Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

Devastated for Peps. Has done so much work to get to this point and be a leader of the footy club. There was a point where his career could've gone two ways, its a credit to him that he put his head down and did the hard yards.

Hoping for a good recovery and to see him back to his best.

excuse the intrusion, just want to pass on my sympathy. Hes such a great player to watch, I was thinking last week, "we got to stop this dude!" and if there is a player from an opposition team id love he'd be top 5, there is something about him, i just love his endeavour. hope he gets well soon, cheers, jo xx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing to see, I used to worry in his early days that he might one day want to go home to WA at some point, but now you couldn’t imagine him playing for any other side, he’s Port to the core.
You could absolutely make the case that he’s one of the most exciting players to watch in the AFL, and that used to be because of his tendency to dish out an all time great don’t argue. Now he’s managed to reinvent himself as a very handy forward with a ridiculous goal sense.
You get the sense that the club did a lot right in terms of him, pairing him with a loyal legend of the club in Boak was great and the club stuck by him during some semi-major incidents off field and he’s matured as a person and a leader enough to be part of the LG.
Hope to see him back out there soon, an absolute joy to watch and I’m glad it’ll be at Port where we get to watch him in awe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back