Player Watch Pick #16 (2016) - Todd Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

You can not sign away your rights to a safe work environment.
Depends on what is considered a safe environment for the role you are doing.

An office worker doesn’t sign up for a truck driving level of risk, but a truck driver does.

They're the most safety regulated industry in existence.
People still die being squashed by trucks
Or injured dropping heavy machine on their bodies. So injuries and fatalities happen. People still do it and don’t sue.

They don’t sue because they would be covered under the workplaces workcover agreement , if they weren’t then they would sue.
Okay wouldn’t that apply here also?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised we haven't shopped around Marshall.
You've wanted him retired as a matter of urgency, and think the club is being negligent by simply keeping him on the list but then are surprised we haven't shopped around his 5 year deal. Who the hell is taking that on? And perhaps we are going to support him in getting better as a priority for 2025. Are you actually worried about his welfare or just want him to be some other clubs issue?

We shouldn't have re-signed him and got the compo pick instead.

Yep, and given the money Hawthorn were offering him prior to signing at Port, it would have been band 1 compo.

You've wanted him retired as a matter of urgency, and think the club is being negligent by simply keeping him on the list but then are surprised we haven't shopped around his 5 year deal. Who the hell is taking that on? And perhaps we are going to support him in getting better as a priority for 2025. Are you actually worried about his welfare or just want him to be some other clubs issue?
I'm worried about his welfare and our salary cap getting destroyed for 5 years.

If I was the guy responsible for this area, I would be calling AFL House to try and sort something out.

I think it is the worst contract as he won't play or play poorly like last year, its till 2029 and probably on good money.

I'm assuming its a Chris Davies special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #16 (2016) - Todd Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back