Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a bit of a pickle, I need to decide one player from the lsit below.

D.Beams
Armitage
Nathan Jones
MacKay
B.Ebert
Ibbotson
Pettard
Ward
Swift

Gray and Selwood.

Kornes + Dangerfield

or

Armitage + Gray

Tough one, I think there would be better options. Question marks over Dangerfield's fitness atm, whilst I'm not sold on Armitage either. Gray last night looked great though.

Personally on the option given there though I'd take Kornes + Dangerfield (if Danger is fit) as you have one keeper and one potential keeper compared to two potential keepers (though they are more likely).

I'm tossing up on:

O'Keefe & Harbrow
Vs.
Higgins & Duffield/Grimes

Tough one, I think there would be better options. Question marks over Dangerfield's fitness atm, whilst I'm not sold on Armitage either. Gray last night looked great though.

Personally on the option given there though I'd take Kornes + Dangerfield (if Danger is fit) as you have one keeper and one potential keeper compared to two potential keepers (though they are more likely).

I'm tossing up on:

O'Keefe & Harbrow
Vs.
Higgins & Duffield/Grimes

Go the second option. Higgins showed what he could do last night. He managed i think it was 63 in one half of football. He will average 85-95 because he will get more midfield time. I would take Grimes ahead of Duffield too because he will recieve more midfield time. Scored 136 against an almost full essendon side last week because he played in the midfield. Allthough O'Keefe might be a good pick up, I am not sold on Harbrow.

Gray + Masten + Malceski

or

Gray + Armitage + Kennelly

or

Dangerfield + Kornes + Kennelly

Go the second option. Higgins showed what he could do last night. He managed i think it was 63 in one half of football. He will average 85-95 because he will get more midfield time. I would take Grimes ahead of Duffield too because he will recieve more midfield time. Scored 136 against an almost full essendon side last week because he played in the midfield. Allthough O'Keefe might be a good pick up, I am not sold on Harbrow.

Gray + Masten + Malceski

or

Gray + Armitage + Kennelly

or

Dangerfield + Kornes + Kennelly
Definetly the better option

I disagree completely... In fact I would say the other two a better than the first one. Malceski hasn't played in a side with Shaw at the moment, he is currently playing Shaw's role. I can't see Malceski averaging over 80 this year. Masten handballs and kicks too much in comparison to marking and tackling and there are much better options out there for around the same price. Gray is a good buy in my opinion... will definitely be a 7th forward atleast and should average around 85. Kane Kornes you can't go wrong with except there is a possibility he will play up forward this year... personally I am not really sure what affect this will have on his scoring. Probably more goals, less possessions and tackles. I think you can maybe find a better player for a similar price. Armitage looks the goods, personally I am not buying him because there is no guarantee he will turn into a keeper and at that price you really have to be a keeper becuase it is far to expensive for just being a high cash cow... likewise with Masten. Kennelly and Hunt for me, are the only players in the mid-price defenders who you know what you will get. Both should average around 65-75 which should generate cash and both have excellent job security.

Hope all this assists you :thumbsu:

Getting back to your original question, though on who to pick... If you don't have Hunt, I would downgrade Kennelly to Hunt and use the extra 40k to upgrade Armitage to Luke Ball (If you don't have him)
That way, you are assured of two keepers :thumbsu:

I disagree completely... In fact I would say the other two a better than the first one. Malceski hasn't played in a side with Shaw at the moment, he is currently playing Shaw's role. I can't see Malceski averaging over 80 this year. Masten handballs and kicks too much in comparison to marking and tackling and there are much better options out there for around the same price. Gray is a good buy in my opinion... will definitely be a 7th forward atleast and should average around 85. Kane Kornes you can't go wrong with except there is a possibility he will play up forward this year... personally I am not really sure what affect this will have on his scoring. Probably more goals, less possessions and tackles. I think you can maybe find a better player for a similar price. Armitage looks the goods, personally I am not buying him because there is no guarantee he will turn into a keeper and at that price you really have to be a keeper becuase it is far to expensive for just being a high cash cow... likewise with Masten. Kennelly and Hunt for me, are the only players in the mid-price defenders who you know what you will get. Both should average around 65-75 which should generate cash and both have excellent job security.

Hope all this assists you :thumbsu:

Getting back to your original question, though on who to pick... If you don't have Hunt, I would downgrade Kennelly to Hunt and use the extra 40k to upgrade Armitage to Luke Ball (If you don't have him)
That way, you are assured of two keepers :thumbsu:

Thanks heaps guys. Allready have Hunt. Tough decision now. Will haave to decide between the first two options. Again, thanks for the input.

which midfield would u choose

Judd, Dal Santo, J Selwood, A Walker, D martin, Masten/Swift (barlow, jetta)

or

Judd, Dal Santo, J Selwood, Pendlebury, Trengrove, D martin (barlow, Jetta)

Someone may be able to help with my dilemma.

I have a big emphasis on having strong rucks this year with little risk.

I have locked in Sandi but my second ruck is between Mitch Clark and Jolly.

So... Jolly and Warnock (bench spot)
OR
Clark and 77k ruck?

It has got me thinking that ruckmen aren't great cash cows and Warnock won't really average over 40-50, so would it possibly be better to get the extra 5-10ppg from hacing Clark instead of Jolly?

Someone may be able to help with my dilemma.

I have a big emphasis on having strong rucks this year with little risk.

I have locked in Sandi but my second ruck is between Mitch Clark and Jolly.

So... Jolly and Warnock (bench spot)
OR
Clark and 77k ruck?

It has got me thinking that ruckmen aren't great cash cows and Warnock won't really average over 40-50, so would it possibly be better to get the extra 5-10ppg from hacing Clark instead of Jolly?
I've been struggling with the same sort of problem. I want to start with two keepers in the rucks, cos I don't think the ruck 'improvers' show as much potential as alot of the mid, fwd and back improvers of the same price. The problem is that the ruck keepers don't look as keepable as the mid, fwd and back keepers. After Sandi, I don't feel confident that any of last year's top 5 will maintain, let alone increase, their average - they all seem to have better second rucks taking their time in the middle away from them this year than they did in '09. So this leads me back to thinking the ruck is the place to take a risk on an improver. So I'm probably going Sandi and Naita/Hille/Seaby. But if you're set on the two premium setup, I guess Jolly is the most likely to keep his average. I prefer Clark and HMac as fantasy players, but Charman, Luey and Goldstein are all threatening to take alot of their time-in-ruck this year.

mitchell and dangerfield
or
higgins and mcveigh

also do u think hodge will receive a tag if he moves to the midfield??

or

No one is gonna answer ur questions because u didn't help anyone with their's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

k sorry didnt know we had to answer others questions, well rich gun imo i would go for ur first option, both are good options but selwood has apparantley had a killer pre season. however why not go for pendels and selwood save some cash from bartell and us that money elsewhere, cant see bartel avg too much more

now for my question

or

k sorry didnt know we had to answer others questions, well rich gun imo i would go for ur first option, both are good options but selwood has apparantley had a killer pre season. however why not go for pendels and selwood save some cash from bartell and us that money elsewhere, cant see bartel avg too much more

now for my question

or

I'm guessing you're about 12...

Screw price - Lewis Jetta and Michael Barlow (scoring potential and games - short and long term ie. next few years)

Barlow imo!

Fisher is not setting the world on fire in NAB....maybe a change of roles?

So Fisher and Malchski OR Duffield and Ladson???

Thx

Fisher and Malcheski IMO, They'll both perform consitantly rather than Duffield and maybe Ladson might let you down a bit.

No follow on question so I shall pose mine :

Gray and Trengove OR
Gia and Shuey/Banner

Gia and Banner for me. I just get the feeling Gray will attract far more attention as the season goes on, and not sure if he has the capability to shake off the attention. Gia has shown he can. Gray has potential to be 2nd player tagged (after Boak).
As for Shuey & Banner, its lineball for me (have both on the bench). Banner looks to be a ball magnet.

Nick Maxwell v Jarrod Harbrow v Scott Stevens plus cash??

With the mature age rookies showing they can play, it is looking more tempting to start an extra rookie in the midfield. So many to pick from, and the mature rookies especially have the bodies to be able to play 22 game already, so not as much worry about being rested as there is with and 18 year old. Many showing they can score well, could be a lot of money to be made in the midfield this year.

Gia and Banner for me. I just get the feeling Gray will attract far more attention as the season goes on, and not sure if he has the capability to shake off the attention. Gia has shown he can. Gray has potential to be 2nd player tagged (after Boak).
As for Shuey & Banner, its lineball for me (have both on the bench). Banner looks to be a ball magnet.

Nick Maxwell v Jarrod Harbrow v Scott Stevens plus cash??

Harbrow for mine..... I just rate him higher.

Chris Mayne or Barry Hall ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back