"Possible Eagles career" 🤣

How many times can someone go through the five stages of grief? It's a long way out from draft night.

2 premium draft picks, a 2nd rounder and a former top 10 (KPP) pick is massive overs for mine for pick 1. I'd be much happier with two of the elite 6-7 this year + keeping our slowburn KPP in DGB rather than throwing it all in on Reid.

The fact is Reid isn't worth what West Coast want teams to pay, and Reid isn't worth giving up for what teams would be offering the Eagles.

Just pick him.
I'd go on to say about 70% of Eagles supporters just want us to pick Reid.

There's 30% that want us to trade it.
Hopefully our recruiters are in the 70% mindset and have some common sense just to keep him.

I don't understand how media people can call out how draftees shouldn't go to the club they are drafted to? That is the purpose of the draft....to make worse teams better, yet it seems depending on where the club is located in the country, different rules should apply. It just makes no sense. What are the media thinking?

Pick 4 - Zane Duursma

Pick 11 - Ollie Murphy

Pick 20 - Riley Hardeman

Pick 36 - Taylor Goad

Why would Hawthorn or Dogs entertain this? Especially the Dogs

Why would Hawthorn or Dogs entertain this? Especially the Dogs
You don't want to trade up into a top 5 pick and get ahead of a bid on Crofty? This trade is a no brainer for the Dogs, I'm really surprised that you would think otherwise.

You don't want to trade up into a top 5 pick and get ahead of a bid on Crofty? This trade is a no brainer for the Dogs, I'm really surprised that you would think otherwise.
Do you really think Croft gets a bid before 10? Even 17 is questionable, but worst case we’d be better off trading that into next year instead of doing such a lopsided trade, especially when it involves losing a great backup ruck

BASED ON ASSUMPTION NORTH GET MACKAY CONCESSION PICK 3.

North trade 2,3
GC trade 5, 2024 F1
WC trade 1

North receive 1, GC 2024 F1
GC receive 2
WC receive 3,5

Draft night

1 Reid (NM), 2 Not Curtin (GC), 3 Curtin (WC), 4 Walter (GC - Match Haw bid), 5 ... (HAW), 6 ... (WC)

North have a Rd 1 pick banked for 2024.

I can't see how anybody loses here.

Last edited:
BASED ON ASSUMPTION NORTH GET MACKAY.

North trade 2,3
GC trade 5, 2024 F1
WC trade 1

North receive 1, GC 2024 F1
GC receive 2
WC receive 3,5

Draft night

1 Reid (NM), 2 Not Curtin (GC), 3 Curtin (WC), 4 Walter (GC - Match Haw bid), 5 ... (HAW), 6 ... (WC)

North have a Rd 1 pick banked for 2024.

I can't see how nobody loses here.
Throw Up Game Of Thrones GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back