List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From the west pretty unsure about the coltas this year

But Dayle Garlett kicked 6 goals in the league last week along with 23 posses 20 of which were kicks

Another player maybe we could look at unsure how old but remember Paul Bevan (sydney) has played as a small forward at perth and kicking bags of goals (id say he would be defensively very good aswell from memory was a role/tag type player at the swans but always back half of the ground. Kicked 7 on the weekend to go to 31 goals from 9 games. May be too old now though.

Well done sir, you've called my bluff. I wasn't serious when I threatened arson over the internet

And i was?

I prefer to remember that every team passed on dayle garlett, we just had a closer look and maybe he was just lazy or something.

Nevermind, we will just get doc reid to take over as jack billings' personal doctor and diagnose him with op and hammy issues. Bang gun small fwd for the next 10 years.

At this point I cant see us actively trying to trade any players unless they request a trade. I still feel we need guys like pears, gumby, hardingham etc for depth. Out of those prob pears will probably request to be traded im guessing but I hope he doesnt.

I'm sick of seeing trade posts along the lines of

required player + draft pick (+ fringe player) = gun

Give us some reasoning to either get excited by the thought or knock it on the head, get us talking about it in realistic terms. If the gun player out of contract, are they disgruntled, are they affordable within our cap situation, is our required player disgruntled, why would you give up a specific draft pick if it is a strong draft year etc.

Start some discussion, don't just do a TBC + 2nd pick + Hardingham = Pendlebury type post. They are a waste of everyone's time.

* I know I've wasted my time writing this, probably your time reading it, but it shits me and I couldn't be bothered writing it in the "What Shits Ya" thread

I'm sick of seeing trade posts along the lines of

required player + draft pick (+ fringe player) = gun

Give us some reasoning to either get excited by the thought or knock it on the head, get us talking about it in realistic terms. If the gun player out of contract, are they disgruntled, are they affordable within our cap situation, is our required player disgruntled, why would you give up a specific draft pick if it is a strong draft year etc.

Start some discussion, don't just do a TBC + 2nd pick + Hardingham = Pendlebury type post. They are a waste of everyone's time.

* I know I've wasted my time writing this, probably your time reading it, but it shits me and I couldn't be bothered writing it in the "What Shits Ya" thread

Fine. The dogs need a key forward and went after Gumby at the end of last season, so it is reasonable to think they'd still be keen on getting him. They also need someone who can carry the ball at pace through the midfield, as the rest of them (barring Cooney who is still not 100% over his knee issues) are are good ball getters, but could be considered slightly one-paced midfielders. Hence Colyer, who I would consider to be more expendable than most players at Essendon playing that half-forward/midfield type role. So would an injury prone key forward and a fringe outside player be enough to get a gun like Griffen? Probably not, hence the first round pick thrown in.

The result would be that WB would get two areas they need to improve in strengthened, ie they would become more competitive through players who still have time on their side. Plus the bonus of a 1st rounder to help regenerate their list with quality and further improve their potential. Essendon would get a gun midfielder who can do it all- get his own ball, carry the ball and use it. He is hitting his prime years right now and Essendon is (IMO) on the verge of having a crack at a flag in the next few years. Would Griffen see another genuine flag opportunity at the Dogs in his career? Towards the tail end, perhaps? All this not mentioning the fact that no players would have to move house and re-settle, etc. The only issue would be the Bombers cap space. Otherwise the idea seems sound enough.

Is that better?

Wishful I know. Still, I think the first two and the last bit are reasonable enough!

I think you are high.

He is in the first year of a 5 year deal that he signed last season.

To get Yarran I reckon it would take possibly 2 first rounders or a first and second rounder to be honest, he wouldn't come cheap.

I would just look at getting Dayle Garlett through the rookie or pre-season draft to solve the small forward problem. Would be a lot cheaper than most other ideas and could be a very big reward for taking him on in what he could bring to the team.

I reckon we will go to the draft for talent this year but I could be wrong. I would like to trade Gumbleton to Calrton, St.Kilda or Western Bulldogs for a first rounder but doubt that would happen either unfortunately and then use our 2 first rounders for an upgraded pick to say 6-10 range and try and get our hands on a gun mid.

Maybe also something like Pears + Gumbleton + 1st & 2nd plus another pick or player for the number 1 pick from GWS and draft Aish. Now that is mouth watering but also unlikely unfortunately.

I think you are high.

He is in the first year of a 5 year deal that he signed last season.

To get Yarran I reckon it would take possibly 2 first rounders or a first and second rounder to be honest, he wouldn't come cheap.

I would just look at getting Dayle Garlett through the rookie or pre-season draft to solve the small forward problem. Would be a lot cheaper than most other ideas and could be a very big reward for taking him on in what he could bring to the team.

I reckon we will go to the draft for talent this year but I could be wrong. I would like to trade Gumbleton to Calrton, St.Kilda or Western Bulldogs for a first rounder but doubt that would happen either unfortunately and then use our 2 first rounders for an upgraded pick to say 6-10 range and try and get our hands on a gun mid.

Maybe also something like Pears + Gumbleton + 1st & 2nd plus another pick or player for the number 1 pick from GWS and draft Aish. Now that is mouth watering but also unlikely unfortunately.

I didn't realise it was 5 years. Changes things a bit! I think we are going along a similar premise though- we should use currency in KPP's and (if necessary) high draft picks to get a gun mid who can perform for the next 3 or 4 years when I believe we will be there or thereabouts to challenge for a flag.

Kavanagh, while being slippery and very good in traffic, doesn't have the pace (I haven't seen it) IMO, it's about the only thing he doesn't have.

Merrett is definitely that type of player, but more can't hurt

Was reading draft profiles a few days ago. The impression was very much that Kav is fast. Wonder if it is a hamstring/endurance issue because, while he isn't slow, he certainly hasn't show the turn of speed that would make him fast.

Colyer is growing on me and certainly has the speed so I don't think that we need necessarily look outside the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting a ruck replacement is the most urgent need in our list. We need to retain both Bellchambers and Ryder and get a backup ruck. Daniher will be able to chip in as relief ruck occasionally when needed but I don't think it will be our #1 choice.

Max Gawn is out of contract at the end of the year (or at least that is what they were saying on SEN on Monday night) and has been kept from the side by some horrid players (Jamar has been pitiful). He cannot be happy with his current lot. The obvious issue would be that it wouldn't make much sense to leave to be third choice behind Ryder and Bellchambers, but you never know. If Bellchambers is as restless as people seem to want to think he is, Gawn would be close to a ready made replacement and potential star ruck.

I'm sorry......Didak????

tumblr_inline_mn12efFjtG1qz4rgp.gif

What if we are NOT able to take part in the Trade Period/Draft/Rookie Draft?? (Due to possible club santions).I'd hate not been able to at least Trade!

Fine. The dogs need a key forward and went after Gumby at the end of last season, so it is reasonable to think they'd still be keen on getting him. They also need someone who can carry the ball at pace through the midfield, as the rest of them (barring Cooney who is still not 100% over his knee issues) are are good ball getters, but could be considered slightly one-paced midfielders. Hence Colyer, who I would consider to be more expendable than most players at Essendon playing that half-forward/midfield type role. So would an injury prone key forward and a fringe outside player be enough to get a gun like Griffen? Probably not, hence the first round pick thrown in.

The result would be that WB would get two areas they need to improve in strengthened, ie they would become more competitive through players who still have time on their side. Plus the bonus of a 1st rounder to help regenerate their list with quality and further improve their potential. Essendon would get a gun midfielder who can do it all- get his own ball, carry the ball and use it. He is hitting his prime years right now and Essendon is (IMO) on the verge of having a crack at a flag in the next few years. Would Griffen see another genuine flag opportunity at the Dogs in his career? Towards the tail end, perhaps? All this not mentioning the fact that no players would have to move house and re-settle, etc. The only issue would be the Bombers cap space. Otherwise the idea seems sound enough.

Is that better?

Good points, but the fact he last year signed until the end of 2015 means it is highly unlikely.

There's no way Yarran will leave Carlton.

good, they can keep the front-running, choking squib.

I think along with our crumbing forward we need a genuine HFF in the Bob Murphy/Angus Monfries role. I hope O'Brien fills those shoes but I wouldn't mind seeing us chase a Tory Dickson either

Max Gawn is out of contract at the end of the year (or at least that is what they were saying on SEN on Monday night) and has been kept from the side by some horrid players (Jamar has been pitiful). He cannot be happy with his current lot. The obvious issue would be that it wouldn't make much sense to leave to be third choice behind Ryder and Bellchambers, but you never know. If Bellchambers is as restless as people seem to want to think he is, Gawn would be close to a ready made replacement and potential star ruck.

I'd be insanely pissed off to lose Bellchambers, but Gawn would be a decent target to chase if we did lose him. I doubt the Demons could ask for too much either given they are putting him behind Jamar and Fitzpatrick.

I'd be insanely pissed off to lose Bellchambers, but Gawn would be a decent target to chase if we did lose him. I doubt the Demons could ask for too much either given they are putting him behind Jamar and Fitzpatrick.

How Gawn is behind Fitzpatrick has me baffled. Fitzpatrick has looked spectacularly ordinary every time I've seen him.

Not directly related to drafts and trading, but I have read the posts that imply we're lacking a speedy and line-breaking midfielder, how is Dalgleish progressing in the reserves? He was always going to be a long term prospect and something of a project player, but if he comes on as is hoped, he could really add those aforementioned components to our midfield rotation that we're lacking.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back