Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

I could see Houston getting three weeks, Evans or DBJ injured in a Prelim win and Houston and Sammy back in for the Grand Final.

And before we scoff at this, the SANFL play their last game this week, SPP will have played as much footy at Jed, Tommy A and Lachie would have played in the past month.

*Then I woke up and realised it’s was Jameson not milk I poured into my Coffee…

I could see Houston getting three weeks, Evans or DBJ injured in a Prelim win and Houston and Sammy back in for the Grand Final.

And before we scoff at this, the SANFL play their last game this week, SPP will have played as much footy at Jed, Tommy A and Lachie would have played in the past month.

*Then I woke up and realised it’s was Jameson not milk I poured into my Coffee…
Even if he was fit, I'm not sure SPP would be allowed to play after we took Evans in the MSD.

SPP looked to be carrying some extra kgs when he started running. I doubt he’s in the best physical condition. But I love the dream

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love him, love his journey, and I love his attitude but I'm not sure what his role is anymore.
Medium forward who can pinch hit on ball when needed. He's best 22 lock when he's available.

Straight-lines every groundball i50, competes well 1 on 1 in the air, hits the scoreboard regularly (accuracy obviously an issue), and can provide contested presence in the midfield if a Wines or Drew go down.

Medium forward who can pinch hit on ball when needed. He's best 22 lock when he's available.

Straight-lines every groundball i50, competes well 1 on 1 in the air, hits the scoreboard regularly (accuracy obviously an issue), and can provide contested presence in the midfield if a Wines or Drew go down.
To me, that's JHFs role now

This will most likely ensure he finishes his career as a 200+ gamer who has spent time in the leadership group, though ust 3 years ago was very much on the outer and could have easily left for more opportunities. For a player of his somewhat troubled background to rise above the adversity he faced and produce such a career is a brilliant achievement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back