Player Comparison Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Any two of Sewell, Van Berlo, Knights, Kade Simpson.

I am going for the league win so I do not mind that Van Berlo may miss early.

Personally i would definitely get Sewell and i would make your own mind up about the other 3 but i would probably go for kade simpson just based on his outstanding preseason but up to you

Sewell and Otten
or
Pendles and Ziebell

Ok, my team is looking pretty good just having trouble deciding between one spot in my forward line.

I decided to get one of either Richo / Pav / Harvey.

I allready have Reiwoldt, Deledio and Fev if that helps.

D. Motlop -> a lot of good players?

Rich -> Butler? or Hill(Freo) -> upgrade

im happy with the rest of my team except those two spots... (Rich and Hill both starters)

i think rich has as much risk as butler and should be better value and hill depends on who you would upgrade to but i think you need a lot of money before it is anyone worth it so motlop to a lot of good players seems like the best option

im stuck with
dalziell or ksimpson or montagna or tuck

think montagna's stats are very good averages 95 2 years ago as well, played 98 matches only going to improve, gets tackles - 4 games below 70 last year 9 below 80

simpson has some excellent patches or consecutive 100s and has to share it round a lot. 10 matches under 80 and think montagna is slightly better

dalziell has the ability to get 100 every week roving off half back and being the go to man because of his great kick. seems that voss also likes him with his nab cup form and should continue into 09

tuck is incredibly consistant with 22 games last 4 years. average 30.4 disposals from last 10 games and 109 dream team points from last 12 matches. however this is when richmond won 8 of 12 compared to 3 of 10 first rounds. it could depend a fair amount on how well richmond do. also tuck has to compete with a lot of players such as foley and deledio for tackles, contested ball/handball receives etc. and richo for cheap stats which tuck is not great at. think he is the most riskiest possibly with dalziell also but has the best dream team capabilities.

i think the rankings would be

1. dalziell
  2. montagna
  3. tuck
  4. simpson
but i just dont rate tuck that much as a dream teamer. daziell seems better than montagna but i think montagna can improve more than dalziell and is more safe.
choices and opinions would be great on this one

which is the better combo here this is my last 2 selections am im done-

didak+ottens
goodwin+sandilands
didak+fraser

or i could get mcintosh but im not real confident in him. thoughts on the above combos and mcintosh?

Option 1 looks the best:thumbsu:
im a little reluctant to pick ottens. i know if he played his best for 22 games he would go close to averaging 90 and being the 2nd best ruck. but i dont think hes interested anymore. i rekan hes past it and may only average low 70s. fraser could average 80+ very mobile around the ground gets a fair bit of the pill. whats your thoughts on big josh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 47k in the bank, and 2x86k players on my mid+fwd benches.
should i use the cash to get yarran or danger on my benches or use it on my 22?

I have 47k in the bank, and 2x86k players on my mid+fwd benches.
should i use the cash to get yarran or danger on my benches or use it on my 22?

Dont get either, go with rich, otten, ziebell or sidebottom over yarren or danger. But getting back to ur question there are plenty of 86k mids and fwds which will get around the same game time as others 40k more expensive so i would upgrade a player by 47k.

probs use it on the field, or you could always save it for a rainy day...

i got a real tight one, theres hardly any diff

Newman + J Selwood
vs
Mackie + Knights

theres deinitely some improvement in there, im a tad worried that Mackie may have to play more accountable in the backline now with the injuries...

Newman + J Selwood
vs
Mackie + Knights

theres deinitely some improvement in there, im a tad worried that Mackie may have to play more accountable in the backline now with the injuries...
Personally I would pick number 1, although it depends on how much you think Mackie and Knights will improve..

Ok, do people think I should downgrade Hodge in the backline to a Lockyer type player so I can get Skipworth/Krakouer? I think starting two rookies in the forward line may be too risky.

Newman + J Selwood
vs
Mackie + Knights

definately option 1. selwood will be one of the top players this year.

Pav or Gia?
&
K.cornes or cross?
Reasons?

Dempsey (200k) + Sandilands (360k)

vs

Reilly (280k) + McIntosh (300k)

Can't decide on this one and it's my last decision i think. I have a feeling Sandi will explode this year aswell :eek:

killing me these final decisions...

hasleby or tuck ??

ottens or hmac ??

rich or otten ??

cheers kds.

Tuck. because Haselby was dropping off b4 he got injured and tuck can only improve. more game time with crwf gone now aswell.
Rich. because Otten is likely to get less gametime than Rich with Adelaide midfield depth at the mo with other younsters fighting for spot
Hmac. just because he'll save you that little bit of coin. theyll both score similar but ottens gets ijured too easily.

pavlich or Gia?
and
k.cornes or boak?

Gibbs verse Selwood...

Okay so I see myself with atleast Bartel and Ablett and possibly Corey by seasons end. I think 4 Geelong mids might be to much does anyone agree? I have Ablett, Kornes and Swan already.

OUT: Wells + Gibbs + Malceski
IN: Player 434k or lower + Mackay + Sam Fisher

Or should i not worry about Malceski? He would be the only reason i make this trade. Also not sure on Wells, peoples thoughts?

Player 434k or lower = Brad Green, Cross, Harvey etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Comparison Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back