Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell has more upside because firstly Hawthorn is set to improve off last year and players in winning teams tend to score higher in DT, and secondly because he has had a huge preseason which makes all the difference

Mitchell has more upside because firstly Hawthorn is set to improve off last year and players in winning teams tend to score higher in DT, and secondly because he has had a huge preseason which makes all the difference
I agree with this statement if it is a player like Buddy Franklin and he's a key forward, because obviously it will spend more time in the forward line, But for Mitchell, I really don't think it will make much difference. Also, I wouldn't read too much into pre-seasons on who's training well, the only thing's i look for is:

• Interrupted Pre-Season
  • Role they play
  • Job Security
Apart from those, I don't think you can go, Player X won the 3km trial run therefore he must be in my dt because he trained well.

I would go Mitchell if you want big scores but the odd inconsistent one and Boyd if you just want consistency.

Selwood + Mayne
Or
McPhee + TDL, Gumby or Pods as 7th forward

Selwood, Mayne + Pods - Much more upside in the long term imho!

Banner or Trengrove starting in mids as 5/6th?

Thx!

I agree with this statement if it is a player like Buddy Franklin and he's a key forward, because obviously it will spend more time in the forward line, But for Mitchell, I really don't think it will make much difference. Also, I wouldn't read too much into pre-seasons on who's training well, the only thing's i look for is:

• Interrupted Pre-Season
  • Role they play
  • Job Security
Apart from those, I don't think you can go, Player X won the 3km trial run therefore he must be in my dt because he trained well.

I would go Mitchell if you want big scores but the odd inconsistent one and Boyd if you just want consistency.

Selwood + Mayne
Or
McPhee + TDL, Gumby or Pods as 7th forward

I am not convinced by Selwood. Yes he is a Selwood but I just dont rate him from what I have seen. I want to cos he is a Selwood but he is just not that impressive so far. Do we all have Selwood blindness? Mayne will definitely be a good cash cow IMO. McPhee could go either way. I had him but have decided to steer clear after the weekend. He still makes too many costly errors and this could cost him TOG. Consider Hurn and Bower as options a touch cheaper. I dont fancy Pods getting a game unless Hawkins is injured. Not sure on TDL's scoring ability or Gumby getting on the park. I liked the look of Hitchcock at a similar price. Only one pre-season game but he was very impressive.

Higgins V Harvey

Oh ic sorry lol - go with option with selwood (watch for him to dominate imo!)

...my question :)

Go to bed you have school tomorrow! :p

Basing your question on nab cup round 1 you would have to say banner looked better. I hav about a group of ten rookies who and I will choose 4 for my midfield. I won't decide which 4 I will include until the week before round one. The only one I am pretty much certain I will include is Martin barring injury :thumbsu:

G Ablett + Malceski vs Fisher + Masten?

Ablett and Malceski. Ablett is a gun, malceski is a good chance to become a back keeper IF he gets back to old fitness. He did look good on the weekend, looked to be moving much more freely than last year. Fisher is a safe keeper pick with possible upside. But Masten is not a great pick IMO. He may improve some but possibly not enough to be a keeper in the midfield or enough to have strong cash cow status.

Sandliands and Ziebell V Hille and Riewoldt?

Higgins V Boomer Harvey

Can someone please help me out,
A Sandiland & B Waters Vs D Hille & H Shaw?
Thanks

I am thinking Sandi and Waters. Sandi and Shaw both look like solid picks. Both Waters and Hille provide similar risk and return, but if you need to trade them out you have more options in the backs. In the rucks chice is limited. That is the benefit IMO for locking in a ruckman or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the help major tom. I would like to help you out on
Higgins V Boomer Harvey but i am not too sure about it.
I just don't want to give wrong advice that's all

I would say Higgins on that choice. Boomer seems past his best and has never been a massive DT scorer imo. Higgins is a gun of the future and gets a lot of DT points due to marks and goals.

Sandi + M. Barlow (Freo kid in mids) or Ottens + Masten?

If I went the first I prob wouldn't start Barlow, he would be a sub. I would start 2 of Trengove, Martin, Jetta and Barlow.

I would say Higgins on that choice. Boomer seems past his best and has never been a massive DT scorer imo. Higgins is a gun of the future and gets a lot of DT points due to marks and goals.

Sandi + M. Barlow (Freo kid in mids) or Ottens + Masten?

If I went the first I prob wouldn't start Barlow, he would be a sub. I would start 2 of Trengove, Martin, Jetta and Barlow.

Thanks XPISTO

I think Dandi and Barlow. Sandi is a sake keeper and Balrlow looks like a great mature rookie option. Ottens is an injury risk. I dont think MAsten is a great pick. He will rise but probably not enough to be a mid keeper or enough to be a decent cash cow, so you may end up having to waste a trade on him.

Hargrave + Jetta
or
armitage + ~200k back like malceski or myers? (already have kennelly, waters, hunt, ladson)

Thanks Major Tom :)

Moogs, given you already have those other 4 'speculatives' I would be steering clear of a 5th one like Malceski / Myers. Max imo would be 3 of Malceski, Tadgh, Waters, Hunt and Ladson. If you have all 4 you leave yourself open to some serious trade issues. Hunt and even Ladson to an extent I think are safe cause they've been durable over a long period, but the others are all proven to be injury prone.

Would Jetta be starting for you? It all depends who else you have in your backs and mids I think. But if I had to choose I'd say Hargrave / Jetta.

you would probably have to say hargrave and jetta mate. you look like you already hae enough mid priced/returning from injury backs and a gun like hargrave would give your backline some security. having said that, with jetta on your starting mids..this could look shaky as im not sure he is guanteed a perminant spot. hes on my bench atm with barlow. which brings me to my question

masten + shiels v 420k Premium + trengove.

the 2nd option would mean i am starting 4 premium mids and then trengove and martin my 5th and 6th starting mids. is this too risky? or made worthwhile by the strength of midfield rookies available?

you would probably have to say hargrave and jetta mate. you look like you already hae enough mid priced/returning from injury backs and a gun like hargrave would give your backline some security. having said that, with jetta on your starting mids..this could look shaky as im not sure he is guanteed a perminant spot. hes on my bench atm with barlow. which brings me to my question

masten + shiels v 420k Premium + trengove.

the 2nd option would mean i am starting 4 premium mids and then trengove and martin my 5th and 6th starting mids. is this too risky? or made worthwhile by the strength of midfield rookies available?
2nd option.

Birchall + Dangerfield
or
Ladson + Gray

Option 2 obviously looks better BUT Birchall would likely be a backline keeper with an avg of 75-85 whereas Gray may not be a forward line keeper. Danger/Ladson will need and upgrade.

200k back like malceski or myers? (already have kennelly, waters, hunt, ladson)

I sure hope you have at least one of them on the bench... I would say, playing 3 of them on the field is risky!

I have a 5th back who is a high priced cash cow who I will not disclose because he is being glanced over by everyone and should have a breakout year IMO and then three of the players you named above with one of them starting on the bench.

you would probably have to say hargrave and jetta mate. you look like you already hae enough mid priced/returning from injury backs and a gun like hargrave would give your backline some security. having said that, with jetta on your starting mids..this could look shaky as im not sure he is guanteed a perminant spot.
btw two of these 4 (waters, Kennelly, ladson, hunt) are on my bench since there are no rookies that I trust to play ATM. Jetta (or banner or shuey) would be starting, with Goddard, duffield, enright, hodge. I think my backline is pretty solid so this would just be strengthening my mids slightly. I guess it's all about who will rise in price more out of Jetta and armitage + another 200k back, assuming Hargreaves is already at full price.

Andrew Raines or Alex Rance?
also
Rick Ladson or Ryan Shoenmakers?
I would avoid both rance and raines instead go for marcus drum (209) levi Greenwood (220) or nick suben (240)

go for ladson both will play 22 and he should average more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back