Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

A name that hasn't yet been mentioned in this thread is Jack Fitzpatrick (cue Splendini to critisize....:rolleyes: :D )

Stands at 202cm, can play up forward and in the ruck. Also looks pretty look at ground level also. Has a unique kicking action, but is able to kick the ball pretty straight. Might be a bit of a reach for him, but he can certainly play. Reminds me very much of Corey McKernan.

A name that hasn't yet

been mentioned in this thread is Jack Fitzpatrick (cue Splendini to critisize....:rolleyes: :D )

Stands at 202cm, can play up forward and in the ruck. Also looks pretty look at ground level also. Has a unique kicking action, but is able to kick the ball pretty straight. Might be a bit of a reach for him, but he can certainly play. Reminds me very much of Corey McKernan.

The+one+swallow+that+doesn%27t+make+a+summer.jpg

;)

A name that hasn't yet been mentioned in this thread is Jack Fitzpatrick (cue Splendini to critisize....:rolleyes: :D )

Also a massive squib ... according to my former High School footy coach lol

You think if one of Carlisle, Talia, Butcher or Black were available Carlton would snare them. They are all fairly talented and unless someone like Tapscott falls then one of these guys would be first. I speculate Melbourne will take mids with first two picks, and all sides since untill Port and then pick 11 for Melbourne. Therefore one of them must be available.

You think if one of Carlisle, Talia, Butcher or Black were available Carlton would snare them. They are all fairly talented and unless someone like Tapscott falls then one of these guys would be first. I speculate Melbourne will take mids with first two picks, and all sides since untill Port and then pick 11 for Melbourne. Therefore one of them must be available.

I tend to agree with you there B&S, when you consider guys like Scully, Trengove, Martin, Morabito, Rohan, Lucas and perhaps Tapscott will all be gone by the time our selection comes around at #12. Unless someone does really slide that none of us are considering (say Jetta for instance), I really think we'll take a tall at #12. Not because we need a tall, because they will probably be the best available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to agree with you there B&S, when you consider guys like Scully, Trengove, Martin, Morabito, Rohan, Lucas and perhaps Tapscott will all be gone by the time our selection comes around at #12. Unless someone does really slide that none of us are considering (say Jetta for instance), I really think we'll take a tall at #12. Not because we need a tall, because they will probably be the best available.

What if Cunnington slips to pick 12 would we take him ahead of the KPP mentioned?

Are there any other small forward in this draft other then tapscott who would be worth going for with pick 12 who can mark in the mould of Porp, Medhurst.

I feel we have either tall marking options (Kreuzer, Henderson) or small forwards who arent tall enough to mark (Garlett, Betts) but not enough complete, two pronged forwards (Yarran, maybe Waite can rove and mark).

Are there any other small forward in this draft other then tapscott who would be worth going for with pick 12 who can mark in the mould of Porp, Medhurst.

I feel we have either tall marking options (Kreuzer, Henderson) or small forwards who arent tall enough to mark (Garlett, Betts) but not enough complete, two pronged forwards (Yarran, maybe Waite can rove and mark).

Yarran is quite good overhead. Will play quite tall for his height in a few years. Gartlett is also not to bad overhead even though he is very lean. I think Gibbs will also get a go up forward and play as a go to marking player with the right match up. Played a bit their as a junior and times his leads well and converts efficiently.

What if Cunnington slips to pick 12 would we take him ahead of the KPP mentioned?

Definitly would be take as he is at the top end of the draft talent. If North Melbourne don't take him i would honestly be shocked, and Sydney would definitly spring. He has good skills and makes a contest out of everything.

Not sure its that cut and dry. Some pretty varied opinion after the first handful of players and some surprises will occur. Bigfooty seems to converge into a groupthink mentality and that just does not occur in real life with different clubs with different needs and varied ratings of players and adding in the interstate element as well.

I'd be pretty happy if we took Brad Sheppard. I'd prefer him than a project player. Any time now I'm going to start spamming BF about him. I never seem to get my first round preferences. Cotchin? X. Ziebell? X. I even wanted Selwood a YEAR before the draft but he had to go and stuff his knee for a year. It simply HAS to be my turn.

I'd be pretty happy if we took Brad Sheppard. I'd prefer him than a project player. Any time now I'm going to start spamming BF about him. I never seem to get my first round preferences. Cotchin? X. Ziebell? X. I even wanted Selwood a YEAR before the draft but he had to go and stuff his knee for a year. It simply HAS to be my turn.

Where would you play and develop him if Carlton drafted him?

Half Back Flank. Working through to midfield after a few years.

Looks pretty versatile and has played all over. Good size and has leg speed. A Fairly low risk option who looks like he will make the grade. Pretty rapid improver this year.

Not sure you are allowed to suggest someone slightly different though. You will be thrown off BigFooty for doing that.

Looks pretty versatile and has played all over. Good size and has leg speed. A Fairly low risk option who looks like he will make the grade. Pretty rapid improver this year.

Not sure you are allowed to suggest someone slightly different though. You will be thrown off BigFooty for doing that.

I'd be a little surprised if he makes it to our pick actually. So that's another reason to get turfed out.

I still think Ziebell in time will be one of the better few of last year's draft - clubs (and fans) sometimes look past the 'good' and aspire to find the 'great'. Look for the 'freak' instead of looking for the player who does the common uncommonly well. Seems to me Shep is that sort of player. Does the common uncommonly well. I figure Bernie Vince (I don't remember him) would have played like Shep does when he was a junior. You just don't notice him unless you look closely. He seems to mark well for his height. Doesn't fumble. Attacks the game and the ball. Uses it well. Has leg speed and modern midfield size (186ish?). We'll see.

I'd be a little surprised if he makes it to our pick actually. So that's another reason to get turfed out.

I still think Ziebell in time will be one of the better few of last year's draft - clubs (and fans) sometimes look past the 'good' and aspire to find the 'great'. Look for the 'freak' instead of looking for the player who does the common uncommonly well. Seems to me Shep is that sort of player. Does the common uncommonly well. I figure Bernie Vince (I don't remember him) would have played like Shep does when he was a junior. You just don't notice him unless you look closely. He seems to mark well for his height. Doesn't fumble. Attacks the game and the ball. Uses it well. Has leg speed and modern midfield size (186ish?). We'll see.

Good post Windows. Some surprises in the draft I think this year and after the first handful all bets will be off. Very glad pick 12 was snagged in the Fev deal and Henderson has balanced out the list a bit so that nobody has to be reached for at that pick and someone suitable drops a few places for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back