Rumour Players wants out of Essendon MEGATHREAD - all rumours relating to Dons in here

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't help but wonder if the reason the trade was pushed back a little was to have a space of time for the AFL to work through complications of the Essendon/ASADA situation. So far the AFL has made no comment on it and no clubs have publicly made queries yet - but as soon as all finals are over talk will happen, but surprising I haven't head the media report on this tricky situation. Maybe they have - but I haven't heard anything.

I am not certain there will be a mass exodus. We will see but sometimes these things are just hype.

If there is anything to a faction who are dissatisfied Hird will be return, wonder what the news he offered to stand down completely for the players will have any bearing on attitude changes?

I can't help but wonder if the reason the trade was pushed back a little was to have a space of time for the AFL to work through complications of the Essendon/ASADA situation. So far the AFL has made no comment on it and no clubs have publicly made queries yet - but as soon as all finals are over talk will happen, but surprising I haven't head the media report on this tricky situation. Maybe they have - but I haven't heard anything.

I am not certain there will be a mass exodus. We will see but sometimes these things are just hype.

If there is anything to a faction who are dissatisfied Hird will be return, wonder what the news he offered to stand down completely for the players will have any bearing on attitude changes?

I don't think the players can leave until they are cleared or infraction notices are served. Its way too big of a risk for any other club to take.

If you were an essendon players manager you'd think the best interest for your client would be to sign an Essendon contract so you have an income until you know for sure you will be taken by other clubs. I'm almost certain there will will be clauses that allow the contracts to be canceled or as we have been told legal ground on which the players can cancel contracts straight away.

Hirdy's plan worked yes, he successfully stopped teams trying to poach our KPP. He is so smart

That's what kind of stuns me about all this. Essendon supporters think Hird is "smart".
Maybe its just relative to Essendon supporters.

• So is he "smart" and a cheat?
  • Or is he innocent and naïve ( naïve is a nice way of saying thick as a plank )?

He cant be both.

That's what kind of stuns me about all this. Essendon supporters think Hird is "smart".
Maybe its just relative to Essendon supporters.

• So is he "smart" and a cheat?
  • Or is he innocent and naïve ( naïve is a nice way of saying thick as a plank )?

He cant be both.
Ah, I think his comment was fairly tongue in cheek in that context...

What's the go with Jetta, Doss? He genuinely looked like he wanted to be anywhere but at the MCG on Saturday night.
He's be gone regardless of anything that happened, on account of appearing to have his papers stamped by the coaching group and unable to crack a game, certainly not consecutive ones.

He's a funny one, cut it up in the twos for weeks and couldn't get a game, then when he finally does he stinks it up big time.

Don't want to talk him down too much though, he has a bit of currency ;)

He's be gone regardless of anything that happened, on account of appearing to have his papers stamped by the coaching group and unable to crack a game, certainly not consecutive ones.

He's a funny one, cut it up in the twos for weeks and couldn't get a game, then when he finally does he stinks it up big time.

Don't want to talk him down too much though, he has a bit of currency ;)

haha, of course he does.

It seems odd that you'd move Jetta on and keep Alwyn Davey, though. I actually thought he got delisted 2 years ago.

haha, of course he does.

It seems odd that you'd move Jetta on and keep Alwyn Davey, though. I actually thought he got delisted 2 years ago.

I think that because Davey also lays a lot of tackles and uses his pace as both a defensive weapon as well as an attacking one, he provides a lot more to the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha, of course he does.

I think Alwyn gives the impression he tries, and cares, Jetta just....always seems to take too much for granted, a fresh start might be good for him

haha, of course he does.

on the face of it it does seem odd, I agree, but Jetta has never really come on. Shame, she is my wife's favourite player, little Leroy. I've always had high hopes, and I will wish him well if he goes to a new club and watch his career with interest.

As for Davey, he has the fumbles, but his forward pressure is actually pretty good. A lot better than Jetta's (who is not really a forward anyway). And regarding Davey, I don't know how cynical you are (well, actually, of course I do ;) ), but he has four sons who look exceptional talents, and last week was his 100th game for Essendon. Read into that what you will ;)

on the face of it it does seem odd, I agree, but Jetta has never really come on. Shame, she is my wife's favourite player, little Leroy. I've always had high hopes, and I will wish him well if he goes to a new club and watch his career with interest.

As for Davey, he has the fumbles, but his forward pressure is actually pretty good. A lot better than Jetta's (who is not really a forward anyway). And regarding Davey, I don't know how cynical you are (well, actually, of course I do ;) ), but he has four sons who look exceptional talents, and last week was his 100th game for Essendon. Read into that what you will ;)

Just the 4 sons? Can't afford a TV?

And regarding Davey, I don't know how cynical you are (well, actually, of course I do ;) ), but he has four sons who look exceptional talents, and last week was his 100th game for Essendon. Read into that what you will ;)
Davey is 29, how old are his 4 sons? Gee you guys spot the talent early.

Can a talent scout take contracts to the under 11's?:D Hey kid, sign here and i'll give you a lollie.

Davey is 29, how old are his 4 sons? Gee you guys spot the talent early.

Can a talent scout take contracts to the under 11's?:D Hey kid, sign here and i'll give you a lollie.
haha he had them early - the twins are already 9! Probably a bit early to tell with Cruz, given he just turned one ;)

Can't go wrong with four free hits at it though can you?

Echols

Came in to answer your query to find it's already been taken care of already! But yes, it's fair to say Jetta's departure has been on the cards for a while, regardless of other events at the Dons this year.

Echols

Came in to answer your query to find it's already been taken care of already! But yes, it's fair to Jetta's departure has been on the cards for a while, regardless of other events at the Dons this year.

I never knew you had so many minions, mate. You're kind of a big deal.

would any club pick up players before the ASAD report comes out? As there is a chance they wont be allowed to play.
I think some players who arent happy with their playing time might use the scandal as a way out of the club.

So you didn't hear that GWS are happy to deal with essendon? it's been plastered everywhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Players wants out of Essendon MEGATHREAD - all rumours relating to Dons in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back