Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandilands and if u got the money upgrade to grimes. moving to the midfield this year and not many people have him. good roughie!!
but first option is looking better clark will get alot more attention this year

higgins and mclean
or
gibbs and dangerfield

well im not really a big fan of danger DT wise, so i wouldn't go there and Maclean is a hack!!

I love Higgins choice though, maybe Higgins with someone other than Maclean??

O'keefe (or some Gun fwd, maybe Chappy) & Hitchcock

OR

Ziebell & Hall

Take note: I have 3 Rookies in MID

well im not really a big fan of danger DT wise, so i wouldn't go there and Maclean is a hack!!

I love Higgins choice though, maybe Higgins with someone other than Maclean??

O'keefe (or some Gun fwd, maybe Chappy) & Hitchcock

OR

Ziebell & Hall

Take note: I have 3 Rookies in MID

That's quite simple really. If you're using the Gun/Rookie strategy, you pick O'Keefe and Hitchcock and if you're going Mid Price Improver, you go with Ziebell & Hall:p.

But in all honesty, who are your forward rookies if your starting Hitchcock on the ground (presumption)? I have struggled to find reliable forward rookies myself at the moment. . .

Anyways, if you already have 3 rookies in your midfield (starting?), then I would presume you are using Gun/Rookie therefore you should go option A.

P.S. Hawk's and Port's key defenders aren't very good and Hall's scores shouldn't be the only reason why you are selecting him.

cheers mate, yeah im starting 3 rookies in the mids, with 2 on the bench obviously.

My other bench fwds are rockcliffe and Podisadly

I was really against Hall after his first game, but then when i watched him on Friday he actually looked really fit. If i can get 9 games out of him i'd be happy as can upgrade to a gun.

My strategy really is to have a solid back and fwd line, with all the risk in the mids, but then i was impressed by Hitchcock and the ability to upgrade Ziebell to a gun was tempting...hmm...

Out of Barlow, Trengrove, Scully, Martin, Banner, Sheuy which 3 should I have?

Martin and Barlow are streaks ahead.

Banner and Shuey are pretty even. Both magnets, however I think Banner spot is saffer in the 22. Trengove should score around the same as them however he is 60 k more. You can also add Connors to that list who should play Half-back this year.

Hall - Will get it lace out but question marks over temperament.
vs.
Medhurst - Good pre-season form but may have to kick a lot of goals to score well.
vs.
Varcoe - May play some more midfield time this year.
vs.
Douglas - Good pre-season but his spot in the 22 is not a certainty.
vs.
Ziebell - A young star but will not go under the radar of the opposition.

Thoughts?

im thinking either ziebell or hall

i said this year i was not going to choose anyone thats old as a fart or has issues in playing all 22 but hall has made me rethink this big time

personally im gonna give him a crack and see how he does
after all, averaged a shitload when playing for a premiership swans side
and bulldogs score twice as much as swans do

anyway enough of that

not sure what to do with the last spot in forward line

had franklin in but not looking good now with a diminished hawks side
the other two im thinking of have durability issues
and harvey i have never been a fan of dt wise
so right now its out of;

franklin vs bob murphy vs higgins vs harvey vs any other suggestion

can spend any amount but too many question marks on almost all the premiums in the forwards and would rather save money and get a fairly cheap premium.
keep in mind that this player needs to be a keeper for me

im thinking either ziebell or hall

i said this year i was not going to choose anyone thats old as a fart or has issues in playing all 22 but hall has made me rethink this big time

personally im gonna give him a crack and see how he does
after all, averaged a shitload when playing for a premiership swans side
and bulldogs score twice as much as swans do

anyway enough of that

not sure what to do with the last spot in forward line

had franklin in but not looking good now with a diminished hawks side
the other two im thinking of have durability issues
and harvey i have never been a fan of dt wise
so right now its out of;

franklin vs bob murphy vs higgins vs harvey vs any other suggestion

can spend any amount but too many question marks on almost all the premiums in the forwards and would rather save money and get a fairly cheap premium.
keep in mind that this player needs to be a keeper for me

I would go Franklin, Higgins, Harvey, Murphy in that order. You'll save cashh on Higgins/Harvey and he's better than Murphy, plus he will average close to 100 again. I wouldn't worry about his NAB form. The Hawks will be better this year, and so will Buddy.

I got one: Harbrow/Ball vs Malceski/Boyd (or Selwood (whose better?))

Thanks

I would go Franklin, Higgins, Harvey, Murphy in that order. You'll save cashh on Higgins/Harvey and he's better than Murphy, plus he will average close to 100 again. I wouldn't worry about his NAB form. The Hawks will be better this year, and so will Buddy.

Thanks

Personally I'm not a massive fan of Harbrow DT wise... I can't see him getting enough possessions week in week out especially with Gilbee back there too. I love Ball as a dt option as if you look at his game time last year and then his average you realise how much of an impact he had in the little game time. Boyd to me just reads consitent and is quite unique in comparison to Selwood. Personally though I can't go past Selwood.

Back to your question, I'd go Malceski and Boyd, however if you are confident in Harbrow to become a keeper and average over 80-85 I would go him as it is one less upgrade.

My Question :D
It may have been done to death but I need a good justification
Waters or Hunt?

I think Hunts position in the 22 is a lot stronger than Waters' at this stage. I personally wouldn't chose Waters.

J.Selwood/Boyd and Hurn (or someone at a similiar price)
or
Ball and Duffield

Personally I'm not a massive fan of Harbrow DT wise... I can't see him getting enough possessions week in week out especially with Gilbee back there too. I love Ball as a dt option as if you look at his game time last year and then his average you realise how much of an impact he had in the little game time. Boyd to me just reads consitent and is quite unique in comparison to Selwood. Personally though I can't go past Selwood.

Back to your question, I'd go Malceski and Boyd, however if you are confident in Harbrow to become a keeper and average over 80-85 I would go him as it is one less upgrade.

My Question :D
It may have been done to death but I need a good justification
Waters or Hunt?

Why not both? If only one, I'd say Hunt.

Swan + Ablett + Trengove

or

Selwood + ($425k or lower premium [thinking O'Keefe, Cross or Watson]) + Armitage

Why not both? If only one, I'd say Hunt.

Swan + Ablett + Trengove

or

Selwood + ($425k or lower premium [thinking O'Keefe, Cross or Watson]) + Armitage

I prefer Option 2 as you get three keepers. Swan and Ablett should drop throughout the course of the season and you can upgrade to one. My only concern would be whether Selwood is good enough as a captain choice... you may consider upgrading him to Bartel who is just a tiny bit more safe.

Enright, Duffield, Grimes or Gilbert (Rank them and why)

J.Selwood/Boyd and Hurn (or someone at a similiar price)
or
Ball and Duffield

My personal allegiances would pick Option 1, yet the DT part of my brain says Option 2.

My midfield looks like this at the moment:

Jimmy Bartel, Joel Selwood, Luke Ball, Mark McVeigh, Liam Shiels, Dustin Martin with Shuey on the bench thus far.

I'm trying to decide if my second bench opening goes to Banner or Barlow. Alternatively, do I drop Shiels and bring in both Barlow and Banner while also picking up so cash in the bank.

I'm hesitating with Barlow at the moment purely because I don't know if he'll fit into the Dockers team when Palmer comes back. The Docker's latest injury list has Palmer out for 4 weeks. That means he could come back into the Dockers side for Round 3. Even if it takes Palmer a couple of extra weeks to return to the side, if Barlow is the unlucky one to be dropped to make way for Palmer, I don't think Barlow would be near his cash-in value.

This decision is really doing my head in! What are your thoughts/opinions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks

Franklins highest average is 96 in 2008. Obviously the year the hawks won the flag so he was in a very good team. Even then he was up and down which means that his price will most likely drop if he puts in one or two bad games. On top of this the hawks are looking as though they are having similar injury problems as last year so it could be another year averaging in the 80's for Buddy.

Harvey on the other hand is a proven scorer, very durable and will probably average 90-95 again this year. Yes he is over 30 but he is an absolute star and has shown he is still one of the best forwards in DT.

Higgins I feel is too much of a risk for the price, with his injury problems. Has the ability to be one of the best forwards but his hammys worry me

enright - most consistant, always scores well, durable
duffield - not as consistant as enright but still good in that department, durable
grimes - as a smokey, playing midfield but durability issues
gilbert - unsure if his role will change to that of a shutdown player or continue being the loose man, started getting tagged at the back end of the season in 09. not sure if saints can keep up last years form. although gilbert could be anywhere from 2nd to 4th out of these players i think

enright - most consistant, always scores well, durable
duffield - not as consistant as enright but still good in that department, durable
grimes - as a smokey, playing midfield but durability issues
gilbert - unsure if his role will change to that of a shutdown player or continue being the loose man, started getting tagged at the back end of the season in 09. not sure if saints can keep up last years form. although gilbert could be anywhere from 2nd to 4th out of these players i think

Cheers... Although Enright I agree looks the best, I'm going to have to go with Duffield. Should be a unique pick and being my second back I'm prepared to take a bit more of a risk as opposed to the safety of Enright.

My midfield looks like this at the moment:

Jimmy Bartel, Joel Selwood, Luke Ball, Mark McVeigh, Liam Shiels, Dustin Martin with Shuey on the bench thus far.

I'm trying to decide if my second bench opening goes to Banner or Barlow. Alternatively, do I drop Shiels and bring in both Barlow and Banner while also picking up so cash in the bank.

I'm hesitating with Barlow at the moment purely because I don't know if he'll fit into the Dockers team when Palmer comes back. The Docker's latest injury list has Palmer out for 4 weeks. That means he could come back into the Dockers side for Round 3. Even if it takes Palmer a couple of extra weeks to return to the side, if Barlow is the unlucky one to be dropped to make way for Palmer, I don't think Barlow would be near his cash-in value.

This decision is really doing my head in!

Thoughts??

Thoughts??

Bartel - Gun

Selwood - Many teams are going to have Selwood and rightfully so. I personally have gone with Boyd because he is more unique and consistant. I am a little worried about the amount of attention Selwood is going to get this year, but he is a gun so should be able to break the tags.

Ball - Was very interested in him but had a look at his history. Allthough, he is a very good dtér, he can be a little inconsistant. Some weeks he gets 120+ but the next week he will score you 50. Anyway, a good cheap option who will become a keeper.

McVeigh - Obviously suspended round 1. He is getting on in age, racks up the ball and won't get tagged. I see him averaging between 75-85. I would only get him if you are considerring upgrading him later on down the track. I honestly prefer Masten or Armitage if you can get them. Or maybe Dangerfield if you don't have him up forward.

Shiels - Unique pick, but a little worried about job security. I personally would downgrade him to either Barlow, Banner or Trengove.

Martin - Good choice

Shuey - Yep keep. Banner I reakon is a better option though.

Also make sure you get Barlow. This years Liam Anthony.

All have their problems
Mcveigh and Kerr obviosuly with Injury, and suspension issues
Masten with his ability to kick instead of handball

I would still go for masten though, purely on age and potential (ripped up pre season)

My team appears to be taking some shape now, its just a matter of the oppurtunity cost of some decisions, for example

Trengove (mel), Boak and Waters
or
Barlow (starting), S.Thompson/Goodes, Hunt

The only thing that is stopping me from jumping on scenario 2, is Barlows job security. Freo fans wish to comment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back