List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There's only one player that used to be on our list and is still playing that I would have back right now. Monfries. That's it.
I still love him like a Bomber lol.

No interest in Dal personally but right now Hooker is the most valuable commodity in that scenario...if Hooker involved suggest it's us who won't pull the trigger.

Hooker won't leave us, I'd have thought people would be used to that by now

yarran
[x] elite ball user
[x] speed

yes he only runs one way but every team needs a guy like this + we have players who will cover for him unlike at carlton

Agreed, we should also go for Maxwell, yes he spuds it up a lot but it's ok cause we have Hibbo and Dempsey to clean up his mess. wtf kind of reasoning is this? How about we set a standard on effort like a proper team and go after a player that doesn't run one way (and actually is an elite ball user)

So please hear me out

I don't know if we can but can we make a play for Daisy Thomas?

- His value right now is low due to his injury.

- Collingwood need a ruckman as Jolly is no spring chicken.

- Collingwood need another tall forward to play with Cloke as lynch was a quick bandaid because they thought the could push for a flag this year plus lynch is old as well.

- The only thing that I can think of that might stop us is our salary cap.

Bellchambers + first round = Daisy?

Bellchambers + Gumby = Daisy?

Gumby + first round = Daisy?

Bellchambers + Gumby + second round = Daisy?

Thoughts??????
Or am I dreaming

Dude it is Dale Thomas. He is a good enough player but what is it he is supposed to do that we don't have? You only throw the house at trades to fill in deficiencies (and then it has to be seriously good players to fill those deficiencies).

I'd sign him up as a free agent but I would not be happy to trade any top 26 player for him.

Bringing in Dale Thomas would be like when we got Richard Cole (Except Thomas is a much better player)

They wouldn't fit in because of their former club.

Although Thomas to Carlton would be almost the same...

Dude it is Dale Thomas. He is a good enough player but what is it he is supposed to do that we don't have? You only throw the house at trades to fill in deficiencies (and then it has to be seriously good players to fill those deficiencies).

I'd sign him up as a free agent but I would not be happy to trade any top 26 player for him.
At the risk of being a smart ass....does that include Nick Kommer?

what about...

Hooker/Pears - West Coast
Brown (WC) - St Kilda
Dal Santo (StK) - Essendon

West Coast would be very happy to swap Brown for Hooker and Pears and I'm sure the Saints are not going to accept a Dal Santo/Brown swap o_O .

Dal Santo is in steady decline and wouldn't have long left in his career I wouldn't think, maybe 1 more yr 2 at tops. So not sure why anybody is keen to get him.

If we trade out Hooker/Belly I would be wanting someone in the mid stage of there career instead of someone near the end of it.

I'm sick of seeing trade posts along the lines of

required player + draft pick (+ fringe player) = gun

Give us some reasoning to either get excited by the thought or knock it on the head, get us talking about it in realistic terms. If the gun player out of contract, are they disgruntled, are they affordable within our cap situation, is our required player disgruntled, why would you give up a specific draft pick if it is a strong draft year etc.

Start some discussion, don't just do a TBC + 2nd pick + Hardingham = Pendlebury type post. They are a waste of everyone's time.

* I know I've wasted my time writing this, probably your time reading it, but it shits me and I couldn't be bothered writing it in the "What Shits Ya" thread

I've floated this idea before but;

(note: On the proviso that Mitch Brown returns to Victoria)

Taste Pears + ESS 3rd Round for WCE 2nd Round pick

Im not sure if WCE would let there second round pick since it's looking increasingly likely they may finish outside the 8.

Does this suffice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to break it to people but Dayle Garlett will be gone inside the top 40 if what I've heard is correct

One particular club very keen? Or just he's cleaned himself up, killing it in the wafl and will go?

Seen he smoking and drinking early in the season and also preseason id hardly say hes cleaned up, yes hes had 2 very good performances but he also did the following year, id say hes probably gone to a new level on the field, but off field is where it matters.

Remember he was going top 10 last year aswell

Well the stupidity of not taking Dayle Garlett is going to bite us on the you know what. Out of that list you have listed Elliot/Dwyer/Krakouer (although too old and he misses home too much) as the small crumbing forwards. Good luck getting Elliot, and he is more your Medurst-type anyway. We need a Milne-type crumber.

Garlett has been dominating the WAFL from all reports.

There's only one player that used to be on our list and is still playing that I would have back right now. Monfries. That's it.
Ted Richards?

EDIT. I see it's already been brought up. Carry on.

Gumbleton + Pears for Taylor Adams + 2nd/3rd round pick

As much as I love Gumby and Tayte I think GWS would be willing to give up a lot for them and Adams is a probably the best option from the Giants trade table and is certainly a player that would be an asset to our side.

Stupid comment, I class Dale Thomas same playing style as Zaha . . . Mid/Fwd Player and very damaging going forward !

Daisy Thomas best years were 2010-2011, 2012 he was pushed out from his position by Beams and Sidebum and 2013 is a write off. . .Zaha's best years are 2012-2013 so lets look at some stats for those 2 years of each player.

Dale Thomas
Year Team GamesKicksHandballsDisposalsMarksGoalsBehindsTacklesHitoutsFrees ForFrees Ag.Brownlow
2013 Collingwood 5 12.2 9.6 21.8 4.8 0 0.4 1.8 0 1.0 1.2
2012 Collingwood 20 13.6 8.1 21.6 6.0 1.1 0.6 3.0 0 0.9 1.1
2011 Collingwood 21 16.3 8.9 25.1 6.0 0.6 0.7 4.2 0.4 1.6 1.2 0.53
2010 Collingwood 26 14.6 9.4 24.0 6.1 0.7 0.5 3.5 0.2 0.6 0.5 0.18
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-collingwood-magpies--dale-thomas#fast

David Zaharakis
Year Team GamesKicksHandballsDisposalsMarksGoalsBehindsTacklesHitoutsFrees ForFrees Ag.Brownlow
2013 Essendon 11 14.4 9.7 24.1 3.9 0.6 0.9 2.9 0 0.4 0.6
2012 Essendon 13 13.2 9.2 22.3 3.3 0.5 0.6 3.2 0 0.8 0.7
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-essendon-bombers--david-zaharakis#fast

So with the two years for each player I have mentioned, 2010-2011 Dale Thomas Vs 2012-2013 David Zaharakis. Daisy averaged more in every stat besides Handballs and Behinds, and with the years I listed for each player they are the years they were the same age. There is no reason Daisy can't find the form again, as he wasn't the flavour of the month in 2012 and 2013 he is injured. He is still young and is a perfect age for our list as we are starting/about to start our premiership window . . .

He would be a HUGE asset to our team as we could have a rolling rotation of Zaha and Daisy from Middle to Forward line, Daisy also shows great defense with his tackle average for those years and thats what we need more of in the forward line aswell.

edit: I added the hyperlinks as the graphs stuffed up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back