Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

I always find it funny when you regress to personal abuse instead of coming up with anything resembling an argument supported by facts or reason.

It shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I've presented clear data that shows Georgiades performances have been strong with Dixon in the side. You've shown nothing except weak personal insults.
You've presented 3 examples of another key forward having a good game alongside Dixon. 3. He's played 152 games for us.

You've presented 3 examples of another key forward having a good game alongside Dixon. 3. He's played 152 games for us.
Well they are very recent examples which make them more relevant.

And the evidence that suggests historically our forwards play better without Dixon is essentially non existent.

And Ratugolea essentially has played the Dixon role when he hasn't played anyway.

Butttttt on second thought, I totally agree with you. Dixons dark juju energies interfere with Todd Marshall's chakra spirituality.

Georgiades has kicked heaps of goals with Dixon in the forward line (and no Marshall).

3 against Carlton, 4 against Swans, 3 against Richmond.

Your ramblings and rants about this issue are actually insane.

You clearly haven't read any of my ramblings on this issue, because if you had you'd know that my issue isn't Dixon, I called for him to be selected ahead of Ratugolea. I'd even prefer to keep him on list next year. My issue is playing Ratugolea and Dixon in the same forwardline where we become so stagnant that there is no space being generated for Georgiades to lead into.

It worked against Carlton as a surprise position switch, and it worked against Sydney in a complete demolition, but it hasn't worked since.

We're stuck now, so we'll basically have to hope it works out. We'll need Esava to get some separation and take some marks on the lead. He's athletic enough, he's just not really a natural mark on the lead sort of player.

Well they are very recent examples which make them more relevant.

And the evidence that suggests historically our forwards play better without Dixon is essentially non existent.

And Ratugolea essentially has played the Dixon role when he hasn't played anyway.

Butttttt on second thought, I totally agree with you. Dixons dark juju energies interfere with Todd Marshall's chakra spirituality.

What thread do you think you're in?

Players who mark on the lead require space to lead into. Space in the forward line requires movement to drag defenders out of their positions. Georgiades is going to kick a lot of goals however we play, but he'll kick more if we structure the forward line around his strengths, and that means his fellow forwards have to move, they have to be dynamic. You can't have 2 Dixons unless you have the most elite small forward line in the game and are banking on sharking a lot of packs.

What thread do you think you're in?

Players who mark on the lead require space to lead into. Space in the forward line requires movement to drag defenders out of their positions. Georgiades is going to kick a lot of goals however we play, but he'll kick more if we structure the forward line around his strengths, and that means his fellow forwards have to move, they have to be dynamic. You can't have 2 Dixons unless you have the most elite small forward line in the game and are banking on sharking a lot of packs.
That's why I think Lukosius would be good with Georgiades.

You clearly haven't read any of my ramblings on this issue, because if you had you'd know that my issue isn't Dixon, I called for him to be selected ahead of Ratugolea. I'd even prefer to keep him on list next year. My issue is playing Ratugolea and Dixon in the same forwardline where we become so stagnant that there is no space being generated for Georgiades to lead into.

It worked against Carlton as a surprise position switch, and it worked against Sydney in a complete demolition, but it hasn't worked since.

We're stuck now, so we'll basically have to hope it works out. We'll need Esava to get some separation and take some marks on the lead. He's athletic enough, he's just not really a natural mark on the lead sort of player.

We don't have a choice now anyway. Marshall is who you wanted and it's clear he's no longer fit to play contact sport.

In his time as a forward this season Rat averages the same number of MOLs as Todd this season (1.2 per game). Rat is fine as a leading mark. Our gameplan doesn't encourage him to play as leading forward. The coaches etc want him to play as Dixon mk2. He is not encouraged to lead and when he does those leads are generally not honored.

Agreed that encouraging Rat and Dixon to play as contested forwards leads to a stagnate forward line leaving Mitch and Willie as essentially our only leading forwards.

God help us if we get past the prelim and Hinkley is retained as coach it will be another year of the same shocking gameplan. We may gain Luko, Richards and might play Finlayson as other leading/opportunistic forwards. But Mitch is likely to be our only leading tall next season. Ave 1.6 MOLs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back