Pies v Hawks prelim final

Remove this Banner Ad

hawks average side at best comapred to pies. just readying myself for the cats pies GF will be awesome

Obviously we are no good. We might as well just not rock up and forfeit the match.

But seriously, Hawks by 13. Things are coming together for Hawthorn and Collingwood look vulnerable. I have said since August it will be a Geelong-Hawthorn GF. Still 100% believe that.

How do we look vulnerable? For the first time since last year well have our best team on the park.

Things are coming together for Hawthorn
A narrow win against Gold Coast, an average performance against Geelong, and an average final against Sydney who were terrible in the first half. Sydney showed one quarter of finals intensity, and they looked better than Hawthorn when they did.
Collingwood look vulnerable.
Just desperate for a bye after twelve weeks, but Ben Reid and Dale Thomas will be great inclusions. If both teams play equally to their best, then Collingwood should win.
I have said since August it will be a Geelong-Hawthorn GF. Still 100% believe that.
I have said since May it will be a Collingwood v. Geelong Grand Final, but Geelong may be in for a tough match against either West Coast or Carlton because their bye has not come at an ideal time after only three weeks!

Interesting Stat Number Two: Three Friday Night Games in a row makes for No Nookie in my household as a result. We better win the Flag...

No internet on Satdy? ;)

Doesn't seem to matter what day we're playin', I still ain't gettin' it.

How do we look vulnerable? For the first time since last year well have our best team on the park.

* West Coast played some very ordinary football last week and were in it right til the last few minutes against you.

* You got done by Geelong the week before by 96.

* Travis Cloke has been "average" for the best part of 2 months now.

* Ben Reid, the best match-up for Buddy, might not get up for the match.

* Several key players are going to come into the game with not much recent game time under their belt.

I think you have been the best team all year, but I believe there are several cracks that can be exposed by Hawthorn come next weekend.

Best of luck, should be a belter either way.

Obviously we are no good. We might as well just not rock up and forfeit the match.

But seriously, Hawks by 13. Things are coming together for Hawthorn and Collingwood look vulnerable. I have said since August it will be a Geelong-Hawthorn GF. Still 100% believe that.

Well in R15 you said Hawks would thrash Collingwood by 40 pts and Buddy would kick 8.

Actual Collingwood won by 41 pts, so you were double the amt out.

So I will take Collingwood by 13 pts...but really think by 26 pts.

So you will be wrong on all accounts yet again HAD.

Wanna put yr house on it like you did in R15 ??? :rolleyes:

I think we will stay close and even be in front when around early 4th quarter the pies just run away with it because when a team get's on a role against us we just cant cope.:(

* West Coast played some very ordinary football last week and were in it right til the last few minutes against you.

* You got done by Geelong the week before by 96.

* Travis Cloke has been "average" for the best part of 2 months now.

* Ben Reid, the best match-up for Buddy, might not get up for the match.

* Several key players are going to come into the game with not much recent game time under their belt.

I think you have been the best team all year, but I believe there are several cracks that can be exposed by Hawthorn come next weekend.

Best of luck, should be a belter either way.

WC played oginary footy in what? the 2nd and 3rd qtr after collingwood was stepped to and stood up?

adelaide almost beat us rd 21 and hawthorn beat us in round 22 2010. nough said.

travis cloke has not been below average last 2 months. Unless goals are all that matter out of your CHF? Oh right, you go for hawthorn and only have franklin.

Ben reid will play and clean up franklin like last time. Hawthorn supporters will pop their heads out in a months time saying that he was playing in a superior defence and as a 'loose man'. Bookmark it

our 'several key players' coming in underdone seem to be doing alright. Nice to base opinion on wishes though ey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A narrow win against Gold Coast, an average performance against Geelong, and an average final against Sydney who were terrible in the first half. Sydney showed one quarter of finals intensity, and they looked better than Hawthorn when they did.

Lol. Wow. Way to oversimplify the crap out of all that.

Just like hawthorn beating collingwood in a dead rubber game last year. Meant the world to hawthorn but meant shit all to collingwood. See first weekend of october 2010.

Love it how Collingwood only ever lose dead rubbers.
Looks like the first dead rubber Prelim coming up.

Love it how Collingwood only ever lose dead rubbers.
Looks like the first dead rubber Prelim coming up.

The good thing about this game is all the pressure and expectation is on Collingwood. Nobody expects Hawthorn to win. Collingwood have everything to lose and they know it.

WC played oginary footy in what? the 2nd and 3rd qtr after collingwood was stepped to and stood up?

adelaide almost beat us rd 21 and hawthorn beat us in round 22 2010. nough said.

travis cloke has not been below average last 2 months. Unless goals are all that matter out of your CHF? Oh right, you go for hawthorn and only have franklin.

Ben reid will play and clean up franklin like last time. Hawthorn supporters will pop their heads out in a months time saying that he was playing in a superior defence and as a 'loose man'. Bookmark it

our 'several key players' coming in underdone seem to be doing alright. Nice to base opinion on wishes though ey?

The circumstances are different to last year though.

However, Pies are still warm favorites one would think.

*waiting for grizzly to card him for saying the truth like last time*

No, you were carded last time for a clumsy troll. And the next time you mention a mod or moderation in a post you'll get another red card.

Hawks are being under-rated here, so are the Swans for that matter, TBH i liked the idea of playing the Hawks more before last nights game, Buddy looks fine to me, should be an epic, have to favour the Pies due to the rest though.

The good thing about this game is all the pressure and expectation is on Collingwood. Nobody expects Hawthorn to win. Collingwood have everything to lose and they know it.

Yeah... that's what it felt like going into the Carlton game last Sunday.

It's a pretty limp consolation when all is said and done. As much as I'd love for them to choke, the Pies will waltz into the GF.

Hawks are being under-rated here, so are the Swans for that matter, TBH i liked the idea of playing the Hawks more before last nights game, Buddy looks fine to me, should be an epic, have to favour the Pies due to the rest though.
Very few teams lose after the week off just like very few go out in straight sets.

You would think that trend will continue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies v Hawks prelim final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back