List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Frankston are hiding a ruckman down there for us?

Here we go. Russell Gabriel.

Plays for Frankston. Has played in WA. Perfect fit*

http://www.frankstonweekly.com.au/story/1246243/vfl-dolphins-eye-star-ruckman/

I'm not sure he will get a shot unless he absolutely dominates for a season.

Isnt the best physical specimen.

He is a poor man's Shane Mumford who is a bullocking type rather than a new age athletic tap ruckmen.

Will fight tooth and nail for every possession and will fight for his team mates.

Three years ago (pre move to WA) was his go, the new sub rule has hurt his chances as he isn't really a multiple position player.

Just on Frankston, I'm not sure there is any players of interest this year. Possibly Sam Lloyd or Zig Alwan as leading hit up forwards (Alwan has been playing as a rebounding defender the past few weeks and done am ok job).

The rest don't fill me with much excitement

Do you think we are now in a premiership window as of 2014?

Do you know how Paul Bevan is performing? yes its left field but we need to look at all options in the country which he is

Is Milne not one of the best small forwards in the game, wanting to win a premiership?

1) i'm thinking more 2015 and onwards than next year to be frank, but it's a definite possibility if the stars align.

2) Bevan is 28 and has been out of the afl for 2 going on 3 years now, and even when he did play for the Swans he was nothing spectacular. Emphatic pass on Bevan, a bevy of other, better options IMO. From the little WAFL i've seen this year i'd take Medhurst over Bevan, and Medhurst is well and truly cooked.

3) I reckon Milne is pretty much done, my feeling is that he'll hang em up at the end of the year

1) i'm thinking more 2015 and onwards than next year to be frank, but it's a definite possibility if the stars align.

2) Bevan is 28 and has been out of the afl for 2 going on 3 years now, and even when he did play for the Swans he was nothing spectacular. Emphatic pass on Bevan, a bevy of other, better options IMO. From the little WAFL i've seen this year i'd take Medhurst over Bevan, and Medhurst is well and truly cooked.

3) I reckon Milne is pretty much done, my feeling is that he'll hang em up at the end of the year
1) We agree to disagree

2) Bevans a plan Z type. My post didnt say we should take him with our first rounder thus merely scouring the country for potential AFL small forward candidates.

Bevan never played small forward at AFL level and he has risen to the new role, maybe a position he shouldve always been playing at AFL level looking back on hindsight. Hes been clearly better than Medhurst this year, also one thing he is very very good at is his defensive work/mindset he was a decent stopper/tagger at AFL level really before the Nick Kommer, Eddy, Rooke, Matt Deboer role came in as being ever so important. Hed be our last rookie pick if anything and i dont think it would be the worse pick we could do much worse.

3) I posted that before the findings of today, hindsight can be great cant it with non related footy issues. He cant play behind bars can he. But he wouldnt have hanged up the boots at the end of the year if a top 4-5 side in a premiership window came to him and asked him to fill a hole would he?

Does Lourey do any rucking Yoda_ ? Looks the goods in the forward line and is big enough to give an honest contest in the ruck by the looks of him

I doubt it.. Would only be positional (ie inside F50 stoppages). Former Cat Scott Simpson ( think it's Scott) chops out Rus.

Simpson has been required in defense due to injury in the Dolphins KPD stocks (2012 leading goal kicker Luke Clark has played at CHB the last two starts such had been the toll).

Mark LeCras would be handy. Would be a salary cap issue though I would imagine.

Project 'Get Garlett' should be comencing now! Exactly what we need.

Mark LeCras would be handy. Would be a salary cap issue though I would imagine.

Project 'Get Garlett' should be comencing now! Exactly what we need.
Why would Garlett come to us? (Assuming your talking about Jeff)

- Carlton have much more money to offer
- Hes Mick Malthouses (Daisy Thomas) kick the footy with eachother before game
- In career best form playing for carlton
- Would only return home (WA) if he moved clubs
- As of this year Carlton are probably the 6th best side and we are the 5th as we speak

As a hypothetical, what would you think of this trade.

Essendon give: Bellchambers, Gumbleton, Pears, First Round Pick
Essendon receive: Pick 1 (Boyd)

GWS give: Pick 1
GWS receive: Bellchambers, Pears, Gold Coast's First Round Pick

Gold Coast give: First Round Pick
Gold Coast receive: Scott Gumbleton, Essendon's First Round Pick

Could see us line up something like...

Hooker Carlisle Baguely
Hibberd Hurley Dempsey
Stanton Watson Goddard
Crameri Boyd Winderlich
Davey Daniher Merrett

Ryder Zarakis Heppell

I/C: Howlett, Hocking, Myers
S: Merrett

Thoughts?

How good is this Boyd guy? From the little I read at the start of the year there wasn't a clear cut number one pick and now everyone's pumping him up. Usually the superstar number ones are well known years prior.

Boyd was always the stand out KPF, he's really burst out of the blocks though in the last month or two and is starting to really dominate his level.

Hell, he was bloody impressive in last year as a bottom-aged player, only to be overshadowed by Daniher in the final game.

Hawthorn has 6, Carlton 5, Dogs 5, Cats 7, Adelaide 6, Melbourne 7, Freo 6, NM 6, Brisbane 6, Collingwood 6, Port 5, Saints 7, Sydney 6, Richmond 5, Essendon 5. Only side absent are the Eagles.

Hille's going to retire. That leaves us with Ryder, Bellchambers, Gumbleton and Daniher, and even the two middle one's aren't guaranteed to stay.I'll happily place money that you're dead wrong
Looks like you've been a bit generous with some of the players you've counted as rucks, but still certainly appears to be more rucks on other lists than I had thought.
That said, I still don't think we'll draft one, what are the stakes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like you've been a bit generous with some of the players you've counted as rucks, but still certainly appears to be more rucks on other lists than I had thought.
That said, I still don't think we'll draft one, what are the stakes?

Sig bet for the month immediately after the national or rookie draft?

ok.
but just to clarify, if any rucks (Hille aside) leave, I am expecting that player is replaced.

I still can't see us having 2 pure rucks and 2 part-timers on the list

I still can't see us having 2 pure rucks and 2 part-timers on the list
I'd be quite happy with what we have.
If we get one, it would have to be rookie listed I'd have thought. Agree?
I'm not sure if we'll have many free spots on the rookie list, maybe a Dell upgrade frees up a spot, maybe Steinberg is moved on. But I guess there's a lot to play out with the rookies between now and then.

I'd be quite happy with what we have.
If we get one, it would have to be rookie listed I'd have thought. Agree?
I'm not sure if we'll have many free spots on the rookie list, maybe a Dell upgrade frees up a spot, maybe Steinberg is moved on. But I guess there's a lot to play out with the rookies between now and then.

I completely disagree. Say we have no LTI's and in rounds 4 and 5 both get 2-3 week injureies, we'll be putting one on the injury list just so we can field an actual ruckmn. We'll get one and it'll be in trade week or the ND/PSD

Thomas Boyd
James Aisha
Matt Scharenberg

Nope, sorry, can't find him :p

He is in that 'next tier' though that could go from 4 - 20 IMO

Someone will pull shotgun and grab him top 10
Hard to keep up but yeah I've seen enough of him to say he is every bit a top 10.
There will be others that blossom in next couple of months while some will fall away a bit.

For those who are not sure about Boyd. Do yourself a favour and go watch him (in a couple of weeks when he is over his injury).
I've never seen a kid destroy an opposition the way he does. He is a giant who reminds me of J.Brown.
Just Quality.
Get excited but not too excited as there is absolute zero chance the Bombers will get him

I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick just the one junior ruckmen Ethan

Afterall TBC and Ryder have both pretty good bodies that have had limited injuries. Suspension(s) however is a whole different story.

If for 2-3 weeks we need a ruckmen we have a number of ample contributors that could fill the void and the potential of a rookie listed ruckmen also possible.

List management is as tight as ever and the chance for 5 years of development is nigh for ruckmen.

As a hypothetical, what would you think of this trade.

Essendon give: Bellchambers, Gumbleton, Pears, First Round Pick
Essendon receive: Pick 1 (Boyd)

GWS give: Pick 1
GWS receive: Bellchambers, Pears, Gold Coast's First Round Pick

Gold Coast give: First Round Pick
Gold Coast receive: Scott Gumbleton, Essendon's First Round Pick

Could see us line up something like...

Hooker Carlisle Baguely
Hibberd Hurley Dempsey
Stanton Watson Goddard
Crameri Boyd Winderlich
Davey Daniher Merrett

Ryder Zarakis Heppell

I/C: Howlett, Hocking, Myers
S: Merrett

Thoughts?
I'm sorry, but this is just plain silly. Why would we give away 3 KPP's, 2 of which are genuinely AFL standard, to get one KPP who is unproven at the level? We would then have a 2nd yr FF and a first year CHF. Would set us back significantly IMO, and given we are looking at the well cliched "premiership window" I think it would be so wrong to do this.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back