Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

From AFL Draft Central's Draft Guide book from 4 weeks ago. He has no 2019 stats so that's why I didn't show his stats.

Blue = Elite, Green = Above Average, Yellow = Average, Red = Below Average.

1574850329479.png

the reason why so many sons of footballers become good footballers is because they have a at home coach who knows exactly how they tick

Actually really like the sound of him. Regardless of what we paid for him, sounds like he would have put together a very solid year if not for that groin injury and then we likely wouldn’t be complaining.

Good mark and kick, with speed to go with it.

If he is closer to the 87kg and 192cm+ As mentioned, I could see him having a decent impact in the seniors early on. Similar to Sydney’s Mccartin who I would love at port.

Happy with this, especially after Twomeys predictions were all coming true. He clearly had word we were looking at reaching for a tall forward and just expected Jones not Giorgiades.

High ceiling key forward and same strategy as recently about rating underage years very highly.

Are these times from a standing start or with a running start?

If that’s a running start, that is slow as fu**...
Standing start. All combine sprinting stats are standing starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need our WA posters help for some further insights on Mitchell. Grave Danger TheFVK, TeeKray Power Raid Ishikawa and any others over there I have forgotten about.

I barely follow the WAFL, let alone the under-agers. This article talks about his injury, but not much about his footy prowess - the links are to West Australian articles behind a paywall that I can't breach. Tonight on 6PR they spoke well of Mitch and the Adam Jones mentioned in the article told them that Mitch could well be the steal of the draft. But he's bound to say something like that ;)

I’m going to get my 14yo son to do a 20m run just out of interest...
If you look at the graphs I put in the OP of my SpeedEndurance thread, Bolt got to the 20m mark in Berlin 2009 world champs in 2.88 seconds when he ran 9.58 for the 100m. There are lots of world record run 10 m splits in the OP.

He is 192cm and 87kg. The stats in the OP are from the start of the year.

Reminds me of what craig coombes our old list manager would say, get a draft kids height and minus it by 100 thats that about the perfect weight for them.

87kg looks significantly better than 78kg for a 191/192cm guy

He is going to have a cult following. So happy we got him.

In the Port Board draft I was going to take him at 29 but he went at 28. He is highly rated but missing his draft year kept him hidden.

Schofield definitely gave us some inside info on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back