Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

The good:
  • He looks quick
  • He might've slipped under the radar due to his injuries.

The bad:
  • He's a 191cm key forward, that should've made him an instant no. It's the #1 criteria when assessing key forwards, small key forwards dont work in the AFL.
  • He's not going to improve our 2020 best 22, and will almost certainly spend all year in the reserves.
  • He is basically our 2020 1st round pick. We've given up what'll likely be a pick 10-12 next year for this kid who probably would've been available at our pick #29.
  • Even the clubs announcement looks rushed, and he wasn't even at the draft. All indications are that we missed out on who we actually wanted and reached for Mitchell.

It's all academic now, he's here and I hope he becomes a superstar, the list management teams ineptitude is not his fault, so good luck Mitchell, I hope you have a great pre-season and have a good season with the Magpies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting selection. Already reminds me of Mason Shaw/Mitch Harvey but of course, I welcome him to the PAFC and wish all the best for him.
One major difference- he can run. Harvey, in particular, had the heart lung capacity of a goldfish with emphysema.

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “A raw tall forward with excellent athletic traits, Georgiades is a smart footballer who knows how to impose himself on games.”

THE son of former Subiaco and Footscray forward John Georgiades, Mitch missed all of the 2019 season due to injury, but his performances as a bottom-ager saw him earn an invitation to the National Draft Combine. At his best, Georgiades is a marking tall forward with an excellent set shot routine. Despite not playing a game in 2019 due to a severely corked quad, Georgiades remains one of the better prospects coming out of Western Australia, after a sensational year as a bottom-ager.

Welcome Mitch.

Longer term pick who could become that lead up forward we desperately need. Height wise he is in the Membray, Lynch, category and two cm shorter than Walker.

He is quick and agile. His underage year was solid, against the draft quality of 2018. Young for his draft and has broad potential.

Sure it’s a risk, what player at this point, in this draft isn’t? And to suggest we could get him later is complete BS.

I don’t mind it the pick.

Good luck Mitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back