List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Jenkins is still pretty raw. I'd say he'd struggle to get a game at Essendon.

I completely forgot he was on our list.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-13/sons-shine-on-bombers
On our F/S academy

That's awesome. Hopefully it wont matter if we lose draft picks because of the ASADA conclusions; it'd be pretty harsh to tell a Neagle or Vander Haar that they can't play for Essendon.

If there are two Essendon father son prospects in the same draft and they both receive bids from opposition clubs using their first round pick for them do we have to choose which player we want to take?

That's awesome. Hopefully it wont matter if we lose draft picks because of the ASADA conclusions; it'd be pretty harsh to tell a Neagle or Vander Haar that they can't play for Essendon.

If there are two Essendon father son prospects in the same draft and they both receive bids from opposition clubs using their first round pick for them do we have to choose which player we want to take?
I believe we just have to use rd 1 then 2 a la wallis and libba at footscray

I believe we just have to use rd 1 then 2 a la wallis and libba at footscray

So if Club X bids for Neagle using pick 14, we decide to match it with pick 16 to select him, then Club Y bids on Thompson using pick 4, we can match it with a 2nd round pick can we?

Crows lost access to F/S picks as part of their punishment. Hope it doesn't cost Jydon Neagle as he sounds like he has promise.
I suppose we could tell them to not nominate for the draft until we have our F/S picks available to use, give them a run in the Essendon VFL for a season or something. Or would that be draft tampering?

what happens is this:

Clubs decide who they want for F/S and nominate them. They go through the draft order and ask each club if they want to bid on a certain player, and the club have to use their next pick. For example, Port bidded on Joe with pick 7 last year, and as such we had to use pick 10 to get him.

Browne is a shockingly overrated footballer. There must be a lot of former Xavier boys who post on here. There is certainly a lot to work with, and I like the look of him as a player, but he has a reputation that cannot possibly be based on his on field deeds.
i've said it before but Browne all of a sudden being talked about like a top prospect on here was one of the weirdest things. and it's barely ever been challenged

what happens is this:

Clubs decide who they want for F/S and nominate them. They go through the draft order and ask each club if they want to bid on a certain player, and the club have to use their next pick. For example, Port bidded on Joe with pick 7 last year, and as such we had to use pick 10 to get him.

Yep, and if no one decides to bid on a player, the club then gets to use its second round pick on them instead.

See Carlton getting Dylan Buckley for a lower pick, for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've said it before but Browne all of a sudden being talked about like a top prospect on here was one of the weirdest things. and it's barely ever been challenged

I think there's an element of it being because he stood out in the total carnage of Rounds 17-23; he was pretty much one of the few positives to come out of that time.

As Bruno said though, there is a fair bit to work with. Has consistently looked good at VFL level, and made a good fist of his games in the seniors last year.

yarran
[x] elite ball user
[x] speed

yes he only runs one way but every team needs a guy like this + we have players who will cover for him unlike at carlton

yarran
[x] elite ball user
[x] speed

yes he only runs one way but every team needs a guy like this + we have players who will cover for him unlike at carlton

pro's when we'll need him to fire (in finals):

1. speed

cons in finals:
1. soft
2. runs one way
3. poor overhead
4. chokes under pressure

glorified Leroy Jetta

pro's when we'll need him to fire (in finals):

1. speed

cons in finals:
1. soft
2. runs one way
3. poor overhead
4. chokes under pressure

glorified Leroy Jetta

okay mete.
you try and find an elite outside mid who can be a small forward who has pace
pls go

The problem with Yarran is, he just doesn't do it often enough.

I've seen him pin point precise, perfectly weighted passes a centimetre over someone's head quite a few times. When he produces that, his ability is obvious.

But just as often, he fluffs a kick inexplicably, or puts in a half hearted effort. In a lot of ways I'd almost put him in the Jared Brennan mould; can look insanely good on occasion, but just as often, bewildering absent-minded.

glorified Leroy Jetta

hmm I was thinking he's a poor man's Jetta. There is a heap of hype based on a good season a couple of years back (as one of Setanta's little helpers) and has done bugger all since then to show he's anything other than an average footballer. Yes he's fast but you need more than one attribute to be a good contributor in AFL. And a guy who runs one way has no place in our contested, defensive gameplan. The fact that Kommer gets selected for his defensive efforts (never mind a fair few of his efforts fail) should tell you that Yarran is not what the club needs.

I wonder if we should go for a top small forward with our first pick and a project midfielder with a later pick simply because our midfield depth is pretty good with guys like Kav not getting a look in and we can afford to wait for some scrawny kid to fill out.

okay mete.
you try and find an elite outside mid who can be a small forward who has pace
pls go

Harley Bennell, Lewis Jetta, David Zaharakis immediately spring to mind. Chris Yarran is no where near any of these guys

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back