List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was watching 'On the Couch' earlier and they were discussing TBC and the idea of GWS pick 1 being on the table for trade. Even though I don't think we can afford to lose TBC, the prospect of getting pick 1 could be enticing ? Especially if TBC feels he may not have the opportunities at Essendon.

Surely they'd have some interest in a defender like Pears as well. Pick 1 is a big trade carrot to dangle and its looking like TBC will be in demand for a few clubs. I think he would have to knock back better money and terms if he is to stay with us.

Was watching 'On the Couch' earlier and they were discussing TBC and the idea of GWS pick 1 being on the table for trade. Even though I don't think we can afford to lose TBC, the prospect of getting pick 1 could be enticing ? Especially if TBC feels he may not have the opportunities at Essendon.

Gerard Healy and Mike Sheahan's combined IQ is 2. Uncredible source if I ever saw one

holy shit guys TBC is only being traded if he demands it. the time for EFC to 'cash in' was last year, when the 'problems' we're currently talking about were perfectly foreseeable. they didnt cash in. they're not cashing in now. tbc only goes if tbc walks out

It is pretty much this.

Trading him leaves a massive whole in our list. Hille will retire at the end of the season. Neither Gumby or Daniher are ruckman - or at neither should be used as ruckman.

Any injury to Ryder would expose our ruck division to the point where we would be dominated by any other ruck division in the league.

What do we actually need?
I tthink we need a young strong developing inside mid as Watson Hocking are getting on and Howlett I tthink has a low ceiling and may actually be better outside player. I think the coaches may be tthinking the same hence the Caddy quest.
And we need a quick, x factor type... Like a Hill Hawthorn have uncovered, or a Garlett.

Okay ive made up a list of targets (Small fwds)
Chris Yarran
Andrew Krakouer
Alex Fasolo
Hayden Crozier
Jed Lamb
Josh Mellington
Todd Banfield
Josh Green

Draft
Dayle Garlett
Paul Bevan (mature aged)

Free Agents
S.Milne
Porplyzia
Mark Lecras

Wouldn't mind Shane Savage from Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry - pick one for Tom Bellchambers?

i3ZWA.gif

I don't understand all this "no room for Bellchambers" nonsense. If he's running around in the twos it has everything to do with form or attitude, and nothing to do with not being able to fit him in either in the short or long-term.

There is structural room for at least 7 talls in the team. For example, a potential post-Fletcher lineup:

FB Hurley BP Hooker
CHB Carlisle
R Ryder
CHF Daniher HFF Crameri
FF Bellchambers

That leaves Gumbleton and Pears (or whoever they manage to displace) not making the 22. If both Pears and Crameri can play smaller, then you can fit every last one of them in.

Anyone else think Collingwood's recruiting has really hurt them over the last few years? They seem to have gone after a lot of guys that have made an immediate impact but only have very limited potential. Some examples are Blair, Fasolo, Sinclair, Elliot, Dwyer, Lynch etc. These guys have looked great when they've first come in but have struggled after a while and eventually been found out in big games. I think they've changed this policy last year by securing the draft picks for Kennedy, Grundy and Broomhead but I feel like the few years of recruiting before that is hurting them
Disagree, especially given where the names you've mentioned were picked.

2006: Reid (8), Nathan Brown (10), Dawes (28), Dick (44), Goldsack (63), Wellingham, Macaffer and Clarke (rookies). Great, solid draft.
2007: Cameron Wood (14), only managed McCarthy (31) otherwise. Bust.
2008: Sidebottom (11), Beams (29), Leigh Brown (73), Blair & Keeffe (rookies). Made out like bandits.
2009: Jolly (traded for 14 & 46), Ball (30), J. Thomas (75), Sinclair (62). Won them a premiership.
2010: Krakouer & Ceglar (traded for 25), Fasolo (45), Tarrant (55), Seedsman (76). Premiership winners and GC draft so no low picks. Krakouer was perhaps a mistake in an attempt to emulate 2009, as there were a few decent players available at 25, but you have to factor in Ceglar as it was about this point where it really became apparent that Wood wasn't up to it. Can't really complain about the rest, given the picks.
2011: Clarke & Elliot (traded for 25), Paine (50), Witts (67), Williams & Mooney (rookies). Again, no low pick, but two handy players for 25 isn't hideous, and the rest were development projects who seem to be coming along.
2012: Grundy (18), Kennedy (19), Broomhead (20), Ramsay (38), Russell (71), Martin/Dwyer/Oxley/Frost/Hudson (rookies), Lynch & Young (free agents). Looking very lucrative so far.

I'd say that's a very good strike rate. The only real busts came from the scramble for a post-Fraser and then post-Jolly ruck but they seem to have that sorted with Witts and Grundy. Over the period they've traded their way to a premiership, picked up a couple of real gems and a large number of otherwise very solid players, all without a top-10 pick since 2006.

What do we actually need?
I tthink we need a young strong developing inside mid as Watson Hocking are getting on and Howlett I tthink has a low ceiling and may actually be better outside player. I think the coaches may be tthinking the same hence the Caddy quest.
And we need a quick, x factor type... Like a Hill Hawthorn have uncovered, or a Garlett.

Will Hams?

Okay ive made up a list of targets (Small fwds)
Chris Yarran
Andrew Krakouer
Alex Fasolo
Hayden Crozier
Jed Lamb
Josh Mellington
Todd Banfield
Josh Green

Draft
Dayle Garlett
Paul Bevan (mature aged)

Free Agents
S.Milne
Porplyzia
Mark Lecras

with latest news, may not be a free-man* let alone a free-agent.

* truth, justice and guilty plea pending.

Do you think we are now in a premiership window as of 2014?

Do you know how Paul Bevan is performing? yes its left field but we need to look at all options in the country which he is

Is Milne not one of the best small forwards in the game, wanting to win a premiership?

A premiership is the least of Milne's worries I would think.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back