Autopsy Pies beat the Cats, into the Preliminary Final!

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA - get on SEN, apparently Chris Scott is “blowing up” and he’s about to do his post match presser! This gonna be salty as **** lmao

Thought we were morals before the game. Started to get worried in the last quarter when we went way too defensive. The chant went up too early and they kicked a goal and i almost had an apoplexy! Thank god we won. We really did dominate i thought but the margin was way too close. Cats would have not got within 8 goals without Danger.
Anyway glad that was over. Cant wait til the prelim!!
and moore played his best game for the club. He stays on the park for a whole year and watch out.

Amazingly admirable performance from Collingwood tonight despite the barrage of injuries. There aren't enough superlatives in the English language to describe how courageous they were.

Easily one of the most likeable teams in the league and if WCE don't win it then I hope Collingwood do.

well if the pies dont win, i hope the eagles dont. ..but thanks for the kind thoughts

There's no doubt about it - we're hard to stop on the road.

Really proud of the boys tonight - massive team pressure and great individual moments everywhere.

I'll admit it scares the shit out of me that Geelong somehow got within 10 pts and could've stolen it if they'd kicked half straight...WTF!

I think we can say the selectors got it right. I could rave all night about Sidey,Howe, Pendles, Maynard, Elliott etc......but the two guys I am really stoked for are Rupert and Noble. Rupert was just into everything and Noble held up far better in the finals heat than anyone had the right to expect.

Happy to see Moore rediscovering his mojo late too - some great contested marking. Some of the smothers from Elliott , Howe etc.... great efforts everywhere.

If Richmond win tomorrow our next opponent comes from Brisbane/GWS/Bulldogs at the G .....we're in with a solid shot thanks to tonight. :thumbsu::collingwood:

Great to see Moore not only finish a game but be so important in the final quarter. Wills, 13 tackles, bloody good. But gee whiz you wouldn't think De Goey or Greenwood will play again this year.

But let's be honest, we fell over the line thanks largely to Geelong playing putrid footy. That ain't gonna get it done in a prelim, far less in a GF.

Don't get it twisted, just because we reached the prelim first doesn't make us flag favorites, neither do mug punters. I'd have at the very least Rich/WCE ahead of us, I think the Dogs could easily roll us and even the Lions are travelling better, not sure how they'll do with so many inexperienced players in finals, probably the only knock on em.
We put the pressure on Geelong and gave them nothing. Pressure on the man, and team defence. Hence why they played putrid footy.

They don’t play pretty footy at the best of times, but we completely shut them down and gave them nothing, so many Geelong players fumbled, ran into eachother, and banged the ball on the foot/down the line over and over. Why? Because they were rattled.

You cannot watch us defend so well, and put on such good pressure and the. put the other teams mistakes down to them ‘just playing putrid’.

Sure, we didn’t kick on... it definitely had a sniff of a blow out early. But, I think at 3 quarter time we put the que in the rack and looked to conserve ourselves for a prelim. Didn’t even look to attack in the last quarter, purely in keepings off.

I’d be worried that we let them have a sniff, if it didn’t look so planned. If it was us just collapsing, then i’d be worried. But i don’t think thats the case. We certainly don’t want to peak in the QF.

Chris Scott the biggest f***** loser of all coaches, gives us no credit in his presser....Overall we f***** smashed you in general play...fwit love his defeated face!!!

F**k Him.

Even the Scumps could not get them over the Line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What. A. Game.

The last five minutes got the better of me tonight, so I hid in the lift in the Members Stand, riding it up and down. I missed the final siren. I didnt even know we'd won until I got out.

Now, as further evidence of my patheticness (word?), I wont be here for the PF. Months ago I booked a holiday on the PF weekend, because we wouldn't be there. Oh me of little faith.

Kudos to some of the Geelong players who kept them in it. Danger and Stewart, very good.

From what I saw tonight.. Wills being this 1 dimensional in and under brut type and when he's not in and under he stands up tall in tackles or goes on the hunt.. that's 90% of his game.. makes him quite unique.. don't think I've seen any other player like him.. amazing to think.. based on that = x factor personified.

Well done man.. first player to prove me wrong re.

Ecstatic!
Tough, brave, classy, courageous win. So proud.
Is it compulsory that we get injuries? Feeling for Levi and hoping for Jordy.
Nothing rattles this team though so onwards we go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies beat the Cats, into the Preliminary Final!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back