Pickett's Tackle on Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
I'm one for hardness etc but thought this was just dirty. Threw him head first to the ground after the ball had been disposed off. Knew he had Cornes wrapped up and that he would be unable to break the fall. Had a chance to take someone out rather than chase for the ball and surprise, what choice did he make. Just like a spear tackle in league. I don't know of many other players in the league who would have done that. Rub the dirty sniping bastard out.

I'm one for hardness etc but thought this was just dirty. Threw him head first to the ground after the ball had been disposed off. Knew he had Cornes wrapped up and that he would be unable to break the fall. Had a chance to take someone out rather than chase for the ball and surprise, what choice did he make. Just like a spear tackle in league. I don't know of many other players in the league who would have done that. Rub the dirty sniping bastard out.

You idiot. It was a good tackle. Unlucky Kane got KO'ed :rolleyes:

if it was anyone else in the league, no one would be talking about it and this forum wouldnt be set up. Fair tackle, unlucky kane cornes got injured, just the luck of the draw. Same thing happened to cameron bruce when he broke his collabone against a brent gueraa tackle

Throw him to the ground like 99% of the competition would have.

Dirty snipping bastard has been during it for years.

Have a goddamn cry.

For the love of god, he made a perfectly legitimate tackle and unfortunately for Cornes he got hurt.

If any other player in the competition laid the same tackle, we wouldn't be discussing it.
Get over Bryon and his apparent 'dirty' tactics. He is a fair player and it was a fair tackle.

If he gets suspended for it, the AFL has reached a new low point.

If anything from today's game was dirty, it was the ****ing umpires' vision impairment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the AFL wants to ban such a thing (and such a poor decision that would be) then that's one thing but as it stands there was nothing wrong with that tackle. If it had of been laid by a lighter player Cornes would have been fine. Pickett can't be penalised for being so big. Some of you really need to actually consider the matter at hand before having such outbursts. It doesn't exactly do wonders for your perceived intelligence.

You're soft because you're complaining about this tackle. It was a damn fine tackle, play on, unlucky Cornes was KO'd. You want to just ban tackling and bumping altogether? Go watch netball.

How old are you? 12?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett's Tackle on Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back