List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? My sons play for Preston!! I've met Kane a few times and he's a great kid .... who is/was a bomber fan. They really rate him there and believe the only reason he's never been drafted is because of his height, , I'm180 and tower over him!

I'm also pretty sure he played Knights with Zaka and Hurls.

Yep, though we are not the only ones taking interest in him, so very likely to be with an AFL team next year.

3 way deal

GWS: TBC, Our 1st rounder
WB: #1 pick
Ess: Griffen, WB 2nd rounder

(know it would never happen)

Mentioning TBC in any sort of trade discussion is about as silly as it gets. Thread should be closed for silliness
Why is it silly? We have too many talls, and this bloke appears to not be getting a game despite him being a good player. It's natural to think there's a chance he could be disgruntled and want out even if it is a shame. Hence discussion. I hope he stays and gumbo goes personally. Would love to have a crack at adams

Dayle Garlett another 3 goals on the weekend

I wouldnt mind targetting some of this juicy fremantle talent that just cant break into an elite side that are so well tuned

Hayden Crozier, Josh Mellington (both small forwards), Viv Michie (ball magnet), Tom Sheridan (quick line breaking outside wing/HBF) player.

All 4 would be getting games at just about any other side.

Mayne, Walters, Ballantyne keeping those small forwards out and they could be of great use to us.

I would love not to loose anyone but there are many reasons TBC is the main one currently being discussed other than gumby/hooker or pears

- fighting for one spot in the team where KPP fwds/backs fight for 3 spots

- with fletcher close to retirement it opens up a certain starting spot in either fwd/backs. Fletcher goes could mean hurley goes back and either hooker or pears leaves OR fletcher goes which both hooker and Pears will be selected and hurley stays forward so Gumby might leave (they can see light at the end of the tunnel where I doubt TBC can)

- this is my personal opinion but ruckman seem to have the concept that they should be the only one doing the ruck duties and feel more threatened with other ruckman around. Which wouldn't surprise me because in juniors they would be the centre of attention at their own clubs and no one could challenge the ruck spot off them because of the height.

- out of the four TBC/hooker/pears/gumby he is potentially seen as the more valuable one and when we talk about "hypothetical trades" we dream of premium quality like fyfe ect and they cost quality in return.

Now that is out of the way, what do people think about trading for Yarran? Yes he has his 'attitude' problems according to the media but he is a freak when in form. I could see him doing Kommer's role and with higher production. His speed would be a real asset to our forward line/midfield and has elite footskills. Could be a huge addition to our side. I reckon something like a 1st and 3rd rounder might get it done, if push came to shove i'd give them a first and a second rounder for him.

Holy freaking hell no way!
Ok fine Ill start off by admitting its only my opinion and yes he is very talented and would most likely add to our side; but our 1st and 3rd picks?? Let alone 1st + 2nd?!!

My main concern would be his poor attitude which could infect our other easily influenced players. Remember its way easier to spread bad influence and poor attitude than instilling good character and attitude in people. Especially since Yarran is an older player so therefore would have more influence than just a new recruit.

Eg: I dont think I can name any "bad" Sydney players or Geelong, whats the worst thing their kids get up to? Run around in balaclavas giggling trying to scare each other?

It would be like if Sylvia, Didak or Mitch Robinson were available, no doubting their talent and at their best would be an amazing addition for any side, but at what cost to our culture?

Another example I just remembered: Justin Sherman. On paper, he was perfect for Bulldogs; in reality they couldnt change his character and work rate so he ended up being a failure.

Again Ill admit its only my 2c and I dont know anything personally about Yarran but Im not willing to risk the great culture we have at the moment with players believing and working hard for a flag.

How about we just draft Jay Kennedy Harris (Oakleigh Chargers Co Captain). Inside and outside midfielder who also plays forward. One of the best tacklers in the TAC Cup. Will probably have to use 1st rounder as we look to finish higher up on the ladder this year. He will definitely go very early 2nd round

How about we just draft Jay Kennedy Harris (Oakleigh Chargers Co Captain). Inside and outside midfielder who also plays forward. One of the best tacklers in the TAC Cup. Will probably have to use 1st rounder as we look to finish higher up on the ladder this year. He will definitely go very early 2nd round
Hi Jay

Are you fast though? and how tall?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are Essendon, we don't pay overs for players.

Which in translation means we are no chance of trading a first rounder for Yarran. Let alone throw in a second or third rounder as well.

Okay ive made up a list of targets (Small fwds)
Chris Yarran
Andrew Krakouer
Alex Fasolo
Hayden Crozier
Jed Lamb
Josh Mellington
Todd Banfield
Josh Green

Draft
Dayle Garlett
Paul Bevan (mature aged)

Free Agents
S.Milne
Porplyzia
Mark Lecras

Hi Jay

Are you fast though? and how tall?
Jay is actually my brother but I don't mention his name for that reason. He is exactly what we need at the club. He's small but a little bigger than Blair at Pies. Is he fast? Oh boy - his closing speed on opponents is scary. He's not afraid to get the hard ball. He has a thumping kick. Smart quick thinker who does a heap of 1%. Fantastic leadership skills ( hence the reason he is the first indigenous captain and a first choice member of the Vic Metro squad.
Yes I'm pumping him up but for good reason.
Swans, Crows, Eagles, Kangas, Bulldogs, Giants all very keen on him.

Jay is actually my brother but I don't mention his name for that reason. He is exactly what we need at the club. He's small but a little bigger than Blair at Pies. Is he fast? Oh boy - his closing speed on opponents is scary. He's not afraid to get the hard ball. He has a thumping kick. Smart quick thinker who does a heap of 1%. Fantastic leadership skills ( hence the reason he is the first indigenous captain and a first choice member of the Vic Metro squad.
Yes I'm pumping him up but for good reason.
Swans, Crows, Eagles, Kangas, Bulldogs, Giants all very keen on him.

Im sure he will get picked up if hes got great leadership skills, will go a very long way along with his ability that you outlined.

Sounds like a player that maybe teams wouldnt use a first rounder on, but you never know very hard to say without having seen him play. A team like Essendon in the window may be happy to spend a first rounder on him like Sydney, Collingwood, hawks have done in the past for a filling need. Towers, Ball, I.Smith ect (all top 30) 2 first rounders from memory.

Most of those players i listed have contracts all till the end of 2014. Mellington is one along with Fasolo and Yarran.

Crozier till end of 2015.

So i guess that rules out all those players. However i cant see Mellington getting a game in front of Mayne, Walters, Ballantyne and it seems Crozier is also ahead of him.

Was watching 'On the Couch' earlier and they were discussing TBC and the idea of GWS pick 1 being on the table for trade. Even though I don't think we can afford to lose TBC, the prospect of getting pick 1 could be enticing ? Especially if TBC feels he may not have the opportunities at Essendon.

Was watching 'On the Couch' earlier and they were discussing TBC and the idea of GWS pick 1 being on the table for trade. Even though I don't think we can afford to lose TBC, the prospect of getting pick 1 could be enticing ? Especially if TBC feels he may not have the opportunities at Essendon.

EFC would accept that trade so fast GWS wouldn't've time to come to their senses

In reality, if TBC elects to leave the club and decides GWS is the place to be, I'm quite certain GWS will be able to find a pick somewhere in between 1 and 20 to pass off to us. And GWS, remember, would have first pick in the PSD.........

EFC would accept that trade so fast GWS wouldn't've time to come to their senses

In reality, if TBC elects to leave the club and decides GWS is the place to be, I'm quite certain GWS will be able to find a pick somewhere in between 1 and 20 to pass off to us. And GWS, remember, would have first pick in the PSD.........

I dont think they do

I think to get TBC youd have to offer up something special like a very high pick. Unlesd of course he wants out which is possible.

Remember a much less proven Mitch Clark went for pick 12. Jolly Pick 14 and 46.

Id take pick 3-4 as i think Aish or Billings would still be around and wed most likely take them with pick one anyhow.

Anything less, ill be keeping him and even then i dont think we can afford to lose him and if we did wed have to look at some decent backup plans.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back