KangaBriff

Debutant
Oct 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Would North sacrifice pick 42 (Father & Son Selection) in the National Draft for Myles Krakouer? Nothing has been reported yet.
Myles had a strong finish to the year playing with the Oakleigh Chargers and also played for Vic Metro in the Under 18 Championships.

Is he going to the draft camp, that would give us a bit more insight into his physical capabilities, although l am sure Nifty nev has already formed an opinion on the kid.

Wrath

He hardly got a touch during the carnival, but I wouldn't read too much into that. As they are all kids, everyone matures at different stage of their development. It's up to Stibbard to determine who has more upside and application to make it.

I suppose with the draft not being crash hot this year pick 42 could be a possibility for Myles.

Myles Krakouer failed to make the TAC Cup team of the year but it will be a shame if North overlooked another Krakouer.

Definately. Seen a bit of him and he has several key points going for him.

- In close he is good, and aggressive;
- He is good athletically, quick;
- He has a solid defensive game;

Add to this the usual fun stuff that an aboriginal footballer brings and the package is pretty good.

Will need to develop physically and has a knack, similar to Wells, of not always demanding the ball but enough raw talent to work with.

Shinboners said:
Shane *cough* Tuck.

Gary *cough* Ablett
Gary* cough* Ablett Jnr
Nathan *cough* Ablett
Kevin *cough* Ablett
Luke *cough* Ablett

Sheesh...If they had managed things better, they could have had a talented version of the Clokes or Shaws under the F/S rule.

So much for the family club theory :D

Shinboners said:
Shane *cough* Tuck.
I woulda delisted a player that had OP, a heart problem and wanted to go play bush footy too.

Lance *cough* Picioane. ;)

Incidently, I wonder where Scotty Krakouer is now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KangaBriff said:
Neville Stibbard may wait until after the trade period or the Draft Camp before making a decision.
I agree. If Motlop and/or Sansbury leave then we would be more likely to draft Krakouer IMO. I can see Myles peforming well at the Draft Camp, athletically he is very strong.

year of the roo said:
I agree. If Motlop and/or Sansbury leave then we would be more likely to draft Krakouer IMO. I can see Myles peforming well at the Draft Camp, athletically he is very strong.
Footballers > Athletes.

How does that work - who invites?

I seem to recall someone who didn't attend in the last couple of seasons being picked up high in the draft. It may be a tactic not to go. I'm not sure who makes the choice.

Pick 42 is a pick that you gamble - Myles is probably worth the risk, or do we think we may still get him for a later pick?

All comes back to does the club want him - its that simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 42 for Myles Krakouer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back